Episode 5, first thoughts (no spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

I have to say, after completing the story and getting map completion, I really liked this episode.

The new travel-mastery is very cool and nicely implemented.

The story is … shocking in its implications. I saw some of the leaks (or should I say “leaks”) and was not expecting the Lazarus identity. Will discuss after a few days, maybe, but not today. Do not want to ruin it for anyone … but it looks like we are in for a wild ride in Episode 6 and the assumed expansion.

The final fight in the story was very nicely implemented, and nowhere near as rough as the analogous Episode 4 fight. I rather liked the way it was done.

My first impressions are this is my favourite episode from Living World Season 3, and I have not disliked any of them so far, it’s just that this one is really well done in my opinion.

If you wish to discuss, please no spoilers until the weekend.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I loved all of it, although the “reveal” was contrived and seemed to ignore lots of its own set up, the potential in story is excellent moving forward. They just need to get better with continuity.

The map is excellent, one of my favourites. As for the final fight, it’s mechanically excellent again in probably the best backdrop of any story boss fight in GW2. My main complaint was that there was so much was going on, I had trouble seeing my target reticle and it wasn’t entirely well explained. The difficulty felt well tuned mechanically though.

in Living World

Posted by: daydreamer.3092

daydreamer.3092

i do like the map too and the narrative of the story is ok imho, but the problem is…
…the story was ridiculously easy, it doesnt feel like fighting gods or dragons

instead i got bored and regressed to autoattack while listening to other stuff.
please change this anet. make us feel to be important. in this story line lord faren would be sufficient

in Living World

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

“…the story was ridiculously easy, it doesnt feel like fighting gods or dragons”
Well… you weren’t fightingh gods and dragons! But yes, it was – for me – easier than previous LS’. I actually died once in a burning stack due to being a bit too careless.

As for the LS itself: I don’t know but maybe it was due to my tiredness but it felt slow. Moving around, and the LS story went on rather too fast or my mind was playing tricks on me. I didn’t have enough mastery points around for the new one as I have never actively farmed them, once I was done with the ones I deemed as “important.” But before I’m misunderstood, I need to replay it at another time. I get the ugly feeling that this was “just” another chapter to create drama for the sake of drama (which I hate). First the internal drama about Dragon Watch, then DDD (Double Dragon Disaster), and now probably the normal “population” in uproar/anxiety about the PC due to the current mess-up. Again, not saying that my gut-feeling is any accurate or so and a case where I’d love to be wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: Akame.8736

Akame.8736

This was, by far, my favorite episode of LS3…. favorite map of LS3… favorite new mastery… and most FUN final “boss” fight of ANY story instance. Massive props to ANet for this one! Can’t wait to see what they have in store for us in the final episode.

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

First story instance? “This was actually kinda fun, given how much I don’t like the NPCs involved.”

The new map? “Please don’t let this be another Tangled Depths. Nice variety of enemies, though. And druids are neat.”

The new mastery? “WHEEEE!” (Giving me mobility instantly makes me a happy player. :p)

The diving goggles? “Wow this is a long way down … ow ow ow why am I oh I’m dead. Ooh, achievement.” This one is going to take a few tries, I bet.

Final story instance? “Eff off Taimi I swear I have had it up to HERE with asura-ex-machinas. Really pretty graphics, though. Wait, is that big crudely-textured rock supposed to be the big P? And it just buggers off? Elder Dragons keep getting more unimpressive, that’s a bloody shame.”

and now probably the normal “population” in uproar/anxiety about the PC due to the current mess-up.

That’s what sylvari players thought after LS2 and HoT, but nothing came of it, sadly. No suspicions or hostilities from anyone beyond the new maps themselves, no chance to ask Mama Tree what the hell she was thinking when she kept this from us and let the Pact run to its doom without a warning. I wish the writers did focus more on consequences and tying up story arcs instead of just adding new loose ends.

If this does end up making waves both among the humans and between humans and the other cultures, I’ll be duly impressed (and a little jealous because I’m still craving for resolution for the HoT themes).