Deep Sea Dragon's name

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Underwater dragon… which means underwater battles! Yaay!
Finally some underwater combat in underwater, since we barely get any underwater stuff at all these days in underwater!!!!!
Ohh.. did I forget to mention it was underwater?

Ha. Given how few weapon and utility skills actually work underwater … What I suspect is that Steve is going to surface and go on land so that we don’t have to go underwater.

That and the fact that they aren’t making underwater weapons anymore

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Underwater dragon… which means underwater battles! Yaay!
Finally some underwater combat in underwater, since we barely get any underwater stuff at all these days in underwater!!!!!
Ohh.. did I forget to mention it was underwater?

Ha. Given how few weapon and utility skills actually work underwater … What I suspect is that Steve is going to surface and go on land so that we don’t have to go underwater.

That and the fact that they aren’t making underwater weapons anymore

I have a feeling they’ll bring back underwater combat, but give it a Mastery rank-ish upgrade ala Bloodstone Fen. Special skills useable underwater only. Easier to balance that.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Ganondwarf.6852

Ganondwarf.6852

There is a giant conspiracy which the populous must be made aware of. There are no dragon corrupted skritt. Yet there are skritt everywhere there are dragons, always searching for “shinies”. Interestingly enough, many deep sea creatures are very “shiny”. Many of the dragons have been “shiny” too. I give you the thought that the deep sea dragon is a shiny, furry, monster that is of the name “Shiny”. That’s right, the skritt are dragon minions. I wait for the day our skritt overlords overthrow LA.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

To the people suggesting that Taimi couldn’t possibly know Stevie Wonder’s name keep in mind she’s sitting on a trove of ancient Elder Dragon knowledge in Rata Novus that the Priory never had access to.

(edited by Oldirtbeard.9834)

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I just call him/her S hub Niggurath! :P

(Read the link before getting offended and know that world is filled with complex different languages and stuff, that might sound like something else, thus your “inoffensive” can be offensive to some minority)

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

There is a giant conspiracy which the populous must be made aware of. There are no dragon corrupted skritt. Yet there are skritt everywhere there are dragons, always searching for “shinies”.

The post might have been a joke, but this is actually a pretty good point. It’s pretty much worthy of its own discussion thread.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Sex…….you know its true…

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

There is a giant conspiracy which the populous must be made aware of. There are no dragon corrupted skritt. Yet there are skritt everywhere there are dragons, always searching for “shinies”.

The post might have been a joke, but this is actually a pretty good point. It’s pretty much worthy of its own discussion thread.

Probably about the dragon legends that say that dragons hoard gold and diamonds to make their own beds.

Or it’s about dragons eating them, or for their young, I dunno.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

It will probably be related to “Sclerite” in some form.

actually thats a good underrated point

I mean – it is not like he’ve got sclerite weapon sets in the similar tiem as we got more detailed karkas and as far as we know karka were migrating her as one of species being driven off by deep sea dragon….

and when you look at it… it could resemble some tentaclish underwater beings….

I would have never thought of that….

[what if karkas were meant as spearhead for deep sea dragon atack with ancient karka beign it’s champion? with invasion halted by death of the champion? O.o]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

There are no dragon corrupted skritt. Yet there are skritt everywhere there are dragons

YES I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Any of you know the Nezumi from legend of the five ring? I always found totally natural for skritt to be inmune to corruption…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Silence. Silence must fall when the question is asked…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Probably about the dragon legends that say that dragons hoard gold and diamonds to make their own beds.

That’s not the part I thought was significant. The significant part is that there are no skritt that have been converted into minions, despite being in almost literally every part of the world. The only zone I can think of with absolutely no skritt is Orr. And yet, while there are Risen humans, Risen charr, Risen asura and Risen norn, even Risen hyleks and quaggan, there are no Risen skritt. Whether this is an indication of something or not, this is an odd quirk about the pesky race.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

It’s actually Poobadoo. He’s been hiding in plain sight, walking around Kessex Hills (why do you think the area always gets the short end of the stick?) and licking people’s faces just to build up an appetite.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

YES!

Bubbles Who?
Bubbles Who?
Bubbles Whoooooooo?

