Dealing with skeleton lich ?

in Living World

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I was popping tag farming Labyrinth the otherday. When people ask to do Skeleton Lich boss.I told them that this thing is hard without mesmer/necro stripping boon so I usually avoid that boss.

Someone suggest that without those 2 classes.Zerg can climb a rock and range the lich while his add can’t reach and not have to deal with retaliation boon that melt zerg faster than butter.

So we climb the spot and process to pull lich. 3 minute passed and look like he not getting a dent.So I gave up tell zerg to move on.I do notice that Lich havn’t got any condition on him which tell me that most range attack didn’t hit him.

/Rant . It was really annoying that there is an obnoxious person filling the map chat telling what commander should do and want show how’s it done when he just farmed with the zerg not popping a tag before someone else do it. /Rant

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

High DPS via Fire fields and condi clear via Light fields do the trick A LOT easier than needed to specifically boon rip.

Also people tend to listen more if you just ask them to light and fire field only.

EDIT : Oh and this is obviously done by stacking in that corner behind the bolder.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

The asking of boon strips is specifically for the retal which hurts a lot of the people farming due to cleaving. Once the lich summons his minions it becomes a masochist’s dream world.

in Living World

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

High DPS via Fire fields and condi clear via Light fields do the trick A LOT easier than needed to specifically boon rip.

Also people tend to listen more if you just ask them to light and fire field only.

EDIT : Oh and this is obviously done by stacking in that corner behind the bolder.

This strategy only works for an optimised zerg. If the fight drags on, retaliation will melt your group ftl.

Boon stripping is still the most reliable strategy.

Cornerstack works in dungeons since you can easily have optimised groups there. It’s unreliable at best in open world.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’ve done the stack in multiple places and had it work well when people didn’t run out of the stack. The other night, we had a group that stood up on a pile of rubble and casually ranged him down without a hint of effort or danger.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Just did a range on the ledge and we died at 45% hp gone because someone wouldn’t pull back their pets. I was the commander and I up and left after we wiped.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.