Enough with the Elder Dragons

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

and give us Palawa Joko and his Undead Army to fight……

make him The Villain in the new LS arc……….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Only an expansion would do Palawa justice, the Living Story would not be adequate enough to tell that story in a way that players would want.

Jungle Dragon is fine, it is a lesser know unimportant dragon I see it as the perfect Living Story filler. I would rather we get such a dragon in the living story rather than ruining good stories with the restrictive development time the Living Story requires. For example good things like the Crystal Desert, Palawa Joko, Dominion of the Winds and Mursaat, should be kept on the back burner for now, till we start getting expansions.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

That’d be awesome! Of course LS would kitten up the Palawa Joko story entirely but at least I’d get to play crystal desert + elona again.

From a more realistic point of view… If we ever see this in the game it’s probably after we’ve killed Kralkatorric. Or maybe we team up with our friend Palawa again to kill it? :P It’d be a cool expansion tbh.

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

teaming up with Palawa Joko to kill an Elder Dragon aye ?

gimme that expansion now , pls !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And how do you suggest we get past Kralkatorrik in order to get to the Crystal Desert?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ok i agree with aedelric give us minor dragon and see how they do before we let them tackle any of the more well known dragon or things

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Only an expansion would do Palawa justice, the Living Story would not be adequate enough to tell that story in a way that players would want.

Jungle Dragon is fine, it is a lesser know unimportant dragon I see it as the perfect Living Story filler. I would rather we get such a dragon in the living story rather than ruining good stories with the restrictive development time the Living Story requires. For example good things like the Crystal Desert, Palawa Joko, Dominion of the Winds and Mursaat, should be kept on the back burner for now, till we start getting expansions.

“A lesser known unimportant dragon”?
It is just as much of an Elder Dragon as Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, Jormag and Primordus. There have been hints in the game since release about SIX Elder Dragons.
Until the awakening of Mordremoth we only knew about five of them. So clearly it is important enough to be counted among the other EDs.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

If it’s champ created a whole player race, then it’s clearly one of the most important dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

U dont Think there is enough of undead already?… In fact there have been very Little of elder dragons – as long as that Dragon have had te name Scarlet and looks just like an Sylvari….

and… this is not GW1….

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

“A lesser known unimportant dragon”?

Unimportant in the context of the other dragons, they have all had a profound effect on the world, all except for Bubbles obviously.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Unimportant in the context of the other dragons, they have all had a profound effect on the world, all except for Bubbles obviously.

It is fully possible that Mordremoth have had rather major effects of the world as well. We just don’t know it yet.

And its awakening will very likely effect quite a bit as well.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

cranos.5913

It is fully possible that Mordremoth have had rather major effects of the world as well. We just don’t know it yet.

And its awakening will very likely effect quite a bit as well.

Yup, he probably has something to do with our very annoying vegetable race so I’d say he might have a big effect on Tyria. Pretty sure the “major dragon” comment was aimed more towards the fact that there’s a very good possibility that with other dragons there’s more important lore (at least for the GW1 player). Like kralkatorrik in the crystal desert, then you can get to Elona and Palawa Joko or Jormag in the far shiverpeaks, home of the norn and next to that the Charr. Primordus with the dwarves and asura. Even Bubbles could be quite important, if he’s ever the LS/expansion we get the chance of seeing Cantha again.

in Living World

Posted by: Morgan.7241

Morgan.7241

I won’t be happy if they construct the Jungle Dragon story with minor additions of fleeting temporary content. I want the quest to defeat an elder dragon to be unmissable, replay-able and substantial (i.e a large diversity of new maps, quests, enemies and items): it should either be permanent patched content or an expansion IMO. I will probably leave GW2 if they make something this big and important a mere temporary addition.

in Living World

cranos.5913

I won’t be happy if they construct the Jungle Dragon story with minor additions of fleeting temporary content. I want the quest to defeat an elder dragon to be unmissable, replay-able and substantial (i.e a large diversity of new maps, quests, enemies and items): it should either be permanent patched content or an expansion IMO. I will probably leave GW2 if they make something this big and important a mere temporary addition.

I’d start packing my bags already then if I were you.

in Living World

Posted by: Morgan.7241

Morgan.7241

Has a dev suggested that the dragon will be temporary content then? Would be a massive waste to develop an entire elder dragon story only for it to be available for merely a couple of weeks.

in Living World

cranos.5913

Has a dev suggested that the dragon will be temporary content then? Would be a massive waste to develop an entire elder dragon story only for it to be available for merely a couple of weeks.

They haven’t, I just lost all hope in living story. I doubt good new permanent content will ever come without an expansion.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

They haven’t, I just lost all hope in living story. I doubt good new permanent content will ever come without an expansion.

So content will magically be completely different just because they give it the title expansion and slap a price-tag on it?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

cranos.5913

So content will magically be completely different just because they give it the title expansion and slap a price-tag on it?

At least it has to cater to more than just 1 type of player, so not just zerging around in open world PvE and also has to be permanent. Completely different probably not, however I’d settle for “new” atm. Then again adding a new dungeon would be something completely different… Let’s just hope it’s made by the fractal team this time.

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

The real enemy of Tyria is Logan Thackeray and Jennah Doricson. Hidden underneath Divinity’s Reach is the Scepter of Orr, once carried by Livia of the Shining Blades and brought to Kryta for safe keeping. Speaking of which, I wonder though about its twin. The Staff of the Mists was “destroyed”, how could something so powerful be destroyed so easily? And where did the magic of the Staff of the Mists went? Or was the Staff of the Mists really destroyed? Is destroying the Staff of the Mists similar to how the elder dragons consume magic, that is the power from the magical artifacts are transferred to another?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

and give us Palawa Joko and his Undead Army to fight……

make him The Villain in the new LS arc……….

“Enough with the undead” I hear this coming up when we go to Joko if it’s so soon after Zhaitan.

Though your stance is opposite of what many people called for as of months ago. “Enough with Scarlet, bring us Elder Dragons again! GW2 is about dragons!”

Can’t satisfy everyone.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

In this last update they tease us with the dialogue such as the lay lines are like an ocean and that waves were sent to feed the dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

U dont Think there is enough of undead already?… In fact there have been very Little of elder dragons – as long as that Dragon have had te name Scarlet and looks just like an Sylvari….

and… this is not GW1….

One thing for you to note about Palawa Joko and his army:

Those undead are not risen, mindless zombies. In majority, at least. Palawa is a good tactican, powerful lich, has good backstory, good reasons and isn’t dumb. Same for his army, M. Crescent is an Order of Sunspears, just corrupted. We can’t even tell if Joko is that evil or not. He rules the empire of both living and undead, he doesn’t mindlessly slay every man. I think this composition has great advantage over whole Zhaitan&Orrian&Scooby Gang. It deserves something more than splitted up poor-man’s weekly Living-Gem Story.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144