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Starts with S?
Clearly, his name is Seapony

SHOO BE DOO, SHOO SHOO BE DOO

Bring. Back. Monthlies.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

The sea dragon’s name is Serendipity

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I really want underwater areas to explore. I know other games and people have mentioned problems with underwater zones for years now. Frankly, I don’t care. I’d like to see something, anything. The underwater zones of GW2 are by far the most beautiful I’ve seen in any MMO, and if they can make it work, it would be amazing to get something to explore, if nothing else. The tease of Bubble’s real name gives me a teeny, tiny bit of hope. Mordremoth’s design was freakin’ amazing. The threat of Bubbles and its link to the karka, Largos, etc. are so tantalizing.

It is odd that Taimi would know the name of the dragon, unless the Asura have knowledge that we haven’t seen previously. In either case it’s going to be something unique like the other names have been.

Although Steve the Dragon is cute, lol

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: lordraviinheart.3276

lordraviinheart.3276

Master Stoorworm was a huge serpent, who came to the shore by a town. He ate much, and each morning, he would yawn seven times. On the seventh time, his mouth would open up and his tongue would reach out and grab seven things from the town – people, cattle, and so forth. 1

King Herald called a meeting to decide what was to be done about Master Stoorworm. Some wanted to appease the beast, most commonly by feeding him seven fair maidens. But the king did not want to sacrifice his people; rather, he wanted Stoorworm dead. So, he promised that anyone who could slay Stoorworm his daughter’s hand in marriage and obtain his famous sword. Thirty-six warriors answered the call, but they were all scared away by the serpent’s breath alone. Disheartened, the king ordered for his boat to be prepared, for he would sooner go into battle than sacrifice one of his people. 1

It is also important to note that in this town, a young, small boy named Jamie (though other versions call him Assipattle) lived. Though he was small, he was courageous. The night when the thirty-six warriors were scared away, he planned his venture out. That night, he snuck out of his home and took an iron pot and a peat with him. He went to the docks, where the king’s boat was prepared, and duped the guard into moving away from his post. With that, Jamie stole the ship and paddled out, and he waited for Master Stoorworm to wake up. 1

When Master Stoorworm yawned the first time, Jamie was swept inside of the creature’s body along with much water. Jamie continued to paddle down into the creature’s body until he reached the liver. Using the peat, he managed to set the liver on fire. As Master Stoorworm writhed in pain, Jamie paddled out the way he came in. 1

Master Stoorworm struggled. As he struggled, pieces of his body fell. The first time, some of his teeth fell and created the Orkney Islands. The second time, more of his teeth fell, creating the Shetland Islands. On the third time, the rest of his teeth fell out, creating the Faroe Islands. After he died, his body crumpled up and collapsed into a lump, which became Iceland.

http://www.blackdrago.com/fame/stoorworm.htm

Clietarayiin – Guild Leader of Extreme Agony
Sanctum of Rall Server

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Tequatl’s sea turtle sister Squirtl.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

XD NICE!!!

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: blockheadsix.9213

blockheadsix.9213

Steve, maybe? lol

Aetharionas

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Hayden.2091

Hayden.2091

Someone here mentioned something about that the people/nations/cultures should be giving names to the elder dragons. So if we put it that way .. Deep sea dragon is probably somewhere from Cantha .. so I think they will give it some kind of Assian (japanese/chinesse) name ..

Shu?lóng – chinesse
Suir? – japanese

Makes sense tho

— S

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Someone here mentioned something about that the people/nations/cultures should be giving names to the elder dragons. So if we put it that way .. Deep sea dragon is probably somewhere from Cantha .. so I think they will give it some kind of Assian (japanese/chinesse) name ..

Shu?lóng – chinesse
Suir? – japanese

Makes sense tho

— S

Its not in Cantha, though, It’s west of Kryta. But Zhu Hanuku in Cantha might be its champion (would be cool, since S?‘s domain is fear/horror and Zhu Hanuku was a mesmer (Plus zhu Hanuku was so strong a clan couldn’t couldnt kill it, only tame it every year. And that was while it was weak from the jade wind

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m going to vote for Secil the Seasick Sea Serpent as the most logical choice for the underwater dragon’s name. The logo for the expansion could be a Serpent with the letter S on its chest as shown below. In addition, the gem store could sell outfits with capes and the expansion logo of S to help fund it.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Steve Job……………………….

Then people say macs are not for gamers …..

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Calling it now. Scleratia. Scleratia shall be the Deep Sea Dragon’s name!

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Deep Sea Dragon's name

in Living World

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I hope when the seadragon is revealed, underwater exploration will be fixed/ improved and expanded upon. It would be cliché for it to come onto land and a terrible let down with the obvious potential.