Do away with zerg ball living story please!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

Stop with the living story where you have to be in a zerg to do it. In a couple of days we wont have anybody doing it and most wont get their achievements, gear or whatever you are getting. If you want to put stuff in that needs communication you should put a Voip in your game and not suppress people trying to explain it.

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Yeah the rewards for marinette is underwhelming, will pass on doing it when the AP charts are filled. Which will suck for anyone coming in for next week.

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’ll just get the meta and that’s all… I’m only interested in lore at this point, marionette’s a laggy zergball despite how “epic” it may look but I must confess that ArenaNet is slowly getting there when it comes to open world real challenges (at least the zergs are a bit more well-split).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I’ll just get the meta and that’s all… I’m only interested in lore at this point, marionette’s a laggy zergball despite how “epic” it may look but I must confess that ArenaNet is slowly getting there when it comes to open world real challenges (at least the zergs are a bit more well-split).

Yep! All those cool glittery effects and animations are a nightmare of video spam at these “zerg” events. Great with 5 participants or less, really terrible in a zerg. Anet has a problem that the use all that crap to telegraph “1-shots” so you can “dodge”. The basic game mechanic is not really suited for large zergs…. They did a fair job with the tower fights, and the marionette thing works if you basically just push the “1” button, but the worms are an unplayable mess just like Teq. Spoon

in Living World

Valento.9852

Yep! All those cool glittery effects and animations are a nightmare of video spam at these “zerg” events. Great with 5 participants or less, really terrible in a zerg. Anet has a problem that the use all that crap to telegraph “1-shots” so you can “dodge”. The basic game mechanic is not really suited for large zergs…. They did a fair job with the tower fights, and the marionette thing works if you basically just push the “1” button, but the worms are an unplayable mess just like Teq. Spoon

These NEW telegraph marks on the floor reminds me ALOT of Wildstar telegraphs. #justsaying

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

These NEW telegraph marks on the floor reminds me ALOT of Wildstar telegraphs. #justsaying

I think the telegraphs are great and a first step in the direction of what might be proper endgame content.

in Living World

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

I think the telegraphs are great and a first step in the direction of what might be proper endgame content.

Taking a leaf out of WildStar’s book on those telegraphs clearly. WS seem to have a lot of good ideas… both Carbine and Arenanet are with NCsoft.. cough in-house sharing please.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I for one am tired of the laggy zerg ridden gameplay that comes with much of the living story. It would be great to have some small group events for a change but considering the next few updates are to do with Scarlet we are nearly guaranteed to get zerg events.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Valento.9852

I for one am tired of the laggy zerg ridden gameplay that comes with much of the living story. It would be great to have some small group events for a change but considering the next few updates are to do with Scarlet we are nearly guaranteed to get zerg events.

Unfortunately, but I won’t complain about anything, I’ll just enjoy the lore and take a break from expectatives about challenges. I suggest you all to do that… I’ve enjoyed A LOT this patch’s story-telling.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Chay.4512

Chay.4512

Got to say anything where I go in play for 2 minutes, then suddenly am unable to do anything but stand around watching others play is not fun. Why bother?

in Living World

Posted by: Ruin.1927

Ruin.1927

Yeah the rewards for marinette is underwhelming, will pass on doing it when the AP charts are filled. Which will suck for anyone coming in for next week.

aren’t you able to open the chests in Scarlet’s room multiple times as long as you have the cypher for the chest? I was able to open like 10 chests when i got in the room.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Question: Do the various Zealot recipes also come from those chests in the Lair? Or do they only drop from the Marionette chest?

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Question: Do the various Zealot recipes also come from those chests in the Lair? Or do they only drop from the Marionette chest?

Haven’t farmed enough fragments to find out yet. :P

Which I’ll probably be doing.

The new telegraphs seems worse than the old at least in terms of timing but at least they can handle shapes other than circles!

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Have to give a +1 to this. I like challange as much as the next player, and i dont like skill#1 spamming sleepfests…But this is a bit over the top. SCALING is still an issue. As well as the lack of effective ingame communication these kinds of content demand. Or at least more options for commanders. Anything!

Open world raid events like these need organization. But that cannot be done properly while any lucky random can get in, possibly mess things up somehow, but in the very least take a spot from the original server, forcing someone more capable into an overflow.

Right now im seriously considering to leave my dead RP guild for good (btw thanks for the salma district walling you did and forgot to address for a year Anet) and look for a random zergfest guild that i can actually try to enjoy living story content with.

in Living World

Valento.9852

Got a [Keeper’s Zealot Inscription] recipe from a chest in her lair. (mind you it was the Watchwork Chest, but I think chances are all equal)

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer