"DO NOT TOUCH" pillars across Tyria

in Living World

Posted by: Slayermarine.5764

Slayermarine.5764

Not sure if this already has been mentioned, and if so then i’m sorry for this post (And hopefully this is the right section to put this in).

Anyway I stumbled upon this weird object. When you touch it (I’ve been very naughty) you get knocked back and that’s pretty much it. What do you guys think this is?

Edit: Just noticed multiple people reporting them in multiple areas, my bad for making another threat about this.

Attachments:

(edited by Slayermarine.5764)

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A totally wild guess, but: I think Scarlet may be behind this.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I think that’s a pretty good guess.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just pointing this out, but is this the first time living world content appeared in Orr? Assuming this is LW of course. Something big is happening for the devs to touch the forsaken level 80 zones again.

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I think that’s a pretty good guess.

And when we get to the “final battle” with her in the next installment of dross. We will get another cut scene of her making inane commentary and walking away, while we, of course, make no attempt to actually stop her. Cause…. reasons.

in Living World

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

Saw one outside of Skradden Slopes in SW Snowden Drifts as well.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Nothing to fuss about. It’s simply a thumper for Scarletworms.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

scarlet …return …

pff…

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Living World

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Probably has to do with leylines (there was a bit of text during the new story content about those). They’re likely magic extractors.

in Living World

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nothing to fuss about. It’s simply a thumper for Scarletworms.

I swear to god if I have to deal with giant wurms with Scarlet’s head shouting “die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die!” I will just plain quit right there.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Living World

Posted by: matoxx.7023

matoxx.7023

Saw one outside of Skradden Slopes in SW Snowden Drifts as well.

What game is this?

in Living World

Posted by: irishwalrus.5162

irishwalrus.5162

Interesting. Its in Orr that could be a big deal.

Groknar Ironcrack- The Emperor

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Obviously Scarlet pumping up Dragon magic from the earth. She’s going to create the Dragon Magic Alliance or whatever.

in Living World

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

MC Hammer is 6th elder dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Someone should make a map of where all of these are. I bet there’s a clue in their locations.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Slayermarine.5764

Slayermarine.5764

Maybe Scarlet is drilling for oil all over Tyria to keep her mechanical army up and running, making sure the joints don’t squeak? Armies needs to be maintenanced properly afterall

in Living World

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

I was interested in this as well. Are they actually in a pattern or just randomized. Thursday I might look more into it since I will be taking a bit of a break from WvW.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

in Living World

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i saw that also in straits of devastation! wondering if our mystery person is in on it with scarlet?

in Living World

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Yeah I just found one myself in bloodtide coast!

I touched it…..

Attachments:

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Isn’t it obvious already?

Tyria really isn’t a land, its a dream world within Scarlet’s mind enhanced via inquest dream pumping ley lines. She’s still stuck in the machine! Each of these towers is a key ley-line conductor point of Scarlet’s cerebral cortex, you really aren’t real, your just a pawn in an illusive dream.

Look left, now right, now look into the mirror that just appeared before you. You were Scarlet this entire time!

Smash the towers Scarlet! smash them to end this insidious nightmare!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

I just HAD to touch it !! And when the message “WHAT PART OF DO NOT TOUCH WAS UNCLEAR ?” My friend which was standing behind me said : " The do not part" XD

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Ring.6928

Ring.6928

Right outside of LA in Bloodtide, near the whispers place.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: MasterOfMistakes.2089

MasterOfMistakes.2089

My friends showed this to me 2 days ago, looks like there gonna be everywhere.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’ve not yet seen them in the Steppes… (halfway the area now, still missing the top part, slowly working my way there, while trying to not get too much underleveled for the area :P)

in Living World

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

Found one in Plains of Ashford, slightly NW of the wall.

And yes, I touched it. =P

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

They look magitech-esque. Considering that we’ve learned from the Thaumanova explosion concerning Scarlet finding out about magical lay lines across Tyria, maybe she is now using these devices to harness magic / dragon energy / whatever…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Obviously Scarlet pumping up Dragon magic from the earth. She’s going to create the Dragon Magic Alliance or whatever.

She’s going to use Polymerization on the remaining five dragons and create the Five Headed Dragon and become the Dragon Master Knight. DUH

Hold on, I gotta find my Exodia’s left sock…

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

mmm, i get a tesla coil vibe from it.
let’s see how my tesla handles it.

in Living World

Posted by: Benotheus.1568

Benotheus.1568

There is a Guy, Odesan, he posted this in a comment on guildnews.de:
!https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7129/zusammen.jpg!

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

So, will the final battle be at the Heart of the Shiverpeaks? /ponder

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

Hmmm, if this is truth and all lines meet in Heart of the Shiverpeaks…we are coming back to Hammer of the Great Dwarf and Ogden story. Look what is inside HoS in GW1 or maby it is time for…Primordius who was not far from HoS

Attachments:

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

in Living World

Posted by: Blaise Verridor.3721

Blaise Verridor.3721

The devises may be on the magical veins, but I don’t think they all lead to elder dragon resting areas.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

There is a Guy, Odesan, he posted this in a comment on guildnews.de:
!https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7129/zusammen.jpg!

I notice he ignores the “DO NOT TOUCH” stations that do not fit his theory. Lousy proof. Please come back when you have a map that includes all the stations.

Why do all these maps ignore the fact that there are three of these stations in Sparkfly Fen?

in Living World

Posted by: Path.5247

Path.5247

Noticed one of those towers in Malchor’s Leap and Southsun Cove. I started to think about some sort of terraforming event set in motion by the Inquest (maybe).

in Living World

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Lots of interesting theories. I really like the HoS idea, it is clearly painted on that map. I’m beginning to think that our community has more creativity!

