Don't worry scarlet will die soon

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Everybody hates scarlet and blames her for the crappy delivery of the story and sometimes crappy content in the living story, but don’t worry. There is an end sight, they have said they know when and how she will die. Hopefully this means when she dies they will try and revamp the way the living story works.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Living World

Posted by: SingerOfTheFall.3546

SingerOfTheFall.3546

they have said they know when and how she will die

Could you possibly tell us when and where have they mentioned it?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They have never actually said that she will die.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

You act as though everything will get better if she dies.

You forget the Living Story writers aren’t exactly popular right now.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Until then, knocking het down with Oil Slick in the fractals is pretty sweet. Totally destroys her ‘air’ when she gets knocked on her tushy during her stupid speech.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

Scarlet isn’t the pure reason everything is bad, she’s the target, but she’s actually keeping a rather confusing story together.

In the end, I think Scarlet didn’t turn out as Anet wanted her to be either way. I also believe this whole story arc was more focused on testing new mechanics and how they can push the LS, also testing the teams, rather than fully delivering a solid story.

It might be a ridiculous reason to go by, and something Anet wouldn’t admit, but Anet has been on thin ice lately with LS, trying stuff no MMO has ever done. They are improving and will learn from their mistakes, it’s brave of them to do these new stuff instead of recycling old ideas given that they will end up displeasing their crowd before they have the experience and tools to please us.

in Living World

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

…not everyone hates Scarlet…

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Living World

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Well, anyone who’s heard about sane villains with clear motivation and logical actions certainly does.

(edited by Katran.9186)

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

In the end, I think Scarlet didn’t turn out as Anet wanted her to be either way. I also believe this whole story arc was more focused on testing new mechanics and how they can push the LS, also testing the teams, rather than fully delivering a solid story.

You know what would be good? If they would TEST things by hiring PLAYTESTERS to review new content before it goes live. Or perhaps having a closed beta team that could preview the living story content beforehand and provide feedback. Right now they’re treating the game and the community like one giant experiment and I’m beginning to feel like a guinea pig.

More testing would result in less bugs too, and that’s always a good thing.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

they have said they know when and how she will die

Could you possibly tell us when and where have they mentioned it?

Bobby the lead writer said this in a thread about Scarlet. But would not reveal anymore details so we don’t know when this happens – could 2015. (omg even typing that gave me a shiver, I’m hoping it’s Jan 2014)

It’s about half way down the page
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Does-lore-matter/first

(edited by Thobek.1730)

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Scarlet isn’t the problem, Living Story itself “is” in general, remember the Karka events? I certainly do, they were awful.

Removing one bad guy isn’t going to get you a better plot, in fact its the general writing that’s the problem atm, the biggest issue is that the writers are all over the place trying to make complicated new story lines instead of resolving current ones.

The problem lies on the writers part of basically trying to do too many new things at once. Living story introduced us to Karka, Molten/Aether/Watchwork/Toxic stuff, aswell as Scarlet, it also introduced us to Zephyrites and tried to add story to Mad King Thorn that forced you to complete a meta achievement to get further, bad decision.

The fact is that the story atm is “too much” to digest, instead of constantly adding new storyline id advise A-net took a very big look at what it already introduced with a new 250 year later Tyria, the three factions, the pact, the dragons, destinies edge, you know that stuff was also new and interesting and tbh, I’m kinda surprised they haven’t gone back to it.

The problem is A-net has basically rushed out content with the interest of saying “LOOK AT THE SHINY NEW THING” instead of concentrating on content that actually gives PROGRESSION to the storyline.

I have so many unanswered questions here such as:
- Why isn’t the Pact getting involved with Scarlet?
- Why isn’t Destinies Edge teaming up to defeat her after clearly being best buddies fighting Zhaitan.
- Why is there no mention of the other Elder Dragons what so ever save a minor song about Glint’s death.
- Who the hell are the Zephyrites, I actually found them interesting but had no time what so ever to get to know their culture to its fullest. What is their impact on the story and the future of the living story?
- Why did it take so long to get to the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal when really it should have been a month later.
- Scarlet, she had a great intro, a great short story, then went down hill, its time to stop being cryptic with her and start opening up who she is and what she wants, she’s been too cryptic and that’s why people hate her, she clearly has a plan but without having some idea of what were trying to stop, shes more of an annoyance than a threat.
- Where the hell is Treesus in all this? Shouldn’t he do something about a nut job Sylvari after he’s finished his little “restore Orr” mini quest which he evidently achieved.
- Who are The Vigil, who are the Order of Whispers, who Are, the Durmond Priory?
- Why aren’t there more Largos? I liked Largos.
- When will we get to see Psycho-Zealous Anti-Every-Non-Human-Race Cantha invade Tyria?
- When will we get to see Pawaka Joko decide to pop his head over the Crystal Desert and wave at us?
- ANSWERS, A-net, when-will-we-get-them?

That, is the real issue with the Living Story, a million questions and not a single story is resolved, we just get MORE questions.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

How many “good” male characters do we have from LS? Braham? Oh shi~

Moto.

But yeah this story’s pretty rubbish.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Living World

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Let’s see, how this whole ley line business is developing. The character Scarlet isn’t as bad, as the story written for her. The problem with her was, that she had no freaking purpose. Maybe that’ll change in the near future.
Also it looks like the Nightmare Tower-business is not quite over, too. That would actually be the first alliance that wasn’t just introduced, disappeared within the next four weeks and then reappered as random trashmob.
So I just wait and see how it all plays out. Maybe Anet finally puts more story into the Living Story. Not that it could change the opinion most people seem to have on Scarlet but it could help for future characters.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The new ley line story could be very interesting and open up a lot of lore. What should happen is that scarlet should mess with these ley lines, get herself killed and then a dragon should awaken and start attacking due to the changing of the magic. Focus only on the dragons influence spreading and the people of tyria coming together to defeat it.

It will be simple to understand, can have a lot of lore in it, doesn’t have all the confusing alliances and will get us back in touch with old characters.