Ember Bay Feedback

Ember Bay Feedback

in Living World

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

First of all congratulations for a great release!

The story was very enjoyable (my favorite so far), the new map is really nice too. Hard to traverse, but once you get all masteries it becomes much easier. The though spots… Oh well, it is a volcanic island, so not being picky.

One thing got me really frustrated though is the Jumping Puzzle. Not because it is hard or anything of sorts, but because of the very ending of it. By the final jumps, after the long glide, you have to climb up those pointy rocks… But if you fall (and you probably will) there is no safety net! That means you have to go back aaaaaaallll the way from the last checkpoint, unlike the rest of the jumping puzzle…. Fine…. BUT, may the spirits guard you, if you fall in the wrong side of the rock and end up outside the volcano…. You are done! It doesn’t remember your checkpoints, you have waypoint back and start from scratch.
For such a long jumping puzzle, I thought it was unnecessarily punitive, like on Skyhammer where you used to make one mistake and get heavily penalized for it (falling to your death).

Anyway, looking forward to the next update!
See you in Tyria!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Ember Bay Feedback

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Drekar.4619

Lord Drekar.4619

This. I understand the difficulty – it’s supposed to be a hard puzzle. I can deal with that lol. But when you have issues like this, or what I had -it randomly forgot I hit any checkpoints and I had to restart the entire thing (as of writing this I still haven’t finished the puzzle because of this little glitch) it’s unnecessarily cruel (and rage inducing, lol).

Also, perhaps taking out some of the hostile elementals would be great. it’s incredibly annoying in an already difficult puzzle to have to fight enemies just so that you can progress. It slows everything down (and it is already hard enough, you really don’t need them).

Everything else is amazing.