Ending Cinematic

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

I had pretty much one expression during that whole cinematic, cookies to those who get the reference lol.

you mean that girl from twilight?

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

One mind…. One mind…. Im stuck on one mind….. Could the dragons all be of one???

you on to something! maybe all those dragons were once a part of one!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

One mind…. One mind…. Im stuck on one mind….. Could the dragons all be of one???

I actually have a crack pot hypothesis about the Elder Dragons but never took much mind to it because it was just some random hypothesis I made up but…

It is possible the Elder Dragons were originally a single Elder Dragon (which I call the Mother Dragon) and that before recorded GW history the world of Tyria never had any Magic but was a technology advanced world until this Mother Dragon appeared.

When this Mother Dragon was defeated her death brought Magic into the World of Tyria but it also gave birth to the Elder Dragon which represented different aspects of the Mother Dragon’s Power. The Elder Dragons then killed any survivors of this unknown civilization and started consuming the Magic spread around the world resulting with destruction and war with each Elder Dragon fighting over consuming Magic. Once they consume enough magic and starve themselves to death (or go to sleep) the magic they consumed would begin to leak out from their bodies and slowly return to the world so life can begin appearing again. After enough time the Elder dragons awaken again to take back the energy they lost.

and the rest you should already know about.

However, as I said this is a crack pot hypothesis and by no means could be possible for GW2 lore….. or could it? dramatic music!

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I had a similar theory made a while back like that Edwin. Maybe the Pale Tree is that dragon’s mind, and thus why she’s so kind, caring, knowledgable, and willing to help? If so, our place is that we’ve been chosen by that Mother Dragon’s mind to bring her back together into a single being. Meaning we are HER Dragon Champion, if the theory is correct.

But this will ultimately be dependent on whether or not we’ll start showing signs of attempted corruption on us. So if we start hearing bad voices, start hallucinating, and get urges by Mordremoth to kill and destroy, this theory will be blown. Though on the flip side of that, it technically could still fit if we’re not just hearing Mordremoth’s call. If we hear the call of all the dragons to work for them, this theory could hold water.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

That was an awesome cut scene. But now I wonder if our character is going to start being affected by the dragon.
Also, did anyone mange to make out what was being said in the background?

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I loved it! For the first time in god knows how long i felt like my character was alive and i hope we get more of these cinematics!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

So we’re the ones diving into the Pale Tree’s mind in this episode?….. Fascinating……

We follow Scarlet’s footsteps and don’t attempt to avoid the Pale Tree which would have given us actual data on the Eternal Alchemy…..

It didn’t drive us insane like it did Scarlet….. Probably because we’re not dumb enough to get a closer look at the Mordremoth corrupted Pale Tree in her mind…..

I don’t think we were falling into the Pale Tree but more so growing a fundamental understanding of the workings of the world that is Tyria. What has me curious is it seems almost like they’re playing Mord to be… like Gaia from Greek/Roman mythology in that it’s the heart of the world itself and of course the Pale Tree, being nature bound, is involved to some extent.

While I hope the Sylvari aren’t the culmination of Tyria’s defense against the Dragons, I am kind of rooting for the Sylvari being the result of Mord’s creation, the Pale Tree(s). But what has me curious is what significance the others have in the grand scheme of all things… I mean obviously they are pretty much climate change on steroids but in relation to each other, each dragon, I wonder how they fit together. We were told the Dragons don’t necessarily have allegiences with one another but I felt like the cutscene was portraying Mord to be, I guess the daddy?

Really interesting none the less. Looking forward to Episode 3 for more closure. I did get a lol though, this is totally a omage to Mass Effect.

EDIT: Just to add, it was nice seeing a fully animated real-time cutscene which is reminiscent of Guild Wars 1 in how it told its stories. The primary grueling factor of GW2 that really bummed me out was how they changed the way they tell their stories during cutscenes. But this conclusion was on par and it’s been what I had been asking for since Season 1 started, more visceral and entertaining cutscenes.

Attachments:

(edited by Ronin.7381)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This was really nice. Anet did a good job on this. Season 2 started off terrible, but it’s getting better.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i wish you could watch cinematics again in game

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This was really nice. Anet did a good job on this. Season 2 started off terrible, but it’s getting better.

How did it start off terrible?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I screamed “CTHULHU FHTAGN” into guild chat while that was going on, just to get into the spirit of things.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

AND I’M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FREE FAAAAALLIIN’

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

ANET should make it re-watchable.
Perhaps giving it the terminal treatment like they did with the Fractal cinematic.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Can anyone fully make out ALL of the voices? Or did no one notice them? :P
I saw it, a single mind! (couldnt catch what was said after), do not question the dream we must all plan our paths. There was also talking in the very beginning but i cant make it out

You are hearing the past conversation between Scarlet and the Pale Tree when Scarlet first went into the machine.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/short-story-what-scarlet-saw/

THEORY

You are not actually looking into the Eternal Alchemy but rather a residual record or spacial copy of her previous experience within the machine when it over drove her psyche.

Scarlet’s memory is basically being injected into you

So that you can become Scarlet herself.

Look into the mirror

Your hair is now red leafy big tails

Your skin is now slowly turning teal

In real life.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I felt empowered playing my Asura and undertaking this…. “journey.” It’s like my character said to himself in regards to Scarlet, “Listen Doll, let me show you how it’s done.” Felt like a pro, a big deal.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Agree! It’s simply amaizing!!!!

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

If we assume the 6 orbs are dragons, then that means there are a confirmed 6 dragons.

Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, Jormag, Primordus, Mordremoth, and Bubbles. If the Pale Tree is the center, and thus the dragons are rotating around her, it’s quite possible that she is in fact Tyria’s will incarnate, the equivalent of Hydaelyn from FFXIV (Hydaelyn is the planet’s will, and often speaks to the player).

Which sounds quite weird considering she was grown just over 25 years ago all the while the Elder Dragons were here even before Human gods.

So either Ventari found the seed of her previous incarnation or she somehow got really important.

Either way, I just hope she is just Mordremoth’s target because of his nature ( jungles ) and not to the whole Elder Dragons. I mean what connection the Pale Tree would have with Jormag or Primordus. Even Kralkatorrik.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

So we’re the ones diving into the Pale Tree’s mind in this episode?….. Fascinating……

We follow Scarlet’s footsteps and don’t attempt to avoid the Pale Tree which would have given us actual data on the Eternal Alchemy…..

It didn’t drive us insane like it did Scarlet….. Probably because we’re not dumb enough to get a closer look at the Mordremoth corrupted Pale Tree in her mind…..

I don’t think we were falling into the Pale Tree but more so growing a fundamental understanding of the workings of the world that is Tyria. What has me curious is it seems almost like they’re playing Mord to be… like Gaia from Greek/Roman mythology in that it’s the heart of the world itself and of course the Pale Tree, being nature bound, is involved to some extent.

While I hope the Sylvari aren’t the culmination of Tyria’s defense against the Dragons, I am kind of rooting for the Sylvari being the result of Mord’s creation, the Pale Tree(s). But what has me curious is what significance the others have in the grand scheme of all things… I mean obviously they are pretty much climate change on steroids but in relation to each other, each dragon, I wonder how they fit together. We were told the Dragons don’t necessarily have allegiences with one another but I felt like the cutscene was portraying Mord to be, I guess the daddy?

Really interesting none the less. Looking forward to Episode 3 for more closure. I did get a lol though, this is totally a omage to Mass Effect.

EDIT: Just to add, it was nice seeing a fully animated real-time cutscene which is reminiscent of Guild Wars 1 in how it told its stories. The primary grueling factor of GW2 that really bummed me out was how they changed the way they tell their stories during cutscenes. But this conclusion was on par and it’s been what I had been asking for since Season 1 started, more visceral and entertaining cutscenes.

It feels a lot like the Old Gods from World of Warcraft really. Azeroth can’t survive if all of them are dead soo Titans imprisoned them.

Now Dragons wake up whenever the magic and leylines gets out of control or disturbed to consume the excess ..then go back to their slumber. That is the natural cycle of Tyria. The races that live on the planet are just small consiquences for Elder Dragons. They do what it is in their nature and they are not necessarily allies with eachother as they represent a part of Tyria ( mostly terrifying parts )

I am wondering how this will all end up since what we are doing as races living on Tyria, we are basicly fighting its nature and probably allowing something dangerous to built up but killing the Dragons ( or putting them back to sleep ) prematurely.

