Do you think we might defeat SPOILER in LW

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

At the very end taimi I says primordous is active and it’s implied it will be our priority to take him down (yes Cadecus escaped and Lazarus is alive but that’s canach’s biz, at least the Cadecus part). I’m all for it honestly, not only would it be unique to defeat a dragon in LW, but primo’s death could emphasize what happens when an essential part of the cycle of magic is disrupted in a catastrophic way (mordy’s death showed dangerous changes, imagine if another dragon dies).

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Considering they have announced they are working on an expansion, I doubt it. After all, we knew about mordremoth before the expansion too, and still had LS stuff to do to get to Mordremoth before the expansion.

This seems to be following the same path. What I don’t get is, how is it that Primordus is “active.” From what I gather he was already active, just trapped underground fighting a neverending battle against the dwarves who had gone through the rite of the great dwarf.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

This seems to be following the same path. What I don’t get is, how is it that Primordus is “active.” From what I gather he was already active, just trapped underground fighting a neverending battle against the dwarves who had gone through the rite of the great dwarf.

I’m going to assume that the dragons who aren’t “active” are merely in a sort of idle-mode, kind of like how Jormag and Kralkatorrik are. They’re both awake, and still have minions, but aren’t currently in a state where they are a threat to the races at this moment. Primordus being active, however, probably means that there is a great increase in the leyline energy around him, and there’s a new surge of minions coming from his region. Of course, this is just speculation. I’m sure the first few lines of Chapter 2 will explain all of this.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Considering they have announced they are working on an expansion, I doubt it. After all, we knew about mordremoth before the expansion too, and still had LS stuff to do to get to Mordremoth before the expansion.

It means he either defeated the dwarves, or the leyline energy from Mordy is being fed to the other dragons, so he has enough power to start pushing out and fighting on multiple fronts.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I thought Primordus was still dormant, and the dwarves were busy keeping his minions in check, which is why there are so few of them that make their way to the surface.

At least that’s what I remember from EOTN. That the dwarves got stoned to prevent Primordus from rising by killing its minions, as they somehow fed it.

At the time it was unclear what that meant, but its pretty obvious they needed to deliver it magic or lava or souls or tacos or whatever, and the loosing of leyline magic short circuited that plan by delivering it a buncha magic directly.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t see any dragon fights being part of LW. I expect they’ll use LW to build up to the major portion of the dragon storylines which will then be released as expansions, pretty much like how they handled Mordremoth. LS2 handled the buildup, but then once it came time to venture into Mordremoth’s territory proper we got HoT. I expect they’ll follow that method pretty closely for future stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Personally I do not believe that we will ever defeat or even see a dragon other than in an expansion so no, I am 99.9% sure that we will not see primordus in living world season 3 (or 4 if it comes before the next expansion).

The story from this point will probably be equally split between the white mantle/ mursaat and primordus which I think is a great thing to not just be focusing on one thing for the first time I can remember.

I think that Caudecus is by far the most likely candidate for the final boss of season 3 because there is no way it will be primordus and I can’t see Lazarus dying this season either.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I thought Primordus was still dormant, and the dwarves were busy keeping his minions in check, which is why there are so few of them that make their way to the surface.

At least that’s what I remember from EOTN. That the dwarves got stoned to prevent Primordus from rising by killing its minions, as they somehow fed it.

At the time it was unclear what that meant, but its pretty obvious they needed to deliver it magic or lava or souls or tacos or whatever, and the loosing of leyline magic short circuited that plan by delivering it a buncha magic directly.

In EotN we only pushed his awakening back by 40 years or so. So by now he has been awake for around 200 years.

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My guess is that Living Story Season 3 will focus on the conflict with Lazarus, with some side steps serving as a ramp up to the next expansion, which is where we will face the next dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I think Mordy’s death gave Primo the extra juice he needed to push past the dwarves. In Season 3, I expect we will start seeing more ruptures, and probably a major change to an existing map, (like what the Tower did to Kessex Hills). It also seems likely that we will get a new map that is fully subterranean, possibly directly underneath some existing playable area(s).

We probably will not get playable tengu at all, but the DoW would make a wonderful hub for the fight against Primo once the tengu open up to an alliance.

As for the mursaat, I see them becoming a sort of thorn in the middle of the fight. They want the dragons dead, but only so they can soak up their power and live as gods. Oh, and there are other bloodstone fragments out there, so don’t think Lazarus is going to stop at just blowing up one of them. But maybe we can use one to pump up our wee Eggbert?

I should be writing.

in Living World

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

dragons are expansion content, you will never see in this game a living world season, in which we will fight at the end an elder dragon …

That was with all previous two season the cases, thats also now this tiem the case.
Living World Seasons are only the kind of “preparation story” which leads us with their finales to basically the begin of the next expansion story like basically the whole season 2 is only a preparation to Hearts of Thorns

GHoweve,r personalyl I absolutely hop,e that rinmordus isnt the next dragon we fight and that taimis words just mean, that we will see in the distant near futre more deystroyer activities with a new dragon champion appearing that is based on Primordus, because yet we have no fire based dragon champion in this game…we have only Tequatl (Zhaitan), Shatterer (Kralkatorrik), Claw (Jormag) and that was it… Mordy had no dragon like champion, his champions did we defeat right with HoT on the way, but basically is his champion Shadow of the Dragon and that we kill in LW2’s finale, but I would have found it cgood, if the Shadow of the Dragon would have had some kind of “twin” that could have been used in one HoT map as Dragon Champion Boss similar to Tequalt and co.

