-E, -B, the death note has fallen

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

(for whoever gets the reference)

anyway, today I got a mail from Blaine thanking him for feeding me in the well, followed his signature

-B

and that got me thinking, is it a wink to, or even an association with -E?
or am I thinking too far ahead?

My logic? he’s a man who can handle intel with care. He was down in a well. Yet he was able to get a message to us by mail, when he never got our name or facial features.
So I’m breaking down the message here:

Dear Nikeita!
It’s been some time, hasn’t i?? Remember me? It’s Blaine!
From the well!

Things are going great for me down here. Not only did I stay
safe in the White Mantle attack, but I’m making quite a life
for myself in the well. Even adopted a pet rat! His name is
Nibbles. He’ll warm up to me soon, I just know it.

Best regards,
-B
PS: I go by Blaine now. Figure its more appropriate for a man
of my age.

Dear Nikeita!
It’s been some time, hasn’t i?? Remember me? It’s Blaine!
From the well!

Okay, so what this means is nothing more than an introduction, we fed him in the well, that’s the whole story

Things are going great for me down here. Not only did I stay
safe in the White Mantle attack, but I’m making quite a life
for myself in the well.

Is he telling us that he deliberately hid because of the white mantle. Or did he go down there and told he had made it his new base of operations?

Even adopted a pet rat! His name is
Nibbles. He’ll warm up to me soon, I just know it.

This is the most interesting part, it sounds to me like he captured someone, and intents to draw intel from them. Could it be a minister? Could it be a WM?.. Could it even be Bauer?

Best regards,
-B
PS: I go by Blaine now. Figure its more appropriate for a man
of my age.

Is he E with a new identity? is he an associate of E?

Let me know what your thoughts are!

PS, I’m claiming the credit for Wooden Potatoes next 1 hour video on the subject!

PS2, Can we please have a fix on the Hasn’kitten no longer change to a kitty. Maybe the word should be recognized if it’s attached to a hasn’ or won’ or whatever, whitelist a few words or whatever, just make the system less sensitive. the system is now censoring actual ingame text

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in Living World

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

plans within plans….

Also there’s this…just how did he send a letter out of a so-called “well”, hmm?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@OP

You might be reading too much into ending a short note with an initial (especially one that includes the writer’s full name in the ‘sent by’ field)

Warm regards.

-I

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

@OP

You might be reading too much into ending a short note with an initial (especially one that includes the writer’s full name in the ‘sent by’ field)

Warm regards.

-I

perhaps, but still, he said “I am calling myself Blaine now”
so that means its not his real name, that was the whole reason I decided that -B was bigger than just a random initial, because he used that wording

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Mail 2

Dear Nikeita,

It was a sad today in Winslow Manor. We had to bid farewell to our dear, devoted Mr. Nibbles. When he left us, he took a piece of me with him – specifically, one of my toes.
The captive of E/B has escaped, in a rather violent way, but E/B managed to execute him before he got away
But the domain soldiers on nonetheless. I’m even thinking of planting a garden!
more random banter to make it look like a normal mail and not a secret E-message

All my best to you and yours,
Lord Blaine, Archduke of the Well of Winslow

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

@OP

Warm regards.

-I

“I”, eh? Trying to throw us off the scent, eh?

WHO DOES NO 2 WORK FOR!?!

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am number six?

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I am number six?

I think that was an Austin Powers reference

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am number six?

I’m pretty sure that 83.25% of Austin Power’s lines referenced other movies and TV shows.

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I am number six?

The Prisoner was a classic surreal spy series from the early 70’s

-I am number 2.
-Who is number 1?
-You are number 6.
-I am not a number, I am a free man!

But I may have drifted off topic, unless Lake Doric starts spawning large white balls to attack us.

On topic, I am 80% sure that B is just comic relief. Sure, E had operatives in the area, but dropping down a well and shouting for help is not consistanr with E’s MO. Personally I am still hoping that E is the name used by Evon Gnashblade and Elen Kiel working in tandem.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I am number six?

The Prisoner was a classic surreal spy series from the early 70’s

-I am number 2.
-Who is number 1?
-You are number 6.
-I am not a number, I am a free man!

But I may have drifted off topic, unless Lake Doric starts spawning large white balls to attack us.

On topic, I am 80% sure that B is just comic relief. Sure, E had operatives in the area, but dropping down a well and shouting for help is not consistanr with E’s MO. Personally I am still hoping that E is the name used by Evon Gnashblade and Elen Kiel working in tandem.

That would be AMAZIING!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I don’t think Evon Gnashblade and Ellen Kiel can put their squabbling aside to be running the kind of secret organization E seems to be running. I’d be especially surprised if Gnashblade had anything to do with it considering how human-centric most of his actions have been.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I don’t think Evon Gnashblade and Ellen Kiel can put their squabbling aside to be running the kind of secret organization E seems to be running. I’d be especially surprised if Gnashblade had anything to do with it considering how human-centric most of his actions have been.

EXACTLY, it’s inconveivable for us to think they could breath air in one room.
hence the perfect couple, because no one would look for E in them!

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

My theory goes like this. Kiel and Gnashblade bpth like following down leads. Kiel as a Lionguard and Gnashblade as a businessman, err, charr. Around the time of the Molten Alliance they both do some digging and become aware of something deeper at play (dedge tunneling puns not intended). They also become aware of each other and decide to pool their two very different resource sets.

One thing they decide that they need however is a seat on the Captain’s Council. So they decide their best chance is to both run. The more vicious the campaign the better as not only does it convince people that they aren’t working together, it also scares off the opposition.

There is also Marjory’s interaction with E. She doesn’t see E but there is a male voice and strong grip, which she sort of likes the feel of. This implies a human male, but it could also be Gnashblade talking and Kiel holding her. I admit though that the implication that Marjory liking the grip of a woman on her as a clue would be pretty trashy writing, but hey, she’s supposed to be a pulpy character.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

My theory goes like this. Kiel and Gnashblade bpth like following down leads. Kiel as a Lionguard and Gnashblade as a businessman, err, charr. Around the time of the Molten Alliance they both do some digging and become aware of something deeper at play (dedge tunneling puns not intended). They also become aware of each other and decide to pool their two very different resource sets.

One thing they decide that they need however is a seat on the Captain’s Council. So they decide their best chance is to both run. The more vicious the campaign the better as not only does it convince people that they aren’t working together, it also scares off the opposition.

There is also Marjory’s interaction with E. She doesn’t see E but there is a male voice and strong grip, which she sort of likes the feel of. This implies a human male, but it could also be Gnashblade talking and Kiel holding her. I admit though that the implication that Marjory liking the grip of a woman on her as a clue would be pretty trashy writing, but hey, she’s supposed to be a pulpy character.

I love this.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks