Current Events always fail

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m talking about the priory and consortium events in Mt Maelstrom, Snowden drifts, and Blazeridge Steppes.

These events are overturned. They .failed a lot when zeros were around to do them. Now that zergs are no longer around to slow the golems and return the orbs, they nearly always fail.

And the maps are empty. These events are seemingly tuned for over 20 people, but a commander tag might draw 4-5 people to the event. Plus the events are long and don’t give much of a reward.

Am I doing it wrong, or are these events in dire need of scaling?

Inb4: “I did the events when they just came out and people were around, so you should do them like me”

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This is actually a common event since interest has moved on. I know, I know. The events aren’t dead. Just find a full map with LFG. Yeah . . . that kind of says the events are dead, but we’ve already beaten that dead horse to a pulp.

No, Nekretaal, you’re not doing it wrong. You are in fact very much aware of the problem. Sadly, yes, the events need better scaling since the majority has moved on. Might be best to ask for help from guildmates or strangers. Otherwise, you’ll need to get real good at soloing.

Sorry the outlook isn’t better, but you’ve identified the issue correctly.

In this instance you are correct mate.
But when trying the same logic to a event that spawn total 6 times a day and are done the majority of those 6 times, on some shards its not a dead event as you stated in TT thread

Edit.
Since you dont know when these events spawn and cant coordiante for it in advance + that they fail quick make them a hot mess.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The events are actually much easier with less, than with 10+. It’s also possible to solo them, though some are much harder than others. 3 should be enough, assuming 80s. Personally, I’ve done some solo, but it’s much easier with just 1 other person, from the perspective of a zerker elementalist. The first time I went in solo, I figured it’d turn out badly when veterans started spawning, since I remember barely denting them when they were upscaled, but they melted just like any regular enemy.

in Living World

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Every single one of these fails, even with small or big groups, just seems like not enough inquest die or they collect it to fast. Even after i got the collecting/donating achieves and just kill like crazy, still fails. They need to tone this down especially since its became inactive.

in Living World

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The event is not overturned but the update that spawn spark per player due to out cry that they can’t complete AP running the spark make it difficult . most people who run openworld dont bring Aoe CC on their bar anyway.

in Living World

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

I’m going to completely disagree here. After finishing it start to end on 3 accounts this week. I can conclude the blame lies completely on the shoulders of the massively inept playerbase. People have zero interest in learning how the events truly work and just kill stuff in braindead mode.

Why do event succeed more often with less people, because 1 intelligent person can offset the stupidity of 4 others. The more players the less likely you will have enough intelligent players to offset the mass stupidity.

in Living World

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

You see at alot more now that big groups sometimes struggle syncing up meta stuff because alot of people either don’t know or don’t care and just auto attack or follow the meta build instructions to a T.

SO it is really a mix of not knowing what to do and not enough people, which can be a problem when more content comes out and even less people do stuff especially when the next expansion is out and HoT is no longer done.

in Living World

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I think the core problem of the Priory/Consortium Ley line gathering is its bad scaling, which is much less forgiving in small groups than it is in large ones.

To success you need:
1. Collectors for you own team (some just donate one, than go auto attack)
2. Killers of Inquest carriers (where the bad scaling hits hard, you just can’t keep up)
3. Taunting Inquest collectors with a “ley line energy pick up” just behind the Inquest collection area at the spawn point (only needs 1-3 skilful people, but they are rare these days).

During the initial phase of the events, with 30 or 50 people doing them, the “useless auto attack #1” people did succeed, because they got carried by a few skilful “taunts” and so much CC that the Inquest just died. Now, with 5 or 10 people doing the events, they are just overwhelmed if not everyone contributes as best as he can)

Applies to other stuff as well, like breaking the bar on The Shatterer.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Is there anything that can stop the spawn of the super-fast golem collectors or do the spawn because of the number of people?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The inquest ones don’t really feel like they are worth trying anymore. Other events are doable.

in Living World

Djinn.9245

I think the biggest problem with the Ley Energy Research events is that they are too complicated for open-world events that you’re supposed to just run up and play. I was talking to a Commander that organizes the events and learned much more about them than I was able to by just participating.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Is there anything that can stop the spawn of the super-fast golem collectors or do the spawn because of the number of people?

You need the “taunts” to keep them running towards you (and you lick up the energy token again before they reach you – drop and repeat) instead of the ones they could bring back. One person doing the “taunt” job can keep a dozen of them busy (and not collecting) if he has good positioning and reflexes.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Living World

Djinn.9245

You need the “taunts” to keep them running towards you (and you lick up the energy token again before they reach you – drop and repeat) instead of the ones they could bring back. One person doing the “taunt” job can keep a dozen of them busy (and not collecting) if he has good positioning and reflexes.

I also had someone tell me that its important to kill the golemancers. I’m not sure if that slows down the golem production?

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know if it slows down the production, but they protect the various golems so you can’t damage them enough to stop them before they get hold of and deliver the ley energy. Killing a golemancer fast lets folks burn down the golems, and the faster that happens the faster the event ends as it succeeds once the inquest morale is depleted (if they get enough energy before then, it fails and they leave with their gains).

in Living World

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

This is seriously a problem. I’ve been trying to complete these achievements for about 3 weeks now.

It. Always. Fails!

in Living World

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Another thing I see is the differences between the north and south flinnz/keadin events. What I mean by this is, when all 3 are together for the ley energy collection phase, in the southern event, flinnz is much much further away to the inquest scientist than Keadin is. yet people pull the coal towards keadin, which makes it pop more ley energy closer to the scientist, which inturn makes for a very difficult time in keeping the golems at bay.

Now exactly the opposite is true up north. Keadin is further away then flinnz. You need to runn the ley energy to the flinnz in the southern event and to keadin in the northern event. otherwise they fail, big group or small group. The further you take the ley energy from the inquest scientist, the better you can offset the golems and their efficiency. Ive seen a lot of commanders not grasp this concept and fight me on who to pull the energy to. at EVERY time that happens, we end up failing.

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Also probable that core maps being too easy, that most revisit them to only gather nodes or do some collection or achievements, that’s atleast some players not coming back.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

So I finally finished the achievement. It was awful and took me two months, failing at least 70% of the time. I stand by my opinion that the events are overturned and unrewarding.

The commander tag and lfg helped find the people, and was invaluable.

The mechanics trick with the event seems to be that the Inquest Golemancers have to be immediately killed when they spawn, as they channel Aegis to golems, or the event will fail. (The golems can’t be quickly killed under this protection) Unfortunately, the Inquest Golemancers are tiny Asturias hiding behind giant Golems (hard to spot, and pugs seem to go after the big golems first), and the Golemancers have giant amounts of HP and a giant Breakbar (even though they are just veterans).

I would suggest that this event be tuned so that in low population scaling situations, the Golemancers had HP appropriate for a veteran asura, not the elite/boss multiple rotations amount of HP they seem to have now.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think the problem is the achievements versus the events themselves. Current world achievements on old maps really should be soloable when possible.

As for the group events, I actually like having them there to do as guild events every so often (and still think they should be transitioned to guild missions at some point).