It will be really something if it is actually something that cool and interesting. Considering the direction that Anet has taken so far, these towers are probably not that creatively intentional, Just another thing to have Scarlet meddling in across Tyria with no real point. That is my bet on what they are, just another sidestep of the Scarlet story that leads to more disappointment of a neat opportunity lost.

I hope I’m wrong and that it leads to something more exciting!

in Living World

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

If anyone is interested, I made a comparison screenshot

Attachments:

in Living World

GarthDreamWalker.7806

as part of the conversation over at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Lore-Scarlet-and-the-Reactor-It-fits I believe I have found the rest of them along with the help from Soneilon and Treelines maps.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Found one in Plains of Ashford, slightly NW of the wall.

And yes, I touched it. =P

It probably has nothing to do with anything but….

In the Gendarran Fields, near the center of the triangle formed by the three stations, is the original portal device from Scarlet that we had to examine back in August.

Why are you showing a screenshot of the Diessa Plateau?

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

in Living World

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

as part of the conversation over at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Lore-Scarlet-and-the-Reactor-It-fits I believe I have found the rest of them along with the help from Soneilon and Treelines maps.

What about the ones in WvW?

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

So we’ve got all. Rly good job, Tommorow we ll see what happen next week, but i love theorycrafting, so Thumper turret, what we know: large bulb attracting flies and that thing hitting ground. What if Scarlet searching another ally. We have tons of tunnels uder the Tyria made by Dredge and according to the wiki only the Dredge remain underground, though their mines remain close to the surface where all Destroyers and Primordius are.
Id like to see LS more GW2 books style, i hope its not plain again :/

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in Living World

GarthDreamWalker.7806

The ones in wvw…i think are the same on all 3 maps. I made the map for the green one, but I seen the one north of the camp and the one west of the garrison on another map as well. As far as I know I havent seen one in EB, but I haven’t really looked for them there.
The locations are the black spots. West of Garri from west exit. North of NE camp and S.E. of Hills area on a cliff.

Theory crafting not sure. It seems for convenience the locations are in low event areas where you can WP easily too with a bit of a run. Some of them are mostly in triangles the long maps alter it a bit. But if you connect the dots you could easily try and make something of it such as the ley line ideas. All with the same general idea of Soleilons first map. Which would both come out of T. Reactor and The Grove due to the Pale Tree (almost diagonal from each other). Also 3 of them are right outside of all the Orders HQ doorsteps. From what I gather it seems Scarlet wants to change how the reality of life… so perhaps she is messing with the time,space,magic. Not everything is as it appears. Since it sounds like this would effect the Pale Tree and Sylvari in particular. Underground we also have the dwarves…? Thumpers to crack ley lines or fault lines in Tyrias surface. The only odd line that didnt make much sense as compared to the others was the one in Frostgorge. I expected that to be more scattered instead of a straight line. Maybe Scarlett likes the Koda..

Attachments:

(edited by GarthDreamWalker.7806)

in Living World

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Not sure if this already has been mentioned, and if so then i’m sorry for this post (And hopefully this is the right section to put this in).

Anyway I stumbled upon this weird object. When you touch it (I’ve been very naughty) you get knocked back and that’s pretty much it. What do you guys think this is?

Edit: Just noticed multiple people reporting them in multiple areas, my bad for making another threat about this.

If you touch it 10-20 times, you die and get an amusing message.
(Spotted in Blazeridge Steppes)

Also, I stumbled upon this little bit elsewhere, regarding the Thaumanova Reactor: “We learn that the facility was initially intended to study chaos magic but the Inquest pushed the direction of the facility towards dragon magic. The Inquest learned that there was a link between the Elder Dragon energy and chaos energy. They concluded that the chaos energy and dragon magic may have a link or even be the same. They also concluded that this magical energy follows a course through the globe and crisscrosses at certain areas. One of these areas was the Thaumanova Reactor. So their study of the two energies at this interception of magical energy is what caused the meltdown.”

(edited by islarose.7356)

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Whats the difference between the green and red dots?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

skullmount.1758

On the far left of the map is a small, sort of hard to see key that explains what each color means. Each one corresponds to someone who contributed to creating the map and finding all the locations.

On a related note, the purple points are hard to see up close and at a distance.

Ahh, thanks. At work so I can’t really have the pic open too big or long to really look at it.

Darkhaven server

in Living World

GarthDreamWalker.7806

On the far left of the map is a small, sort of hard to see key that explains what each color means. Each one corresponds to someone who contributed to creating the map and finding all the locations.

On a related note, the purple points are hard to see up close and at a distance.

Ahh, thanks. At work so I can’t really have the pic open too big or long to really look at it.

Good point, yes,the purple is hard to see. When I get home I’ll make the contributor’s key better and make the purple to a more easily seen color. Maybe pink. Haha

in Living World

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Well next living story update is going to be Wintersday so I doubt we’ll see anything big related to these.

in Living World

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Hi all, just made a revised version of the map key and changed a color so it would stand out better against the background.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

…and for content we probably get a “kill 10 rats at each pillar”…

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m really hoping its something destroyer related. But I could live with it if it is the molten alliance again.

#ELEtism

in Living World

skullmount.1758

I’m sure it’ll be more kill 10 of this alliance at this one (at this time), kill 10 more of the second alliance, or kill 10 of the third alliance, or kill 10 more of this fourth/fifth/nth alliance that Scarlets made out of opposing factions…

Darkhaven server