"DO NOT TOUCH" pillars across Tyria

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

There’s 3 per map. Why 3? No idea. But I think that if your map is accurate, and I believe it is, then I think it disproves any sort of pattern connecting these dots. It’s just 3 for every map above level 15.

I don’t think the seeming randomness disproves a ley line pattern theory.

It’s true that the ley lines don’t appear to be laid out according to a grid, but I don’t think ley lines necessarily fall into grid patterns (all we know is that they intersect, not the regularity of spacing).

Also, even if the ley lines did fall into a grid, they are going to follow the curvature of the planet’s surface, which is going to throw a wrench into trying to visualize the pattern on a flat map. The flat map would need to be adjusted similarly to our global maps are that show latitude and longitude, for example.

Unfortunately, the closest thing I’ve seen was a map back in GW that triangulated the positions of the three continents relative to one another. IIRC, even that map discovered minor discrepancies (I think two areas overlapped), despite that it was based on what was visible in-game. Other than that, I don’t know that we have any knowledge that would allow us to recreate Tyria as a planetary whole. Therefore, making that type of adjustment to the flat map is guesswork.

It’s certainly an interesting topic.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ever thought about it not being ley lines but electrical towers that eventually connect to a base in the heart of the siverpeak.

in Living World

Posted by: Doofs.9348

Doofs.9348

I think they will be a living story chapter about the steam creatures. They have very little mention outside of their spawn zones and are said to be from another dimension and are a major threat. Plus, the “do not touch” pillars look very similar to the steam mechagate and other steam constructs

in Living World

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I think they will be a living story chapter about the steam creatures. They have very little mention outside of their spawn zones and are said to be from another dimension and are a major threat. Plus, the “do not touch” pillars look very similar to the steam mechagate and other steam constructs

I remember one of the asura stories explains them. Something about a parallel universe version of your character inventing a steamtech and building the machines to take over the world with it.

in Living World

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Hi all, just made a revised version of the map key and changed a color so it would stand out better against the background.

Thank you for compiling this information, it’s really useful to have these maps as we try to speculate on the living story.
While I completely agree with giving credit to the contributors, I do find the map harder to search with so many colors. If it’s not too much trouble, could you post another version where the thumpers are one color?

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I thought the same thing but when the aether blades or the clockworks (can’t remember which at the moment) made their appearance but scarlet was using machines to make portals that looks a lot like the ones steam creatures used and we never say a single sight they had any involvement then.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

in Living World

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

I thought the same thing but when the aether blades or the clockworks (can’t remember which at the moment) made their appearance but scarlet was using machines to make portals that looks a lot like the ones steam creatures used and we never say a single sight they had any involvement then.

Steam creatures going to determine who is naughty or nice

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Doofs.9348

Doofs.9348

I remember one of the asura stories explains them. Something about a parallel universe version of your character inventing a steamtech and building the machines to take over the world with it.

Where was this? I cant find it anywhere and I’m curious lol

in Living World

Posted by: Ecole.2349

Ecole.2349

Defiantly scarlet related. Defs. Possibly dragon related ? almost certainly. Technically anything large-scale magic related could be indirectly dragon related. What I want to know, is this; we know scarlet thought she saw the eternal alchemy laid bare, but then the pale tree says "scarlet didnt see what she thought she saw" So what the kitten did she actually see. I’m going to go ahead and call this (not the first likely) lil miss scarlet was duped by “something” that broke her little brain like a stale bread stick. She’s a pawn herself, I can’t help but get this feeling when she goes on one of her rants.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Indylord.7160

Indylord.7160

A totally wild guess, but: I think Scarlet may be behind this.

Of course it’s Scarlet.

Scarlet is God.

Scarlet is almighty.

Scarlet so obviously created the Elder Dragons by using her timey-wimey machine (she created it from non-existent technobabble) to go back in time and make giant robots.

She is smarter than everyone in Tyria. (Apparently this is true if you read the short story online.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet decided to say Scarlet Briar created the universe and all of the races.

This is one of the reasons why I left GW2; Anet treat Scarlet as this god-like figure that can never be killed. I mean, when she’s standing around, telling everyone her plot, WHY DIDN’T SOMEONE SHOOT HER IN THE FACE?!!!

in Living World

Posted by: RolandMode.2749

RolandMode.2749

What if there is nothing behind the DoNotTouch objects yet ? And the develepopers only placed it there to make us come up with assumptions, and create the new content based on / inspired by our assumptions?

It is hard to take Scarlet seriously, she is not a real (super)villain but a clown. I’d rather welcome a tougher villain with a personality like Ulgoth the Modniir:
“I’ll crush your fragile bones with a flick of my mind!"
and actually have epic battles with it in a way like the Gates Of Arah final boss, the High Orrian Wizard.

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Steam creatures going to determine who is naughty or nice

nah, its gonna be scarlet pulling a “nightmare before Christmas” or some furry green troll taking over the toy shop.

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

There is a Guy, Odesan, he posted this in a comment on guildnews.de:
!https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7129/zusammen.jpg!

I notice he ignores the “DO NOT TOUCH” stations that do not fit his theory. Lousy proof. Please come back when you have a map that includes all the stations.

Why do all these maps ignore the fact that there are three of these stations in Sparkfly Fen?

Be fair, he’s following traditional RW “ley lines” practice – pick whatever points of interest seem useful, ignore ones that don’t, draw whatever lines you want and then claim you’ve found something of profound significance…

in Living World

Posted by: Valandras.2093

Valandras.2093

I’m thinking Steam Creatures:

Attachments:

in Living World

sorudo.9054

heh, again?
/15 charrrrrrr

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

are these DO NOT TOUCH pillars the next living story thing after wintersday or something?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I didn’t mean to imply that there wasn’t a possibility they have to do with ley lines, I was referring to posts that say there is a specific pattern with the location of the Thumpers. Not saying there can’t be, but I don’t think if there is a pattern, it’ll look like this: https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7129/zusammen.jpg

The end of each one of those “magical ley lines” corresponds with the general position of one of the Elder Dragons. That’s interesting.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

“DO NOT TOUCH” pillars across Tyria … are immersion breaking, why isn’t the local wildlife going crazy or acting more aggressive? These things are making loud sounds and have lightning coming out of them.

Has anyone talked to an NPC that has acknowledged their existence?

in Living World

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

Seeing how there are exactly 3 pillars on each map it gave me impression of having something to do with triangulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation

Also, I consider notable that none of the pillars are present in starter zones (1-15 lvl).

(edited by Exit.5213)

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

“DO NOT TOUCH” pillars across Tyria … are immersion breaking, why isn’t the local wildlife going crazy or acting more aggressive? These things are making loud sounds and have lightning coming out of them.

Because the local wildlife knows better than we do? They know not to go near them. We on the other hand, are compelled to go touch them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

They’re to keep the Scarlantlions away. Half Life 3 Confirmed.

in Living World

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

The NPC point is valid. The widllife point is really not. Do all the wildlife freak out every time there is a construction site or manmade structure popping up somewhere? No. They generally just give it a wide berth until they’ve decided it’s not a danger.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

The NPC point is valid. The widllife point is really not. Do all the wildlife freak out every time there is a construction site or manmade structure popping up somewhere? No. They generally just give it a wide berth until they’ve decided it’s not a danger.

but that’s his point, it is a danger, wild life would actually go scares and the place should have no wild life in a 4 meter radius or more.

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

but that’s his point, it is a danger, wild life would actually go scares and the place should have no wild life in a 4 meter radius or more.

