Dragon Bash 2014

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: ProTech.8402

ProTech.8402

I think it is possible that the first Living Story of Season2 will be Dragon Bash. It is based on the real world Chinese Dragon Boat Festival. Which is according to the wiki was on June 12 last year and the Dragon Bash patch released on June 11. This year the festival will be on June 2 in China, so the patch can hit on May 27 or June 3. They said that they want to synchronize the Living Story between the West and China. I think this date should be safely after the launch in China, given that they are in headstart already. I was not able to find concrete information about the official Chinese launch date.

There was also speculation that they will do Dragon Bash in Labyrinthine Cliffs (Zephyr Sanctum place) this year as Lion’s Arch is destroyed. There were some pictures data mined about Zephyr Sanctum on reddit a couple of month ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/205srl/bazaar_of_the_four_winds_blade_shards/cg01eme

What do you think?

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Donutdude.9582

Donutdude.9582

Interesting theory.

We’ll simply have to wait & see.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

It would be a nice way to introduce the Chinese players into the LS, but like Donutdude said, we’ll have to wait and see.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Doubt it, at least as far as dates go. If it were coming that soon, they would have said something more than “we are working on new stuff but can’t give a timeline”. Unfortunately. I want new stuff too.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ok op im thinking your probably right on that one. wonder what the dragon bash might bring

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

That’s gonna be trouble for the Chinese. If they start playing and the Dragon Bash almost immideatly pops up.. gonna be a rush of noobs to LA

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Its possible that the dragon bash will be then but that doesnt mean that the LS will start with the dragon bash. Would be really cool though.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It might happen. It’s the kind of content that might keep the western playerbase entertained while granting the eastern one some time to experience the core content before releasing a new story plot.
On the other hand, a festivity that conmemorates the victory against Zhaitan/Dragons sounds a bit weird for an entire playerbase that has barely started playing the game.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

I have to admit that would make a lot of sense and be a very appropriate time to start off the next season, or at least some kind of pre-LS patch. Think about it, what better way to introduce a new dragon than at the very festival that celebrates us defeating another dragon.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I have to admit that would make a lot of sense and be a very appropriate time to start off the next season, or at least some kind of pre-LS patch. Think about it, what better way to introduce a new dragon than at the very festival that celebrates us defeating another dragon.

It would also be very entertaining if said festival was party crashed by a champion of the newly awakened dragon.

Doubt it’s going to happen though…

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Ravenfield.9863

Ravenfield.9863

There was also speculation that they will do Dragon Bash in Labyrinthine Cliffs (Zephyr Sanctum place) this year as Lion’s Arch is destroyed. There were some pictures data mined about Zephyr Sanctum on reddit a couple of month ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/205srl/bazaar_of_the_four_winds_blade_shards/cg01eme

What do you think?

The Zephyrite Helm skins recently got updated item-icons (all 3 are different now). That plus the new textures for some Bazaar related stuff like banners and kites could lead to the conclusion that something Labyrinthine Cliff related is coming. Not sure about Dragon Bash though, didn’t read anything about it recently.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

LA is gone..they have nothing to copy-paste events on. Sry but all events are canceled till LA is rebuilt.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

That’s gonna be trouble for the Chinese. If they start playing and the Dragon Bash almost immideatly pops up.. gonna be a rush of noobs to LA

Too LA? ….. The city left in ruins? Like we are to rebuild it in less than a month lol

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

On the other hand, a festivity that conmemorates the victory against Zhaitan/Dragons sounds a bit weird for an entire playerbase that has barely started playing the game.

Dragon Bash isnt to commemorate the victory of Zhaitan. According to the wiki it is a holiday event inspired by the historical Dragon Festival, but with a Lion’s Arch flair, intending to symbolize the resistance to the Elder Dragons.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Too LA? ….. The city left in ruins? Like we are to rebuild it in less than a month lol

Bunch of British+Polish brickies can have it done in 3 weeks mate. 2 weeks for cash

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Check your special mini section of the collectibles tab. #dragonbash2014

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Dragon Bash will almost certainly be returning this year, and my bet is that it will be tied in to some kind of reconstruction effort that involves players donating lots of oversupplied mats and items in the game (Blade Shards, Thick Leather, and possibly Bloodstone Dust are all good candidates).

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I just want to get the other two zephyrite helms.

Dragon Bash 2014

in Living World

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Huh, just when I spent all my fortune scraps on supplies.