Episode 4 - Head of the Snake

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

So according to Massively Overpowered, the next episode will be called ‘Head of the Snake’ and be released on the 7th of February.

Next week is shaping up to be a big one for multiple MMORPGs, Guild Wars 2 included: ArenaNet has made good on Mike O’Brien’s tease for the fourth episode of Living World Season 3 with the announcement that it’s landing on February 7th.

The episode’s called The Head of the Snake and will see “the advancement of the story as Queen Jennah summons players to her side, where they’ll act as her personal witness in uncovering the nest of corruption in Divinity’s Reach,” the studio says. “Along with The Head of the Snake will come the brand-new raid wing Bastion of the Penitent. The destruction of the Maguuma Bloodstone has opened a mysterious portal in Bloodstone Fen, and beyond it lies a sinister and ancient place with little chance of escape. This raid will provide players with four bosses to overcome as they discover what mysteries are still chained behind its walls.”

As always, players can simply log in to the base game, even if they don’t own Heart of Thorns, to “bank” the episode for the future, though you’ll need to own the expansion and be level 80 to actually play it. That goes for the current episode as well.

Don’t own the expansion? Maybe take advantage of this week’s sale; ANet’s marked the game down to 50% until February 8th. In the meantime, the trailer is below!

Source massively overpowered

Additional source MMOgames
Additional source MMORPG

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

Yay! Finally! Ty Anet

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

This looks EPIC!!! A fight in my home town?!?! Bring it ON!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

I hope that the raid wing will not be the only new feature. What percentage of players actually raid?

(edited by Ordin.9047)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I hope that the raid wing will not be the only new feature. What percentage of players actually raid?

There’s the living story release.

in Living World

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’ll be miffed if they try and destroy another hub. DR is nice, would rather it wasn’t ruins for a year before being fixed.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Who’s he? Does anyone know?

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Lots of NPCs got makeovers, maybe Lord Faren sorted out the mess that is his life

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I asked that question in the general forums thread on this. I can’t see them changing Faren that much but on the other hand with my ongoing theory that Faren is E, maybe?

Or maybe this is E and it’s someone we haven’t met in person before.

Or just some random Minister who’s on Jennah’s side.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Maybe Estelle, who pretended, that she is on our side…

in Living World

Donari.5237

Estelle’s turned into a young blonde man with stirring rhetoric? Ok …

in Living World

Arden.7480

Estelle is a women, who was arrested in the “Party Politics” (Dragon’s Reach part 2).

We heard her voice in the trailer: https://youtu.be/WqgGIrGnhbo?t=39

in Living World

Donari.5237

Yes, I know. But the discussion is about who that blonde man is that you posted, and I’m pretty sure he’s not Estelle. Even if she is a mesmer and can look like that, she wouldn’t be calling forth the good guys to fight for DR which is how I interpret his speech.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe it’s Mr E

in Living World

Donari.5237

Maybe it’s Mr E

As I speculated above. Though man, I soooo want Faren to be E. Are my ScarlEt PimpErnEl dreams to be dashed? Faren even wore a red doublet!

in Living World

Arden.7480

Oh sorry, I was saying about Estelle. xD

Anyway I don’t think so that Faren had a transformation and Faren has another voice btw .

in Living World

Arden.7480

Hahahahha I love Lady Wi in this trailer XDD Her look is really great

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

That’s what I was thinking when I watched the trailer. Let’s hope it’s going to be as epic as it made it look like — looks can be deceiving after all.

Maybe it’s Mr E

We already know that E is Estelle, no? It’s already been uncovered a long time ago, or am I confusing things?

in Living World

Posted by: TripLight.7692

TripLight.7692

Did anyone notice they were hitting the dam in Queensdale to the west of Shaemoor, with the bloodstone cannons? Entrance to Lake Doric Zone?

Edit: I am directionally challenged apparently ></

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

That’s what I was thinking when I watched the trailer. Let’s hope it’s going to be as epic as it made it look like — looks can be deceiving after all.

Maybe it’s Mr E

We already know that E is Estelle, no? It’s already been uncovered a long time ago, or am I confusing things?

You are confused…

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Not gonna happen, but it would be cool if the gods showed back up at some point now that they’re bombing this entire city devoted to them.

I wonder if when they rebuild it they’ll put in a canthan district.

I can’t say I’m all that stoked about this part of the story compared to possibly revisiting the giant hole in Tangled Depth’s where I assume they were going to put another part of Rata Novus, or Taimi and the elder dragon plot.

