Current Events - Open Letters

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Hi.

With the new patch didn’t just nerfed the bandit bosses they also added new posters and a new achievement called “Open Letters”.

The first of these posters is at Beetletun at the dungeon entrance and what the poster says is really interesting. There also more of these posters in Kryta.

Only open spoiler if you either have the stuff or don’t mind getting the core information now

Caudecus is the Author of all of the posters. He just didn’t make the White Mantle public, he also says that he is the supreme leader, following with some anti-queen propaganda and on one poster he basically declares war on Kryta.
On the letters to the Bandits, he declares again that Lazarus is an imposter, Mursaat have forsaken them etc ( some letters even contradict each other which is nice xD ) and that he is the only rightful ruler of the Mantle and Kryta

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

more details here: http://dulfy.net/2016/12/13/gw2-open-letters-current-events-guide/
(don’t go if you don’t want to be spoiled

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thanks for the heads up. Didn’t know this had been added

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Many thanks for this, and for giving just enough info to get the search going. I’m so glad that plot hasn’t been forgotten.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Sadly, all I’m seeing is torn letters. I can’t do anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Sadly, all I’m seeing is torn letters. I can’t do anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Are you looking at the correct letters? The torn ones might be from the other letters achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yeah, I was looking at the right ones. It seems that by changing to a different character, I was able to see them and interact with them properly.

The one that could read them was the one I’ve used in the LS, the first wasn’t. I don’t know if that matters or not.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

You need to use a character that has done the latest living world stuff, apparently.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Anyone else not tear down his letters? Guys? >.>

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Anyone else not tear down his letters? Guys? >.>

Viva Free Speech!

“Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.” (Jefferson)

“When truth is left free to combat error, it may not only be safely tolerated, but will be more exposed to a decisive refutation.” (W.L. Kingsley)

I leave the posters up, too. Let the Libertarian Revolution come to Tyria!

in Living World

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Yeah, I was looking at the right ones. It seems that by changing to a different character, I was able to see them and interact with them properly.

The one that could read them was the one I’ve used in the LS, the first wasn’t. I don’t know if that matters or not.

Dulfy notes you need to have completed season 3 episodes 1-3, so it probably does!