For your question about Mord , I think he is involved with Pale Tree since its in Mords element. He is THE jungle element, he claims lordship over it. And Pale tree + Sylvari basicly falls under his command…yet they are free. Mord probably doesn’t like that. Just like Zhaitan did with the Dead where he worked to kill more people just to grow his army. Think of how strong Mord can get when he gets a hold of the Pale Tree and the Sylvari.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I hope Anet adds a way to watch the cutscene again, like they did with the LS1 instances. Something you can click in the machine to view it again.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

It feels a lot like the Old Gods from World of Warcraft really. Azeroth can’t survive if all of them are dead soo Titans imprisoned them.

Now Dragons wake up whenever the magic and leylines gets out of control or disturbed to consume the excess ..then go back to their slumber. That is the natural cycle of Tyria. The races that live on the planet are just small consiquences for Elder Dragons. They do what it is in their nature and they are not necessarily allies with eachother as they represent a part of Tyria ( mostly terrifying parts )

I am wondering how this will all end up since what we are doing as races living on Tyria, we are basicly fighting its nature and probably allowing something dangerous to built up but killing the Dragons ( or putting them back to sleep ) prematurely.

For your question about Mord , I think he is involved with Pale Tree since its in Mords element. He is THE jungle element, he claims lordship over it. And Pale tree + Sylvari basicly falls under his command…yet they are free. Mord probably doesn’t like that. Just like Zhaitan did with the Dead where he worked to kill more people just to grow his army. Think of how strong Mord can get when he gets a hold of the Pale Tree and the Sylvari.

problem is, “the excess” in their view is “absolutely everything”. so even if it’s a bad idea in the long run (like unleashing a certain undead overlord so we can kill a god), it’s the only option we have short of “let’s all just die horrible, miserable deaths”.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

I saw it, a single mind! (couldnt catch what was said after), do not question the dream we must all plan our paths. There was also talking in the very beginning but i cant make it out

I see sonething, i saw it!!! I see her mind!!!!! Don’t question the dream

I caught every bit of it this time we werent hearing one mind we were hearing HER mind we are def inside the pale trees /scarlets mind

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

One thing is for certain, no Realm of Torment references. The picture Scarlet drew was exactly that, the Eternal Alchemy.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I see sonething, i saw it!!! The one mind!!!! Don’t question the dream

I caught every bit of it this time

It could also be referencing that all Pale Trees themselves act as a hive mind and at the center of it is Mord trying ensnare his way back in control, seeing as the Pale Tree(s) fell out of his influence.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

It could also be referencing that all Pale Trees themselves act as a hive mind and at the center of it is Mord trying ensnare his way back in control, seeing as the Pale Tree(s) fell out of his influence.

Noooo i was wrong it says, i see HER mind meaning either scarlet or the pale tree

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Malyck’s tree does not have our Dream of Dreams as he never experienced it.

The Pale Tree was planted in Mursaat territory and Mursaat once hid in another dimension to be safe from the Elder Dragons…..

What’s the likelyhood that she bonded with the Mursaat alternate dimension version of the continent of Tyria they use to traverse the continent while unseen?

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Noooo i was wrong it says, i see HER mind meaning either scarlet or the pale tree

Someone did suggest though too and I’m inclined to believe, that the machine was designed for Sylvari’s physiology, which would mean we are following in Scarlet’s foot steps and seeing what she was seeing. That could be a reference to the “one-mind” mantra.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Ok i got it for sure now,

i see something! I saw it!!! I see her mind!!! (Pale tree) do not question the dream, we must all play our parts. meaning we REALLY shouldnt be killing the eds off its like polluting nature in the end everything dies

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Im 100% sure it didnt say “one mind” go listen to it a few times ive replayed it about 37 times to finally here it right

We must all play our parts…….. Does that mean the pale tree WANTED to wake mordy up for the magic cycle to continue being balanced out?? What if scarlets wyld hunt was to rebalance the cycle after zhaitans death (explains why she was so happy dieing she finished her wyld hunt)

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

So it is the Pale Tree’s mind we’re seeing!

Her mind shows the Dream as an orb with a map on it…. then it get’s corrupted by Mordremoth…..

Most likely the continent of Tyria…..

The Pale Tree was planted in Arbor Bay which was once Mursaat territory….

Mursaat once hid in another dimension to be safe from the Elder Dragons…..

Could that very dimension be the Dream?….. Could the Pale Tree have been planted in a place where the barrier between the Mursaat realm and Tyria was weak? There were Wind Riders surrounding the lake where the Pale Tree was planted in GW1…..

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Ok i got it for sure now,

i see something! I saw it!!! I see her mind!!! (Pale tree) do not question the dream, we must all play our parts. meaning we REALLY shouldnt be killing the eds off its like polluting nature in the end everything dies

See this also makes me want to believe Zhaitan isn’t dead. Now the Devs aren’t likely to revisit him but I do believe that the EDs are a fundamental force of change. Their mission in the Eternal Alchemy is to arise when the world of Tyria reaches an epoche and restart the world by inflicting chaos. Similar to say the events in past catastrophes such as Mt. Saint Helens, where decades later life has been returning to Crater Lake. In reservations there’s a practice called Controlled Burning, where people burn away grass and trees in order to get rid of certain species which allows new species to grow.

It caters to the belief that the Mists are matter and matter cannot be destroyed. If the EDs are manifestations of this energy (think Razah) then they cannot truly die spirit wise, they simply go back to the Eternal Alchemy and recover. Which would be an interesting premise, that’s just what I think.

Back in GW1 a lot of people used to call the Mists the Fires of Creation, a furnace where life starts in the ethereal form and gains awareness thus leading to growing into an entity. By this theory, the EDs wouldn’t be totally killed off through battle. They would be important in maintaining balance.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Zhaitan’s Champion was getting stronger with Zhaitan’s death so his power is likely going to the strongest minion available…..

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Zhaitan’s Champion was getting stronger with Zhaitan’s death so his power is likely going to the strongest minion available…..

There’s that too, reincarnation. So a dragon’s influence cannot be completely destroyed but then again, if we take Tequatl’s death by a large group of players as canon, this poses the question: where does that energy go from there? Taking us right back to Square 1 – the Eternal Alchemy.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

There’s that too, reincarnation. So a dragon’s influence cannot be completely destroyed but then again, if we take Tequatl’s death by a large group of players as canon, this poses the question: where does that energy go from there? Taking us right back to Square 1 – the Eternal Alchemy.

Which in turn is similar to the way God-ship works. In that with Abaddon’s destruction, Kormir ascended. Mallyx gained power but also soon fell so more energy went to her. Because energy can’t be destroyed, were Kormir to be destroyed by a lunatic we could in theory have a Abaddon 2.0.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Malemort.9083

Malemort.9083

Hi everyone.
I am sceptical concerning the theory that each sphere surrounding the main one is representing a dragon. According to the wiki, the dragons awoke in this order:

Primordius (which can be the red sphere)
Jormag (which can be the white sphere, or perhaps the blue one)
Zhaitan (the grey and yellow one)
The deep sea dragon (certainly the blue one)
Kralkatorrik (the purple one)
Mordremoth (the green one).

But, the order of the “awakening” of the sphere (if we consider each colour as being correct) is not the order of the awakening of the dragons.

Maybe it does concern the awakening of dragon’s champions, but i’m not aware of the order of them.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I don’t think it has anything to do with the order of their awakening honestly, more so it was random with Mord signifying as a serious threat for the present time.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Malemort.9083

Malemort.9083

Well, maybe you’re right, Ronin. But i don’t like random.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I didn’t like the fact you’re character says “I saw everything, the dragons… etc” I don’t remember seeing any dragons. I guess those orbs maybe represented dragons but if that’s the case my character is jumping to conclusions.

Taimi – What did you see?
You – Dragons.. (ah no you didn’t you saw 6 globes rotating around a world you suspect is Tyria)

Its a very nice scene but I don’t buy my characters description of it.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I didn’t like the fact you’re character says “I saw everything, the dragons… etc” I don’t remember seeing any dragons. I guess those orbs maybe represented dragons but if that’s the case my character is jumping to conclusions.

You – Dragons.. (ah no you didn’t you saw 6 globes rotating around a world you suspect is Tyria)

I think your character arrives to that conclusion when one of the orbs ceases the center, looks at you, charges, and then you hear that low rumbling growl. With that it can be assumed the other orbs represented entities themselves – the other dragons. While it’s a wide guess on our characters part, it still is sound. We’re meant to be very intuitive – not intuitive enough to know Mordremoth’s name at the top of our head but… we’re not bricks.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Mithrilos.8036

Mithrilos.8036

i see that the central orb “activate” the others six … what does that mean ?

Mithrilos Wildwill[SNIP] – You know that Charr sniper from Vizunah…

(edited by Mithrilos.8036)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Thobek.1730

I think your character arrives to that conclusion when one of the orbs ceases the center, looks at you, charges, and then you hear that low rumbling growl. With that it can be assumed the other orbs represented entities themselves – the other dragons. While it’s a wide guess on our characters part, it still is sound. We’re meant to be very intuitive – not intuitive enough to know Mordremoth’s name at the top of our head but… we’re not bricks.

“Looks at you” – you saw an eye somewhere? I think you need to watch it again. Its up on youtube.
“charge” – or it gets pulled into the center.
“growl” – sure I guess you could say that might of been a growl or the sound of power being discharged, who knows.

You’re jumping to conclusions as well. When you just assume things without the facts that’s when mistakes are made. I just don’t like how my character came back and reported a bunch of stuff she just didn’t know for certain. I’d be much happier if she told them exactly what she saw and then let everyone else make the assumptions.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Thats was obviously mordys growl… Why troll it?
And can a dev assume something about his own work? Like they say, if its in game it is so
Always go with the game

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Makes me feel like scarlet isnt exactly the bad guy anymore…. We screwed up the balance by killing zhaitan so she rushed to replace him with mordy (which is doing some massive magic eating (thank god?) if the dragons can’t complete their cycle tyria might be in real permanent trouble that lasts forever totally wiping ourselves out by saving ourselves lol

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

above poster is correct… with the exception of the sea dragon we’re pretty certain the sequence in which the elder dragons awaken… assume slide 1 is correct.. then it is the zhaitan draconic energy which collides with tyria… interesting, hm? now looking at the other two slides and going from what we believe is canon.. {the colors in the crucible} then the second slide is true and the draconic energies certainly do not excite in the order we’re familiar with? but i can tell you for certain, neither instance shows a blackout of any orb whatsoever.. i recall killing an elder dragon.. so what exactly am i looking at
dragons hold magic like sponges hold water.. maybe, they’re more like a filter

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

I assumed that each orb represented a dragon, but when my character flat out said “I saw a dragon,” I was like… huh????

Watched it on youtube again and still don’t see it… maybe I’m just blind?

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

The very last scenr right before the growl, supposedly your character saw mordremoth charging at her growling

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

youtube.com/hungryasuras

(edited by Nocturnal.5023)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You can see that the green orb (morde) fuses with the center at the end there

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

Oh ok, I hear it now, thanks. My computer fans are always turned to full blast when my gfx card is under load, so I didn’t catch the growl the first time, and the clip I was watching on youtube before ended before the growl.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Thobek.1730

I assumed that each orb represented a dragon, but when my character flat out said “I saw a dragon,” I was like… huh????

Watched it on youtube again and still don’t see it… maybe I’m just blind?

you’re not blind, you had exactly the same reaction I had. At first I thought “kitten how did I miss seeing the dragon!” but then I watched it on youtube about 4 more times and realised there was no dragon, just an orb representing a dragon.

Of course most people understand that’s what the orbs mean, I do as well. But seeing a orb representing a dragon is not seeing a dragon. My character lied to the others. “I saw the dragon!!” no you didn’t you saw an orb representing a dragon.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

No YOU saw an orb your character saw the dragon….. Anet wont let you see mordy yet just keep waiting mordys gonna get introed with a grand type event you wish u saw him this early