Was really hoping for Isle of Janthir or something back in the jungle but I imagine it will be a quick chat with Braham and then the rest will be centered in the new map and Divinity’s Reach.

I wonder if we’ll get that huge undiscovered area at the convergence of td/drytop. I always imagined that to be a cool area filled with old forgotten ruins. And the topography of the painted circle has always intrigued me a lot. Just seems like it would be a really cool place to explore and finish off that part of Tyria.

Then again the area near Timberline Falls is still a giant undiscovered rectangle as well. lol

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

You are confused…

So it hasn’t been revealed yet? Oops, it’s been a while (apparently) since I played Season 2. For some reason, the name Estelle stuck with me.

Ohhh, so excited for S3 Ep.4!

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Guys...! That’s not Estelle... Estelle is wearing a red noble dress with a bobcut hairstyle and she was also arrested in LS2 season.
Why are people confusing Estelle with Lady Wi?

Lady Wi is wearing a green noble dress with a different hairstyle, as you can see in the trailer.
That’s Lady Wi, NOT Estelle!

Don’t forget that Lady Wi and Minister Wi’s daughter is a high-ranked White Mantle mesmer, Lady Valette Wi, who helped Confessor Caudecus escaped.
I hope she’ll return in this episode!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)

in Living World

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thank you I was wondering who the woman was that was threatening “regicide.”

Uhmm Lady Wi is a prominent Whispers Agent. The Order of Whispers is most definitely supportive of Queen Jennah. It would be a story breaking stretch if she tried to kill the Queen.

Mesmerising Girl

in Living World

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Please don’t destroy my hometown, destroy something else… the Sylvari hometown for example.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Lady Wi is a women who is the member of the Order of Whispers and she is a wife of Minister Wi.

Minister Estelle is accused that she is a traitor.

in Living World

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

Please don’t destroy my hometown, destroy something else… the Sylvari hometown for example.

I hope DR gets turned to dust, so all or at least most of the events get located in another city that isn’t that much in the dev focus.

in Living World

Posted by: TripLight.7692

TripLight.7692

At first I wanted to say Made-Over Faren or a Player Character, but maybe the off chance it’s Kyle Meade.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

That already more or less happened at the World Summit, what with the Pale Tree nearly dying and all. Leave us out of your petty bookah squabbling.

On topic : Hmm. Curious if Queensdale or even Divinity’s Reach will change like Kessex Hills did, even temporarily. Recalling the Invasive Weed’s previous invasion of the Crown Pavilion makes me wonder if this is meant to be a better version of that, and if the watchknights will become important again, perhaps to reinforce the city.

Hopefully Lazarus might show up too. While there’s no indication he would, if he plans to make good on his statement of turning the White Mantle to our cause, what better way then to show up and help stop this?

Otherwise, more boring human stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I just hope they don’t end up destroying Divinity’s Reach. It’s by far the prettiest capital city in the game, looking even better than old Lion’s Arch.

in Living World

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Gah man! I’m hyped for this next chapter, but at the same time…DR could be lost. The DR I knew for years….gone.

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

At first I was just happy to see Ep.4, but then…

Something is really weird: on the “official” FB pages of the Shining Blade and the White Mantle were uploaded two posters. But… The Shining Blade uses the White Mantle’s signature quote “obey”, while the White Mantle uses the Shining Blade’s “dismantle”… Is it worth speculation?

(Hopefully I’m right and we can slap Jennah at last!)

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

At first I wanted to say Made-Over Faren or a Player Character, but maybe the off chance it’s Kyle Meade.

No one knows who he is yet. He is s complete mystery

in Living World

Arden.7480

If it would be Kyle Meade and he would be in the Queen’s mansion house, that would mean, that Meade’s are from royal family or something.

I think he is the new minister, but if he is Kyle Meade, that will be really interesting.

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

If it would be Kyle Meade and he would be in the Queen’s mansion house, that would mean, that Meade’s are from royal family or something.

I think he is the new minister, but if he is Kyle Meade, that will be really interesting.

I don’t think the meade’s have much access to the royal advisory at this point, hence kashmere wen’t rogue because her family’s name was dragged through the mud. But I don’t think he’s the new minister either, I mean, he’s a bit young isn’t he? Wouldn’t the minister be a guy with many connections and years of experience? While a noblepass can quite literally be bought, I don’t think you outright buy ministeriality

btw, did you get why I said mystery? mystery, mistery, mister E

in Living World

Donari.5237

The main issue I’d have with him being Mister E is that I remember ANet telling us back when E first showed up that it was someone we already knew. I think they did. Maybe that comment was about our “nemesis,” not that we ever got a nemesis as such. Anyone remember more clearly than me anything about such a comment?