Primordus is yet missing all of this, because his last bigger champion was kileld already 250+ years ago by us when everything started … and I think some older vanilla maps, especially Fireheart could need some more attention by some living world content that changes the look of the map and brings us to the pount to revisit it more oftenly because of there beign now a new primordus based dragon champion to fight against that could give us somethign new to do, while waiting on it, until anet redesigned also Jormags Claw to make that one finally also more challenging and fun to fight agaisnt

its about time, that anet lifts finalyl all those mysteries aroudn the deep sea dragon…that woudl be far more interesting in my opinion right now, than to go for Priomordus, and it would give ANet with the next expansion also the right opportunity to fix finalyl the games whole underwater content at the same time, rebalsance it, add own traits to the underwater combat system ect and increase also the amount of weapons you can use underwatr to add more build diversity there… we shouldn’t jhave problems at all to wield underwater also Daggers, swords, axes, maces, scepters, shields, Foci ect. to give underwater combat same as much build diversity, as like land combat has … to make finalyl underwater ciombat same as equal and important, as like the rest of this game is.. going for the DSD woudkl be now the right time for all of this with the next expansion and its logn overdue… 4 years have passec and we still basicalyl know nothign at all about the DSD….

So dobn’t you think to, that gpoing for that one would be now far more interesting new content, than to go for primordus?? He should be as th first we discovered imo the last we slay as he is basically the most powerful of all of them, we should go agaisnt him only with having the strongest pact force in our back by getting far more the support of the other races which have put themself in the back – Largos and Tengus especially…so first when these two races have become playable and we have all of their support joining our forces, first then I think it would be the right time to go against Primordus

PS: what i also can’t understand it.. what the hell are our human gods doing all the time !!!?? There was just one Bloodstone destroyed right in front of them.. and they do nothing???
Humans/Mursaat destroying the most powerful source of magic there is in the whole world of Tyria in regard to become equal to gods and destroy the dragons, and the former gods stay silent and don’t come finally out of there long hideouts i find kind of immersion breaking and not explainable…. its about time that they show up also ind some kind of from of “presence” at least, so that we see, that they at least recognized these bad ongoings on the world and are at alert, watching over the state of Tyria with having concerns and that when needed they are doing what is needed to be done to save, what they have created from these fanatics

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Living World

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

It is still in the early stages, but I think we are beginning to build up to Lazarus as a big world boss, or new raid boss, or both!

Nothing says Primordius is the most powerful. He was just the first to wake up. Although with all the extra leyline energy flowing around, I suppose we shall see.

in Living World

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Actually, I hope either Primordus is neutralised, involving some power play from Lazarus. Either his more ‘noble’ calling is ’helping us defeat it, or he intervenes anyway to take the power when Primordus is felled, setting up HIM and his White Mantle as the big bad for the expansion. The last one focused on Sylvari…this one could focus on and flesh out the humans and all their struggles and aspects.

I really, really want these ancillary antagonists to become primary, albeit temporary, threats. Palawa Joko, Lazarus, etc. I hope the game doesn’t fall into a pattern of ‘kill dragon, plot, next dragon gets ants in its pants, plot, plot, plot, xpac, kill dragon, ad nauseum’. I don’t want to wait eight years or whatever to kill all the dragons before anything else gets major focus.

It probably won’t happen though, since Primordus’ increased activity will probably lead to the Tengu being moved to action, and out of the Dominion of Winds (for us to play ? ? ?).

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Expansion confirmed! Guild Wars 2: Heart of Fire. Cuz it’s gotta be a “Heart of” something, right?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Heart of Coal, maybe?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Heart of Coal, maybe?

We’re battling Primordius, not game economists.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

Were going to deal with Lazarus and the White mantle Season 3, Season 4 will lead to the expansion for Primordus. That seems to be the apcing they wanted to look at. 2 LW seasons, Expansion, 2 LW seasons, Expansion. That gives them the 1.5-2 year window for Expac development.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in Living World

Posted by: WannaFeel.7082

WannaFeel.7082

Isn’t that, Dwarfes turned to stone just to defeat Primo’s champion only – to delay his waking up – than vanish?
Do we have any info about them still fighting?
Primo woke up, as in events before LS3 launch, its minions were collecting magical energy in events which are quite dead now :- ( (those events builded up his strength)

PS.
Things I wonder the most. Are Elder Dragons realy biggest treat to Tyria? I think ‘no’ – overflowing magic is, where Glint’s egg born (anytime) dragon might bring balance?
Or we will stop killing Dragons and let them consume ‘us’.

(edited by WannaFeel.7082)