Perhaps you’re right instead of being more aggressive they shouldn’t go near the towers. The wildlife seems to be oblivious to it either way. Sometimes it’s the little things that count.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

They are now relabeled “Mysterious Probes” and while they still knock you away, they no longer “scold” you for touching them. Apart from that I haven’t seen any change yet.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

Let’s not go nuts. There are two points uncovered by these charts (and major props to the guys who made them, by the way):

1. There are no probes in any 1-15 zone.
2. There are three probes in every other zone.

Knowing this, I would like to point out:

1. Their locations on the map are unimportant; they are in EVERY zone. They converge in the heart of the Shiverpeaks because the heart of the Shiverpeaks is in the middle of the map.
2. The positions of the probes in each zone form a triangle, because of course they form a triangle there are three of them. They only other shape they could form is a line.

I think the real point of significance here is that they can’t be found in 1-15 zones – because they’re going to spawn monsters and we don’t want them to gank all the new kids.

Anyway, I hope this leads to Dwarves. Being Mysteriously Probed would probably give a Dwarf an unhappy thought.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Guys, it’s just Scarlet putting up big, pounding, phallic symbols all over Tyria. This is her version of graffiti on the bathroom walls.

… and you’re touching them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Mcintoch.6250

Lord Mcintoch.6250

Anyway, I hope this leads to Dwarves. Being Mysteriously Probed would probably give a Dwarf an unhappy thought.

this made me laugh so hard, thx for that

and yeah i hope for dwarfs too

“Many call me crazy, many are dead now…”

Klaww Ironflame (Desolation)

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

They seem like the thumpers in the Edge of the Mists’ desert area, the ones that pound on the ground and call a wurm up. Maybe Scarlet’s trying to annoy Primordus?

in Living World

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Have you seen the wildlife in Tyria? They are super fearless. If you even hit them once they will fight you to the death regardless of the odds or circumstances. This pillars are nothing to them.

in Living World

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Great… more LS in WvW… can’t wait for that patch when the pillars summon kitten.

in Living World

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I didn’t mean to imply that there wasn’t a possibility they have to do with ley lines, I was referring to posts that say there is a specific pattern with the location of the Thumpers. Not saying there can’t be, but I don’t think if there is a pattern, it’ll look like this: https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/7129/zusammen.jpg

So if the deep sea dragon is under southsun,does that mean that the karka are his minions :O

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

I saw one of these in a WvW map, i was sad

in Living World

sorudo.9054

So if the deep sea dragon is under southsun,does that mean that the karka are his minions :O

That map is inaccurate. That was part of my point. The Karka were fleeing from the dragon. As for as I know, Bubbles is somewhere in the Unending Ocean. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bubbles

It would be an interesting twist if they turned out to be his minions though.

looking at the type of dragon, it’s most certainly a asian themed dragon.
maybe cantha?

in Living World

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Hi all, just made a revised version of the map key and changed a color so it would stand out better against the background.

Thank you for compiling this information, it’s really useful to have these maps as we try to speculate on the living story.
While I completely agree with giving credit to the contributors, I do find the map harder to search with so many colors. If it’s not too much trouble, could you post another version where the thumpers are one color?

Why yes, yes I can. Just checked back in and seen this thread didn’t die:)

First Attachment all points one color now.
Second attachment all dots connected.
Third attachment are all the dots crudely connected by triangulation(pink) and all connected (green) which looks sort of like a rough version of this…
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/images/antigravitywg011.jpg
googled: ley line
Mostly theoretical and I missed connecting a few lines. Feel free to use the first one if you want to play around with it. Another random idea could be linked with the new constellations and stars that appear when the dragons awaken… from the Arah Joten Dungeon path. /shrug

Attachments:

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

(edited by GarthDreamWalker.7806)

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why yes, yes I can. Just checked back in and seen this thread didn’t die:)

First Attachment all points one color now.
Second attachment all dots connected.
Third attachment are all the dots crudely connected by triangulation(pink) and all connected (green) which looks sort of like a rough version of this…
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/images/antigravitywg011.jpg
googled: ley line
Mostly theoretical and I missed connecting a few lines. Feel free to use the first one if you want to play around with it. Another random idea could be linked with the new constellations and stars that appear when the dragons awaken… from the Arah Joten Dungeon path. /shrug

Anyone else see one of these things in that third pic?

(more the the smaller one in the bottom)

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…