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

The main issue I’d have with him being Mister E is that I remember ANet telling us back when E first showed up that it was someone we already knew. I think they did. Maybe that comment was about our “nemesis,” not that we ever got a nemesis as such. Anyone remember more clearly than me anything about such a comment?

Since it’s a pretty minute detail from LS1, I don’t think they would continue on Mr.E without a proper re-introduction of his ‘character’. I think if we continue with Mr.E now half the playerbase would be confused beyond repair since they never got to play LS1

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Since it’s a pretty minute detail from LS1, I don’t think they would continue on Mr.E without a proper re-introduction of his ‘character’. I think if we continue with Mr.E now half the playerbase would be confused beyond repair since they never got to play LS1

I made a Guild Wars 2 – The Complete Season 1 Movie which has all the cutscenes & lore narrations of what happened from start to finish. It’s about 3hours and 20min long so popcorn is a must!

Here’s the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLmVI5URak

in Living World

Arden.7480

I am worried about one thing, what if these bloodstone bombs are meant to destroy the portals from Ebonhawk and Lion’s Arch… That would mean the end of DR. Without troops, without help from the Lionguards…

Or even worst, they don’t wanna destroy, that would be the sign for separatists… Then the centaurs, White Mantle’s members and separatists… That would mean the end of Kryta…

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I made a Guild Wars 2 – The Complete Season 1 Movie which has all the cutscenes & lore narrations of what happened from start to finish. It’s about 3hours and 20min long so popcorn is a must!

Here’s the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLmVI5URak

I know, I was one of your first backers ^^
I just hope anet will endorse your video as well, otherwise it might’ve been for nothing because newcomers don’t tend to go to the forum much, meaning they’ll not see your video until it’s too late

in Living World

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

so I hope the bosses in that video aren’t raid bosses. as i am allergic to arrogance and elitism. which heavily populate anything labeled raid. is it too much to hope for a new world boss or several?

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

so I hope the bosses in that video aren’t raid bosses. as i am allergic to arrogance and elitism. which heavily populate anything labeled raid. is it too much to hope for a new world boss or several?

you mean the LS1 recap video?
no, the bosses from the raid are something completely unique

in Living World

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

I came in at HoT and missed the destruction/rebuilding of Lion’s Arch. . . honestly kind of hoping for a big shift in the game world like that.

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

At first I was just happy to see Ep.4, but then…

Something is really weird: on the “official” FB pages of the Shining Blade and the White Mantle were uploaded two posters. But… The Shining Blade uses the White Mantle’s signature quote “obey”, while the White Mantle uses the Shining Blade’s “dismantle”… Is it worth speculation?

(Hopefully I’m right and we can slap Jennah at last!)

I just checked those out…

So we are basically going to see another Clinton vs. Trump campaign? Oh Gods, please spare me! Where are the Bernie Sanderses of GW2??

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

Guys…! That’s not Estelle… Estelle is wearing a red noble dress with a bobcut hairstyle and she was also arrested in LS2 season.
Why are people confusing Estelle with Lady Wi?

Lady Wi is wearing a green noble dress with a different hairstyle, as you can see in the trailer.
That’s Lady Wi, NOT Estelle!

True, but if DR gets overrun by the White Mantle, their helpers, including Estelle, who will certainly be freed (as Countess Anise said she would put her to use or something along the lines, so her captivity probably doesn’t include deep, guarded dungeon cells ), will walk again.

However, that woman in the video was definitely Lady Wi.

in Living World

Posted by: papsu.6094

papsu.6094

Jennah thought she was being too smart when she let Cadecaus live after we proved his betrayal earlier in the game. I hope she dies as part of living world

in Living World

Arden.7480

Jennah thought she was being too smart when she let Cadecaus live after we proved his betrayal earlier in the game. I hope she dies as part of living world

We didn’t say this, that was Logan’s theory and Caudecus was Queen’s minister, so how would she kill/arrest/or whatever Caudecus with no proofs and only based on Logan’s insinuations? That would not have a sense. Queen showed as loyal person toward minister, but Caudecus didn’t demonstrate loyalty, so this is not Jennah’s fault, that Caudecus turned into pest.

Your point is based on misunderstanding of the situation in Kryta.

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So this is where they will blow up the watter barrage on DR west side?

Ive been waiting so long to see that happen, since it was suposed to be an event that was discarded.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Donari.5237

I find myself suddenly concerned for tomorrow after this bizarre teaser tweet from Rubi.
https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/828649505658646529

What by all the Six is that???