Destines Edge 2.0 New Addition

in Living World

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

Small request, please add Rytlock to the 2.0 version, All the lovey dovey ooo mind the leg kitten is starting to drive me mad, and if i hear one more hiccup I might just gut her myself.

I want to here more “Ill Gut you” – “You’re son is dead along with your nation” in his wonderful char like voice. If not Rytlock then add some one similar, A warrior, not the young lovebirds or mothering Charr we have come to know.

in Living World

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

I do agree all the new destiny edge characters feel like someones doll house fantasy friends. Even Brahm..

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Well Jory is sort of crazy and ruthless, by far my favorite. Her response to Scarlet asking if she’s going to arrest her, “ya something like that” while drawing her dagger was fantastic.

But anyway, it could be setting up character growth. The group is incredibly young age wise, and most of them haven’t been through that much yet. Even if Anet didn’t write any character growth at all, you’ve got to imagine the voice actors wanting to change their characters after they’ve seen some kitten. And on that note it may not be coincidence that Jory is the toughest by far when she’s had the roughest life of them all.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I agree that the group needs more conflict amongst themselves. They don’t have to be full-on dysfunctional but isn’t it about time Brahm got into an argument with Rox over being over-protective?

in Living World

Posted by: infynity.5284

infynity.5284

I agree that the group needs more conflict amongst themselves. They don’t have to be full-on dysfunctional but isn’t it about time Brahm got into an argument with Rox over being over-protective?

then he would just have to apologise because Rox was only being nice and Bram wont turn into an a-kitten-hole overnight.

Taimi is good the way she is, Anet needs to spend more money on recording story dialog and less on Kas and Maj’s romantic slop (lgbs rights is the in thing, we get it. Kill one off to make the story interesting or stop please)

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

We had that with the original Destiny’s Edge, and it was annoying.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I would argue that wouldn’t be enough. The overall tone, right down to the core values of the group, is too similar. Even the very easy to believe, difficult to dismiss racial prejudice between charr and humans was thrown out the window with Kasmeer, Marjory and Rox. The Camdens from 7th Heaven (a soppy family drama that took on contemporary moral issues in the 90s and 00s from a Christian and famliy values perspective, usually ending with feel good fuzzies, love and justice * Sailor Moon pose *) had more conflict than the biconics.

Maybe Destiny’s Edge relied too much on monotone internal drama, but the biconics have gone the other direction with the “we are a loving supporting family, each one of us is beautiful no matter what the world says, boo prejudice lets all drink milk at a bar” * Sailor Moon pose.. in a wheel chair because yay representation *. All jokes aside, having softer characters that can be feminine and strong, that don’t approach everything filled with testosterone and explosions, that can love each other etc, all of that is good, but I feel like the biconics are all in that same basket. Sure you won’t see Rox care about her “dress” as much as Kasmeer and Braham can be aggressive when protecting someone, but the entire group is motivated by love… except Taimi (kinda, she differs from most asura in that she willingly and actively chases out the company of non-asura). When you have charr rejecting warbands, norn not prioritising their legends and asura not condescending everyone, calling them bookahs and talking about cuteness, you’ve lost a lot of the edge those races had.

They have moments of aggression, brutishness, ruthlessness, but not one of them frequently displays or represents that, not even the norn, charr or asura. Any moments where it does pop up (Marjory’s ruthless demeaner in the Breachmaker) is washed away by an Tequatl Wave of ‘feels’ (every other moment in the history of these characters ever). Small moments or changes won’t be enough, it’d be like trying to make a member of the Tea Party appealing to someone on the far left.

It was annoying in excess. It solely defined the groups presence in the game (they were iconic of their races and typical traits of those races, but their group dynamic was all about the angst). Had Desinty’s Edge been explored in-game at a different point in time (say, when the group formed during the novel) we would have seen them as a functional team. Arguably we can still have that if they return (after their reunion in Arah). I personally find the general tone of the biconics to be annoying. It’d be nice to see some lasting conflict in the group and a general evolution away from bright eyed, naive love warriors. Racial conflict, philosophically different characters (not a monotone theme of “family is important”), moral complexity – these things are healthy. Snaff’s death resulting in a break up was good, almost 80 levels of dealing with that fall out (and very little else) was bad.

