Easiest LS3 Map Currencies to Farm

in Living World

Posted by: witchermist.9345

witchermist.9345

Out of Blood Rubies, Petrified Wood, Fresh Winterberries, Jade Shards and Fire Orchid Blossoms, which are the easiest to most difficult to farm? Could someone rank these in difficulty and speed of farming?

Thanks.

in Living World

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Berries >>> all the rest.

in Living World

Posted by: Sikil.9817

Sikil.9817

Berries are easiest. After those, go for Petrified Wood (do the hearts, buy from vendors) and Fire Orchids (plentiful on the map and entertaining to hunt for). Blood Rubies are tougher to collect in quantity because they don’t drop reliably from the nodes and Bloodstone Fen doesn’t have hearts. I don’t know about the shards, I didn’t like the Lake Doric map much compared to the others.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Berries are easiest. After those, go for Petrified Wood (do the hearts, buy from vendors) and Fire Orchids (plentiful on the map and entertaining to hunt for). Blood Rubies are tougher to collect in quantity because they don’t drop reliably from the nodes and Bloodstone Fen doesn’t have hearts. I don’t know about the shards, I didn’t like the Lake Doric map much compared to the others.

Lake Doric has both aspects of Fen and Bay. Mining usually turns up 1 shard per node, and you can finish hearts for the option to buy. Problem is those hearts take forever to finish, so it’s not worth it. Easier to complete two or three dailies.
Magic Gatherer is just below the spirit that gives the peach for A Peach A Day. And if Immelhoof is up, it’s not too far to jump in on that one.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Etterwyn.5263

Etterwyn.5263

Berries all day. You can hit the nodes with all your characters and it’s a fast run.

Blood rubies are the slowest by a long shot. So you either want the stat-change trinkets or you just love the map, to be farming those.

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Does it say anything about BF that probably the fastest way is just to buy the node and mine it every day? Sure, you can hit it up for magic gatherer or another daily for a couple more but easier just to mine the node every day so you can get a stat changing ring about once a month.

in Living World

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Bloodstone Fen Rubies is probably the only node worth buying. “BF” confused me for a moment because it’s also Bitterfrost Frontier, and buying the node for berries would be a waste.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

in Living World

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

1) Berries. They have no daily cap on harvest nodes I’ve ever reached, and they are located relatively close to each other. You can completely skip hearts with them and still have loads. As long as you can bring in more characters for harvest, it’s by far the easiest currency and best way to farm unbound magic.

2) Orchids. Drop a lot from bosses, decently from hearts and nodes. Hearts on the map are easy to do, and while nodes aren’t overly convenient to gather, they are still decent. With all 3 sources combined, and alts brought in, it’s second easiest.

3) Wood. Nodes are non-existent – they are few, have no special indicator and have very low droprate of wood itself. However, hearts are probably easiest out of all LS3 maps here, and there are 3 bosses on short respawns that drop wood as well. Gets faster with alts.

4) Jade. Hearts are pain. Events are pain. Mobs are pain. Only effective way to gather without too much annoyance are gathering nodes, which are multiple, in predictable path and with decent droprate. However, nodes have hard account-wide cap, which you will reach in 3 maps/alt swaps or so. So it’s much more limited than those above.

5) Rubies. Expected rate is something like 20 per day. To achieve it, you need to do all dailies, kill Hablion, dual constructs and unbound guardian, and mine out every node on the map. Said nodes don’t have specialized markers, and droprate is kitten. All of bosses have long kills, long downtime, and construct/guardian event chain just takes eternity. You can bring alts i guess, but most likely you wouldn’t want to. THE most painful currency to get.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

(edited by Wintermute.5408)

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Wvw and spvp rewards tracks give either 50 or 100 of a currency upon completion. Either mode a track can be completed in less than two weeks of only doing dailies. Plus you get all sorts of other loot.

in Living World

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Wvw and spvp rewards tracks give either 50 or 100 of a currency upon completion. Either mode a track can be completed in less than two weeks of only doing dailies. Plus you get all sorts of other loot.

The worst LS3 grind of all, Bloodstone backpack, can be completed in 8-10 days, with roughly 1 hour per day spent. Others are 3-5 days at most, depending on map.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson