Episode 5: Flashpoint trailer

in Living World

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

Lazarus is actually SCARLET BRIAR!! You heared it here first!!11!

Sounds legit.

I came here to post the same thing. Scarlet was a puppeteer. The Scarlet that was killed was not really her. Just a puppet that she controlled.

Agreed. I read on Reddit that the last line about “the charade ends here” was not the same voice actor that did Scarlet, but it sure sounds a lot like Scarlet. Seeing Scarlet alive would definitely provoke the response we see from Kas.

in Living World

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Did anyone else actually google “flashpoint”?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashpoint_

There has to be two timelines. My guess is that Lazarus is . . . . . . . Kasmeer. In the future, Kasmeer went back in time to impersonate Lazarus and save the world. What we are seeing in the trailer is “present day” Kasmeer seeing Kasmeer of the future/the Lazarus impersonator for the first time.

Did you google the definition?

Flashpoint – a point, place, or situation in which sudden anger or violence could happen

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

It cant be

kk, but where’s a hiccup?!? I am really disappointed

No more Kasmeer’s hiccuping? Pls it cant be true..

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It cant be

We haven’t gone back to a lot of that stuff – the hiccupping, the reading minds…

..yet

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

People expect Scarlet but it is Dio!

in Living World

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

There has to be two timelines. My guess is that Lazarus is . . . . . . . Kasmeer. In the future, Kasmeer went back in time to impersonate Lazarus and save the world. What we are seeing in the trailer is “present day” Kasmeer seeing Kasmeer of the future/the Lazarus impersonator for the first time.

But if that is true then does the mean that there will be a new 52?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_52

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

but did anybody expect..
THE SPANISH INQUISITION

in Living World

Posted by: Smooticus.2854

Smooticus.2854

I think the voice at the end sounded like Jennah, she certainly is powerful enough to unmask Laz

Smooticus – Charr Engineer
Kaineng

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’m kind of wondering if Kasmeer is the one that unmasks Laz though. If the purple aura around him isn’t so much his Mesmer illusion as much as it is Kasmeer using one of her Mesmer abilities to reveal the true identity with her “true sight” or ability at least to tell when someone is lying.

I posted in the other thread, but I’ll share it here as well.

What if Lazarus isn’t bad, but is actually just Anise in disguise. And what if Anise is actually Livia.

During the making of H.O.P.E. we get a soul battery from Anise, and why would Anise have such an object? It would make sense if Anise and Livia were the same person as Livia had interaction with Gadd, the asura that was experimenting on the dead seer and trying to combine necromancy/souls and golemns.

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

I’m just trying to find the most logical solution for why Kasmeer is so involved with the potential reveal of Lazarus, and why she is so shocked.

While also considering who would be powerful enough to absorb a bloodstone blast. While Livia may not be the most powerful character historically, she is still the biggest lead for where the Scepter of Orr is, and would an object that powerful not have the ability to absorb bloodstone?

No clue.

It may all be one huge stretch, but the more I look into various points, the more it adds up for me.

Can’t wait till next Tuesday though, that’s for sure.

in Living World

Posted by: lordpathos.1425

lordpathos.1425

It’s Scarlet Briar.

in Living World

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Plot twist it was Scarlet watching us from the shadows.

If it’s not Scarlet it might be Anise and we might find out who Anise really is maybe Livia?

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

As a long time Star Trek and Back to the Future fan, I can tell you that’s rather unlikely, heh. If they were to meet each other, the space-time-continuum would be at risk to collapse or it would at least screw up the timeline(s) beyond repair.

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

Furthermore, if Anise is Livia and Livia is Lazarus, the scepter being described at least on the wiki has having the power of the “mind world” whatever that means, would potentially open up the possibility of Lazarus’s illusion simply manifesting from the power of the scepter, and Marjory having discussed previously that Lazarus being of interest because of his having “touched death” or what have you in one of the episodes, could be because she senses that Lazarus is really Livia who is also a necromancer.

in Living World

Posted by: Samarak.7519

Samarak.7519

I’m going to reiterate my love of the return of Guild Wars style cinematics!

The “face-to-face” style was way overused, and it lacked the action that guild wars 1 missions had.

Please keep the cinematics coming team!

It just feels more worthy of watching now!

Loving the game, thanks Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Samarak.7519

Samarak.7519

Lazarus is actually SCARLET BRIAR!! You heared it here first!!11!

Sounds legit.

I came here to post the same thing. Scarlet was a puppeteer. The Scarlet that was killed was not really her. Just a puppet that she controlled.

Agreed. I read on Reddit that the last line about “the charade ends here” was not the same voice actor that did Scarlet, but it sure sounds a lot like Scarlet. Seeing Scarlet alive would definitely provoke the response we see from Kas.

I don’t know if you can use voice actors as reasoning. I mean was I the only one cringing when listening to Valette Wi and then Taimi seconds later? She does other characters too, but they needed to do something more to differentiate those 2 voices by the same actress.

Loving the game, thanks Anet.

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

Further leading me to the discussion about Livia/Anise the soul battery, and Gadd who was Vekk’s father.

But great addition to the thread. Also further making me believe that we’re going deeper into Rata Novus and possibly finding this Quora Sum.

There’s still that huge gaping hole in Tangled Depths behind Rata Novus that’s been unfinished this whole expansion. It’s possible that could be either more of Rata Novus or Quora Sum, and lead into the next map.

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

wait, so the asura thing is possible?!

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

No. lol Gadd was an asura that was experimenting with souls and golemns, and is Vekk’s father, who was at the Quora Sum area when escaping with Ogden during a Primordus attack.

in Living World

Posted by: armaduras.8972

armaduras.8972

Fools! “WITH EVERY DEATH, DHUUM GROWS STRONGER!”
“HOW CAN YOU HOPE TO VANQUISH DEATH ITSELF?”
“PATHETIC MORTAL! THE VOID BECKONS!”