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I would argue that wouldn’t be enough. The overall tone, right down to the core values of the group, is too similar. Even the very easy to believe, difficult to dismiss racial prejudice between charr and humans was thrown out the window with Kasmeer, Marjory and Rox. The Camdens from 7th Heaven (a soppy family drama that took on contemporary moral issues in the 90s and 00s from a Christian and famliy values perspective, usually ending with feel good fuzzies, love and justice * Sailor Moon pose *) had more conflict than the biconics.

Maybe Destiny’s Edge relied too much on monotone internal drama, but the biconics have gone the other direction with the “we are a loving supporting family, each one of us is beautiful no matter what the world says, boo prejudice lets all drink milk at a bar” * Sailor Moon pose.. in a wheel chair because yay representation *. All jokes aside, having softer characters that can be feminine and strong, that don’t approach everything filled with testosterone and explosions, that can love each other etc, all of that is good, but I feel like the biconics are all in that same basket. Sure you won’t see Rox care about her “dress” as much as Kasmeer and Braham can be aggressive when protecting someone, but the entire group is motivated by love… except Taimi (kinda, she differs from most asura in that she willingly and actively chases out the company of non-asura). When you have charr rejecting warbands, norn not prioritising their legends and asura not condescending everyone, calling them bookahs and talking about cuteness, you’ve lost a lot of the edge those races had.

They have moments of aggression, brutishness, ruthlessness, but not one of them frequently displays or represents that, not even the norn, charr or asura. Any moments where it does pop up (Marjory’s ruthless demeaner in the Breachmaker) is washed away by an Tequatl Wave of ‘feels’ (every other moment in the history of these characters ever). Small moments or changes won’t be enough, it’d be like trying to make a member of the Tea Party appealing to someone on the far left.

It was annoying in excess. It solely defined the groups presence in the game (they were iconic of their races and typical traits of those races, but their group dynamic was all about the angst). Had Desinty’s Edge been explored in-game at a different point in time (say, when the group formed during the novel) we would have seen them as a functional team. Arguably we can still have that if they return (after their reunion in Arah). I personally find the general tone of the biconics to be annoying. It’d be nice to see some lasting conflict in the group and a general evolution away from bright eyed, naive love warriors. Racial conflict, philosophically different characters (not a monotone theme of “family is important”), moral complexity – these things are healthy. Snaff’s death resulting in a break up was good, almost 80 levels of dealing with that fall out (and very little else) was bad.

Give season 2 some time. We’re already seeing Taimi reaching to potentially dangerous levels of curiosity, which could cause a conflict of opinions between Braham and Rox. Belinda’s death seems primed to drive a wedge between Marjory and Kasmeer. We got in scarlet’s go-crazy machine and might start seeing others view us with a more suspicious eye. If the first dragon story was any indication, things will probably get a lot worse before they get better. If anything this has the potential to be a more effective story because we were there for the formation of this new band, any may be much more directly responsible for helping them work through dark times.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7062

characters i might want to see is a male charr sent off to ‘check’ on rox
i know if she chose not to be in the warband charr would typically Kill her or just not care about her.. But we are talking about rytlock and he’s no fool {i’m assuming, i actually don’t follow his character too much} but he has sent rox to charr/human peace talks And he does seem to have his own personal interest in the Dragon investigations (he had first hand presence at a ‘thumper’ analysis.. it was in bloodtide coast, i think a lot of people missed it}
i would also maybe want to see an inquest conflicted with what they do.. i love the inquest, they don’t need any goofy motive to be doing evil.. they simply do what they do, But it would be nice to have this sometime during the storyline.. anti-hero potential

that’s from another thread.. all i know is the living story guild needs to stop their irrelevant sailor moon poses.. they’ve got to be much edgier than that

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Daphne and Velma need to adopt Scooby Doo into the gang.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.