Doubled gossamer price = Ascended armor news?

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Seeing as gossamer suddenly doubled in price.. (Went from 4s to about 8s per scrap in a few days)
Does that mean there are any news about ascended armor?
Or is it just someone buying up the entire stock of gossamer on the TP?
I have seen links to ascended armor floating around in map chat in LA.
Does that mean we’re getting close?
Glad I went with the gossamer bandwagon early, getting too late to buy your ascended armor gossamer stock for a decent price.
But wood went up in price x3 so not entirely too late yet i guess.

Maybe Mad King Thorn will be giving us a halloween present of craftable ascended armor and Mad King’s Ascended Armor?

No but really.. Anyone heard anything?

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

There was a youtube interview mentioning ascended armor crafting “before the end of the year” according to a thread in the subforum crafting. I would assume that people finishing their ascended weapons are now making it their next goal to be ready for ascended armor, and bought the lower-priced supplies.

in Living World

Mikuchan.7261

Yeah I know about the “before the end of the year” stuff but prices have been 4s for a long while after that.
Now in 2 days, prices have basically doubled all of a sudden.
There were quite alot gossamer stacked up between 4s and 8s-ish so it seems a bit weird.
I thought I had missed some news but maybe not then.

Edit: Apparently silk prices have grown quite a bit since 2 days ago too.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Evidently ascended armor has been added to the game files, because while it’s not obtainable yet, you can use chat codes to preview it. See this thread for chat codes if you’d like to see them yourself.

There hasn’t been any new official information about them, but if they’re going to be craftable, it stands to reason that the process might resemble that of ascended weapons, with the maximum crafting level bumping up to 500. That means a lot of people are going to be crafting exotics to level up, which means high demand for gossamer.

We’ve known / been able to speculate on this information for a while now, but the appearance of ascended armor in the database suggests the feature will be coming sooner rather than later, and has certainly raised attention to it, leading to higher prices.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Edit: Apparently silk prices have grown quite a bit since 2 days ago too.

That’s good, was getting tired of vendoring them

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Sell your gossamer while you can. Once everyone hits level 400 in armor crafting, gossamers becomes worthless again.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Sell your gossamer while you can. Once everyone hits level 400 in armor crafting, gossamers becomes worthless again.

It wouldn’t be 400 but 425. They would be buying it up not just to have it but to refine the first 25 levels. I don’t like how it seems everyone always knows things before I do in this game. It is like they have friends at Anet that give them the heads up on what about to happen. That is just like insider trading and is just as distasteful if that is what is happening. The preview on the Ascended armor seems to be only for the looks because the stats seemed very off. Plus there was no infusion slots which doesn’t seem right.

in Living World

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

I don’t like how it seems everyone always knows things before I do in this game. It is like they have friends at Anet that give them the heads up on what about to happen. That is just like insider trading and is just as distasteful if that is what is happening.

Another conspiracy theory…
We know since july that ascended armor are coming before the end of the year. Considering ascended weapons are already available and that 2013 has only 3 months left, its obvious armor will come rather soon. The armors skins being added to the game was just the trigger for some people that started to stock up gossamer, causing the price uprising.

in Living World

Mikuchan.7261

The thing is that you need to create exotic items between lvl 475 and 500 because there’s no other way to level then.
That’s why Ancient wood became so expensive.
It is also pretty impractical to level up by crafting ascended materials since that’s pretty slow, so people craft even more exotics to get there faster.
The same will most likely apply for armor too.

in Living World

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

im excited, coz now i dont haave to vendor them

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server