Do we have time to get Mawdrey?

in Living World

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

My husband and I are still learning the game, and we recently started on the living story. We have been getting some of the MF ingredients for Mawdrey thrown at us by the stories we complete, so we decided to go ahead and try to get the backpiece since we don’t have an ascended one yet.

Well, we’re fairly new and we don’t know how long a living story season lasts, so we don’t know if we have time to grind out the dust/clusters/etc. needed to craft this. We play daily but aren’t serious about anything in particular, and we jump around from pvp to fractals to dungeons to living story.

So, like the title says, would we have time (at a reasonable pace) to craft Mawdrey?

Thanks.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Not much in terms of player activity is required to craft Mawdrey. Dry Top only needs to be slightly active in order to reach tier 3 so that you can buy the required recipes.

Since it’s permanent content, you still have years to craft it.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yes you still have time, as Healix points out.
To be honest it’s much easier to buy all of the ingredients rather than actually farming and crafting yourself. But if you don’t have the money/get more sense of achievement out of collecting everything then go for it!

in Living World

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Mawdrey is permanent content. As far as I know, foxfire will forever drop from cypress and ancient/orrian trees. So, all of the items you get as drops should be available indefinitely. As mentioned, you do need a mildly active drytop to get to the right tier to buy a few items. There is a guild [DTOP] that, beginning an hour after reset on friday and saturday night, runs organized T6 maps. I went with them a couple weeks ago and they hit T6 both hours they did it and I was able to spend a nice pile of geodes on some recipes and you would be able to get what you need at a cheaper geode cost.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

By the way, foxfire are rare drops from Mordrem as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya it only need a small amount of time each day to eventually craft it. Of course is heavily time gated so it will still take about a month from the moment you start doing the actual crafting.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Living World

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Ya it only need a small amount of time each day to eventually craft it. Of course is heavily time gated so it will still take about a month from the moment you start doing the actual crafting.

21 days min.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

21 days min.

Or you can buy the time-gated components. I imagine the price will only go down over time, unless they find another use for foxfire and plant food.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s actually better to do it now since the prices for the required items have bottomed out. At the time, we were paying one or two gold for the foxfire. Now, I think, they’re around 25 silver, for example.

Yes, you have plenty of time.

The only sink, a far as money, will be the items that require your crafting to be a certain level and are soulbound.

And getting crafting to its highest level will hurt your bank.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)