Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough

in Living World

Posted by: jsmith.6458

jsmith.6458

Bugged for me also. Very first time doing Living World Season 2.
Followed from the start of chapter 1 in order, then got the this stage.
Didn’t do anything weird, killed the inquest.
Last console, see bright light which kills everything, then it comes back and the npc’s don’t move.
I then go to the far end and jump off high ledge killing myself.
It then re-spawns me at first checkpoint with cut-scene.
So is the bug that it resets itself and can’t progress?

Edit: first time I secured the third console, I killed everything quick. I noticed the bar went 100%, this is when the event stuck.
Second run through, I took my time. This time the event completed OK, but the bar was only 90%.

(edited by jsmith.6458)

in Living World

Posted by: chaoscauser.3194

chaoscauser.3194

Bugged for me also playing through it again does not interest me…….

in Living World

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

After a year…

This is still broken.

Trying to complete it without using any of Scarlet’s devices for the achievement, and It’s stuck at the same place as everyone else’s. Fix it already.

in Living World

Posted by: odanu.3409

odanu.3409

I think I’ve figured it out. On the third console, after defeating the mobs, when it says “discuss with your friends” DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TALK TO THEM. They will start talking amongst themselves. Just to be safe, I didn’t even move when they were talking, and it let me right on through. I think if you attempt to talk to them, it bugs the conversation, so the text is misleading. It should say “listen to your friends discuss the situation”.

in Living World

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

Still bugged. I have been back after a long break paid for the expansion and paid gems for this season 2 and stuck. Sad you guys are still the same.

in Living World

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

Ok after the third time it worked. You cannot try to talk to anyone after the third console.

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

I think I’ve figured it out. On the third console, after defeating the mobs, when it says “discuss with your friends” DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TALK TO THEM. They will start talking amongst themselves. Just to be safe, I didn’t even move when they were talking, and it let me right on through. I think if you attempt to talk to them, it bugs the conversation, so the text is misleading. It should say “listen to your friends discuss the situation”.

I’ll take this information (along with raenen’s post) and include it in the bug and/or internal documentation we’ve got on this.

in Living World

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I’m having this bug. It’s the second time it’s happened to me. Once, several weeks ago I was doing the story on another character and it got hung up on “Discuss what to do next with your friends.” and I had to redo the whole thing.

Now I’m redoing it for Nomad’s trinkets and it’s happened again. I didn’t talk to anyone, though. I just stood and waited as the last of the inquest died and the laser defense went off. Talked in gchat a bit. Noticed nothing was happening. Talked to everyone. Nothing. Ran all over the instance. Still nothing.

I’m here for the No Tricks achievement, so I didn’t use the previous two consoles, which made the instance take longer than it normally would, and I’m really not eager to relog just to redo all of that all over again. It’s already a tremendous hassle having to replay the same instances 2-4 times each for some achievements. After scrambling up Zephyr’s Ascent and missing the hay bale a few times this was supposed to be the easy achievement on my list but it looks like I’m slowly hacking through a crowd of inquest that spam chill grenades with huge AoEs yet again.

Whoever designs achievements at ANet needs to check out the Extra Credits video on Challenging Content vs Punishing Content. Because GW2 tends to confuse the two a lot and punish the player over and over in the name of “challenging” the player.

https://youtu.be/ea6UuRTjkKs

in Living World

Posted by: Yves.9864

Yves.9864

Yeah i am having this error. It will “complete” and discuss what to do next with your friends will come up but they never start talking and the progress bar that is greyed out and checked doesn’t actually look completed, maybe 95%.

in Living World

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Still bugged after 1 year? I’m stuck on this as well

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Living World

Posted by: Westtrmb.6039

Westtrmb.6039

Ran into this bug tonight. Surprised this is still an issue. Very frustrating.

in Living World

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I tried a few times and eventually it worked. Just keep trying I guess.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Living World

Posted by: geekgirlonezeroone.1793

geekgirlonezeroone.1793

Same bug issue, just letting the npcs talk amongst themselves and not interacting with them doesn’t do anything as they just arrive in a circle and stand there.

So far I’ve not interacted with the npcs at all and did everything the quest told me to except using the consoles. Both times I attempted this solo I went to the inquest on the other side of the water. At the end of the event the bright light appears but there’s no npc conversation.

3rd attempt I tried the inquest on the same side as the consoles but it looked like those inquest didn’t count as I killed way more than 25 and didn’t get any progress until I killed 25+ on the other side of the water. This time the npcs started talking at the end as the bright light appeared and I was able to finish the quest. Might have something to do with being able to complete the quest?

Being a mesmer at a jumping puzzle has a lot of oops and downs.

(edited by geekgirlonezeroone.1793)

in Living World

Posted by: Silkie.1579

Silkie.1579

Same bug for me. They just stand there and you can’t progress. And this bug has been around for how long now? It was such a waste of my time.

Btw, someone mentioned before and that’s also not fixed, going back and getting into the golem at console 2.. no way to get out and you’re stuck that way. :/

in Living World

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

Still bugged! We knew it was bugged before, but figured you guys would have fixed it by now… nope.
/confused

Guess it’s either really complicated or really unimportant.

in Living World

Posted by: Tubsy.4381

Tubsy.4381

And I experienced this bug as well today… 2 times in a row at the third console… Might be a good idea to fix this?

in Living World

Posted by: dvergr.7806

dvergr.7806

This bug happened to me just now. I had to redo the instance but this time I did not skip the 2 mini cut scenes. That’s all I did differently and I got through. This might not be related at all, obviously.

The next person to post about this bug please advise if you skipped the little cut-scenes, please.

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

We included a scripting fix for this issue with yesterday’s build. Please let us know if you’re still experiencing problems with this particular story step. Thanks!

in Living World

Posted by: Zalac.5971

Zalac.5971

I just tried playing the mission for achievements just now and I got the bug. They all just stood there, in silence.

in Living World

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Weird, I did the achievements earlier without any problems. Aside from the purple stars not showing up on my map for where to go for each part like they did for the first chapter.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

in Living World

Posted by: Alee.4385

Alee.4385

Still bugged, and so am I!

in Living World

Posted by: Shaythulhu.4386

Shaythulhu.4386

Just started this story a few minutes ago through all the steps (first time doing this story) and I’m also having the same issue. Everyone is standing there and not initiating conversation for “Find out what your friends think you should do next” portion.

Edit: After waiting a while in hopes they would talk, I decided to restart the story mission over. That time the conversation happened instantly.

(edited by Shaythulhu.4386)

in Living World

Posted by: davestew.1068

davestew.1068

I had the same problem with Scarlet’s Breakthrough at the end they did not speak so I left the instance and went again but this time I put on the suit (which I didn’t do last time) and the instance played out ok. Hope this helps.

in Living World

Posted by: Rapta.1452

Rapta.1452

This bug is still alive and well. A year later, more and more of the paywalled LS2 content breaks, and yet the gem store promotions roll on.

Shameful.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

This bug re-occurs at random, it seems. I had to restart too in order to be able to proceed with the mission.

Now I am stuck here (and so are many people on my friends list): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Meeting-the-Asura-Merged/page/5#post6050822

Great… How badly must the game be coded for it to get bugged everytime they apply changes (i.e., patches) to it?? Each part of the game should have separate code sections that don’t entwine. I am playing actively only since last December and have encountered so many story mission bugs already that I stopped counting at some point. It’s ridiculous.

in Living World

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

So…as crazy as it might sound after all this time, this is STILL bugged? Time to try restarting…

in Living World

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

I bump this since it has not been fixed, sadly.

“Secure the third console” fully filled up, all Inquest were killed. The postprocessing effect of activating this killer weapon happens, but Kasmeer does NOT say “It’s beautiful” while it happens, and then the story is stuck there.
Then the step “Find out what your friends think you should do next” becomes active, but no green stars appears over any head, and talking to them reveals dialog fitting to inquest still being attacking. They just stand around now.

If you need further details (though there’s really nothing special or obvious), just throw a kitten at me.

S. first Screenshot in attachment.

It worked on a second attempt.

Anyway, when you’re at it (though probably a completely different thing); one model there is far too up and looks bad (s. second image).

Attachments:

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

in Living World

Posted by: Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

I still have the same issue today. Problem seems to be exact to what everyone else is describing.

in Living World

Posted by: macker.9137

macker.9137

Just ran this mission again and the bug is still there Got to the end and the npc’s just stand there doing nothing. Talking to them does nothing. Leaving them there for a while and still nothing.

in Living World

Posted by: Pantherattack.4528

Pantherattack.4528

First time doing this story mode hit the same problem thats been reported for the last 2 years, flash of light then talk to team mates but they not intrested in talking.

in Living World

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before posting. Commenting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necroposting and is against forum rules. This thread will now be locked. Thank you.