Feel the Flames of Balthazar; Bask in the ever-presence of his glory!
Gilded Grimoire[MAGI]. Casual Guild www.gw2magi.com

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

well someones excited lul

in Living World

Posted by: Zatumushgir.9254

Zatumushgir.9254

What I want to know (and what no one is talking about) is why is Evon Gnashblade in the trailer? You can hear him laugh at : 31 – 32 and you see him at :40.

in Living World

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

It cant be

Why do you think she acted so horrified?
It’s because he said “No, I… am your father.”

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

OMG if Lazarus is actually a human god… It would be sooooooooo cool

A human god would never take so much interest in humans.

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

OMG if Lazarus is actually a human god… It would be sooooooooo cool

A human god would never take so much interest in humans.

Minus the whole Abaddon thing.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

well someones excited lul

Yup! I genuinely love the story in GW2 and am always excited at the chance to continue it further.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

There’s still that huge gaping hole in Tangled Depths behind Rata Novus that’s been unfinished this whole expansion. It’s possible that could be either more of Rata Novus or Quora Sum, and lead into the next map.

There’s a fair chunk of river in the space between Tangled Depths and Metrica Province, too, which would fit the sub scene from the trailer – not to mention the terrain looks the part. It’d make a lot of sense if that’s where the new map slots in.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

All you guys got it totally wrong…

I bet Kas is mesmer-magicking Lazarus and then an axe breaks through his chest from the inside and this lovely fella emerges…

“No! It can’t be!”

Attachments:

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Quora Novus?! Niiice.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

I made a post about Lazarus being Palawa Joko before, but honestly I don’t know. I saw speculation about him being Khilbron based on him dying on a Bloodstone, which shored up some things that felt contrived if it was Joko, but neither of them really feel like they’d have impact here.

The thing is, I’m not sure if we can use Kasmeer’s reaction. It’s exactly the kind of fake-out line that trailer’s love, and she could be talking about something completely different than Lazarus’ identity.

in Living World

Arden.7480

We don’t know she reacts about Lazarus. It’s most likely, but we have not any proofs until we will get an episode 5 and we’ll be able to find out who Lazarus is.

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Lazarus is actually Rytlock. Think about it! We’ve never seen them in the same place, Rytlock made a convenient exit just before we went to Bloodstone Fen and saw Lazarus, and we haven’t heard even a peep from Rytlock of the Black Citadel!

Heard it here first kids, I accept tithes in the form of precursors and black lion key gifts

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I wonder if that map is the Ullen River?

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

What if Lazarus is a quaggan?

in Living World

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

What I want to know (and what no one is talking about) is why is Evon Gnashblade in the trailer? You can hear him laugh at : 31 – 32 and you see him at :40.

I think that’s Lazarus laughing (because immediately afterwards they show Lazarus with the mesmerish aura). I could be wrong.

Also, Evon Gnashblade both has darker fur around his face AND has differently shaped horns than that guy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evon_Gnashblade

Compare the picture there to the charr at that moment. They’re two different characters. This is not Evon Gnashblade in the trailer.

in Living World

Arden.7480

I’ve never seen this charr, perhaps he is just simple soldier.

In the previous trailer we saw the weird blondy man, who was saying “this is a moment in life” etc etc.

So perhaps he is:
1)one of soldiers
2)player character
3)someone unknown (I doubt it)

in Living World

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Gnashblade’s eyes aren’t green on the picture, too.

in Living World

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

I think the voice at the end sounded like Jennah, she certainly is powerful enough to unmask Laz

People on reddit said it’s the Jennifer Hale who voiced both Jennah and female Syvari PC, so it can be either of them, especially if ANet uses every PC voice among their trailers.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Lazarus is actually Rytlock. Think about it! We’ve never seen them in the same place, Rytlock made a convenient exit just before we went to Bloodstone Fen and saw Lazarus, and we haven’t heard even a peep from Rytlock of the Black Citadel!

Heard it here first kids, I accept tithes in the form of precursors and black lion key gifts

I know you’re joking, but Rytlock is on the ship when the Bloodstone exploded (“We’re not flying into that scramble, are we?”) and is present for the Confessor’s Stronghold instance where Lazarus first showed, making comments about what a mursaat might consider to be noble.

It’s actually a little weird, in hindsight, that he’s not in the Shadow’s Deeds instance, since there’s actually no indication of him leaving the PC between Research in Rata Nous and his arrest in Ep2.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

So everyone looked for the definition for Flashpoint but did anyone try looking for the definition for “penultimate”?

Just in case you were wondering:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penultimate
Definition of penultimate
1: next to the last the penultimate chapter of a book
2: of or relating to the next to the last syllable of a word a penultimate accent

So only one more chapter after the May 2nd …….. Wonder what’s next after that? Another season or ?

in Living World

Arden.7480

It’s confirmed that LS3 contains 6 episodes. Now we will have 5th, then the Finale of LS3 and then an announcement for Expansion 2.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So everyone looked for the definition for Flashpoint but did anyone try looking for the definition for “penultimate”?

Just in case you were wondering:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penultimate
Definition of penultimate
1: next to the last the penultimate chapter of a book
2: of or relating to the next to the last syllable of a word a penultimate accent

So only one more chapter after the May 2nd …….. Wonder what’s next after that? Another season or ?

yes, I’m pretty sure everyone knows that

After that is propably a long drought with an anouncement later

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

We don’t even have to interpret “penultimate” here (clear though the word is). If you watch to the end of the trailer, you see:

Attachments: