Every Patch Should Be An Election

in Living World

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

The Election patch was the most memorable storywise because it mobilized the playerbase to become connected to what was happening.

And they did this because they were able to make a choice. Kiel or Gnashblade.

Every patch should make use of this.

For example: Flame and Frost- Choose between Dredge and Flame Legion, who is least to blame? If Dredge win, CoF gets attacked and the entrance is changed forever. No actual content changes. If Flame Legion win then a few dredge caves are obliterated and random wildlife replaces dredge spawns.

Those who voted for FL get a Flame Legion mini. Those who voted Dredge get a Dredge mini.

Return to Southsun- Consortium or Refugees.

2nd Halloween- Mad King or Bloody Prince.

Doing this would encourage players to think about the nuances of the story as presented. Instead of “refugees good, consortium bad” you’d actually have liking the Consortium be a valid option, and that would put Kiel’s actions in a completely different light.

Right now the Living Story is a sequence of events. You run through them, get the meta, and then forget them.

I remember the election. I remember who I voted for and why. Giving players choice enhances entertainment by making them engaged with what is happening beyond how to kill the next pack of mobs.

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I …
erf …
no, I can not manage to be okay with it ^ ^ ’

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Living World

Risingashes.8694

I …
erf …
no, I can not manage to be okay with it ^ ^ ’

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I do not know, I resented the war Evon / kiel … How to explain … I lack the words.
I had wrong to argue in English … I can not argue in English, my feelings.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Living World

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

And divide the community every two weeks? Pour the oil into “fake vote” theory machine? No, tyvm.
We could have Abaddon, and now we have more Scarlet…
Oops. Sorry.

in Living World

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Content is started 4 months before it is released. This makes it impossible for a vote every 2 weeks unless they make 2 versions of every release. It also was said it divides the community greatly. That being said I would also like more votes but I imagine it is very difficult for Anet to do

in Living World

Risingashes.8694

Content is started 4 months before it is released. This makes it impossible for a vote every 2 weeks unless they make 2 versions of every release. It also was said it divides the community greatly. That being said I would also like more votes but I imagine it is very difficult for Anet to do

Good job on reading the title and not what was actually written.