Drooburt

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

the first place i went after the patch (honestly) to update myself on whereabout of this drunk. then…

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1iiv6t.jpg

Is this the quaggan you are talking about? :P

i froze for a while. a huge grin formed.

THANK YOU ANET!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU XOXOXOXXXXOOOOO!!!

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Drooburt will always live in my heart, much more memorable than

[spoiler]

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: EnoshKhan.4958

EnoshKhan.4958

Not sure if anyone got it, but Drooburt, If that IS indeed his real name, is actually a shady drifter who probably came to this bandit town to take advantage of suckers who think every quaggan is good.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well… At least with the money given to him by rubes, Drooburt was probably too smashed to feel anything when the vines got him. :P

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’d love to see Anet telling us the numbers of how much gold Drooburt got from us

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

This is priceless. Thank you ANet.

Attachments:

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

you think he would have invested in a gold plated shield or something…
shakes head in disappointment

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Now he’s dead and no more shall you need to moisten him….until he’s buried underground and we can plant flowers on his grave, then we just need to water the flowers.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Quaggans lead a hard life – there is still someone in frostgorge putting mines in the sea and trying to prevent their guild mission migration for example.

….and those jellyfish are cruel.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

We should preserve him.
In alcohol.

What? It’s what he would have wanted!

Drooburt

in Living World

chronometria.3708

Perhaps he drank the water of life and is meditating in a near death state to become – Poo-a-D’ib, leader of the desert Quaggans – the voice from the outer world.

The swimmer has awakened!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Perhaps he drank the water of life and is meditating in a near death state to become – Poo-a-D’ib, leader of the desert Quaggans – the voice from the outer world.

I… we need events now… with sandworms and helicopters. This is an A+ idea.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Drooburt

in Living World

chronometria.3708

I… we need events now… with sandworms and helicopters. This is an A+ idea.

How can this be? For he IS the Quick-slap-flipper-whack!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I so /cry when I found out my drinking buddy had been taken by these vines! Nooo why him, we shared the bottom of various bottles and now, now he is gone :’(

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

He scammed money from us so its actually satisfying that he got killed, made it worth the gold we gave him.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Did you check his pockets? Might have some of that gold in there still.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would have a drink in his memory, but I already gave hi my drinks budget.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I laughed loudly when I saw him hanging up there, while a fellow party member expressed her horror at the sight of it. We all suspected it would happen, but hearing the reactions on Team Speak is priceless.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Possible that we didn’t give him enough gold to save him from death…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

First thing that popped into my head whe I saw him hanging there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

wth did I just watch?

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

wth did I just watch?

An excerpt from Wizards, by Ralph Bakshi.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

OMG! They killed Kenny!!!!!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Slow clap for Peter Fries. He trolled everyone hard with Drooburt and it was kitten funny. When he was talking about how he wrote Drooburt into Prosperity, I laughed as hard as I could. If you haven’t seen the 3rd episode Points of Interest interview, it’s pretty funny. The Drooburt talk starts somewhere around 9 minutes in.

Edit: I’m not that lazy. Here’s where the Drooburt talk starts https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8GCAPujp6yM#t=470

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

I hope Drool-burt will return as a legendary plantified mob in future episodes, and the only way to defeat it is to shoot asuran coin-operated ray gun at it, whose firepower depends on amount being fed: 1 copper = pea shot; 1 silver = normal rifle shot, but meh; 1 gold = SUPERHYPERMEGADEATHRAYPEWPEWPEW laser

Pleassse let it happen..

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Personally I hope he will get a proper grave, I would laugh hard though if he got a rich ornamented marble grave/tomb though.

R.I.P. Drooburt
How you gathered your fortune is unknown, but may you rest in it for all eternity.
or
A grave in honour of your great fortune, obviously brought about by great decision making, if only you were still alive to teach us

Obviously a Heroes Elixir would spawn and the base of his grave

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Drooburt, best gold-sink ever.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

The Drooburt bit was awesome sauce. Nicely done and a lot of fun. The interview with Peter Fries was even more icing on the cake. +1 here for a bit well done. What makes Easter Eggs fun is finding them, Drooburt collecting money would have been to obvious, when in fact his death was the Easter Egg in of itself. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If the devs ever wonder why players think they’re not listening, then this is a perfect example. In the points of intrest youtube movie, Peter Fries laughs about how he added Drooburt just to see how much gold the players would waste on him. He apparently finds it very funny that we spent all our hard earned cash on an npc that doesn’t do anything.

Talk about insulting. With this type of people making the game, no wonder everything is bugged and unfinished. And to think we’re paying that guy’s salary…just to be used for his own personal amusement.

Maybe I should get a job at ArenaNet. I’d get to pester people all day, do a barely passable job, and get paid for it? Sounds like a sweet deal…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Next content patch, Mordem Drooburt appears to allow us to look our money back.

Talk about insulting. With this type of people making the game, no wonder everything is bugged and unfinished. And to think we’re paying that guy’s salary…just to be used for his own personal amusement.

Um… I just interpreted it as a guy who decided to play a little trick. It was kinda funny actually. Apparently for you that means the entire ANet is a hive of sloth and wickedness…

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

Turns out, the money collected was used to fuel the next undead army danceathon: where you dance until you drop takes on new meaning.

Drooburt

in Living World

nightwulf.1986

Next content patch, Mordem Drooburt appears to allow us to look our money back.

Um… I just interpreted it as a guy who decided to play a little trick. It was kinda funny actually. Apparently for you that means the entire ANet is a hive of sloth and wickedness…

As a social experiment/joke, I totally found it funny. I had to reassess my expectations when I was feeding this drunk quaggan gold. Gold! At some point I did reach a conclusion that was unique to this experience….“Wait. Wait. Nope! Not getting my money back…” I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

drooburt was funny. it is too bad he didnt survive it would have been hilarious if he survived by wandering out in dry top and passed out on al the booze we bought him

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I hated to see him die but I always start with a few coppers. When there is no response. I walk away. Not the games fault if you give gold and get nothing in return. Hard life lesson. Don’t trust panhandlers and beggars. A fool and their money is soon parted. Le

(edited by Countess Aire.9410)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

For all we know, the deceased quaggan took the gold to his grave.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

How about in one of the updates we can wap him with a stick to get a random amount of coinage to drop once a day a Drooburt pinãta

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Drooburt

in Living World

nightwulf.1986

How about in one of the updates we can wap him with a stick to get a random amount of coinage to drop once a day a Drooburt pinãta

That is messed up.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I am reminded of Wirt the Peg-Legged Boy.