Everyone hated Liadri

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Just remember that. Nobody liked Liadri. All I ever saw was cursing and cussing and yelling and screaming in map chat. Lots of profanity and insults directed towards Arena and whoever made Liadri.

Remember that.

Are you Shpongled?

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

And you can see that seething hatred on display in the Liadri mini that people who beat her hate displaying.

I think what caused most of the cursing was failure caused by a zerg below someone fighting Liadri to drop their frame rate to something below what’s required to see Liadri’s tells.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/More-Bosses-like-liadri-please/first#post4029962

No, I love she. And yes, a lot more ppl love too. Don’t make YOUR opinion, the “Everyone opinion” .

If you dislike it, don’t do it. A lot of ppl love it, let they have it. Stop crying because you can’t do hard content.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Denovean.2785

Denovean.2785

I liked Liadri. I liked her a lot., does that mean I’m not everyone? And I remember you posting in the Queen’s Jubilee section of the forums about boycotting Liadri and some other nonsense like making the next pavillion underwater. Hah imagine that.

Here it is: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Boycott-Liadri

Mr. Shpongle, leave the forums every once in a while and stop holding grudges against content that you can easily chose to not play.

:-}

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I loved the liadri fight. I thought she was a great npc, and would like to hear many of the contestants backstories and see them in future living story developments.
and Denovean, if underwater combat was ever tweaked to be more fluid and had some balance changes, an underwater pavilion thing would be interesting, probably even fun.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Liadri represented everything wrong with GW2 combat. I beat her, but it was more overcoming the horrible camera, bugs, etc, than actually beating her. What a horrendous fight…

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Underwater arena? I guess Necromancers and Rangers would like it

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Liadri was ok. The camera collision to the dome and the almost invisible AoE circles were not.

Fix those two and I’ll take on Liadri again any time.

One – Piken Square

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I didn’t. The most amazing fight in GW2 (for me)
Look at my signature, lol

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Shpongie does my mini Liadri make you sad. I personally found her one of the most enjoyable fights in the game BECAUSE she caused so much hatred and a feeling of accomplishment once she was face down in that bloody arena

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s called vocal minority. The people who hate her and have a hard time beating her will complain on the forums. While the people who actually like her are busy playing the game and getting their Liadri miniature.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I liked Liadri. Everyone did you say?

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

It’s called vocal minority. The people who hate her and have a hard time beating her will complain on the forums. While the people who actually like her are busy playing the game and getting their Liadri miniature.

The notion that there are more complaints than praise on the forums says nothing about minority or majority, it’s just the nature of whether players are playing the game or not. Players who aren’t content with the game complain on the forums, being vocal, and players who are content play the game, being just as vocal in that they’re playing the game. Adding “minority” or “majority” to that needs comparative evidence.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

The notion that there are more complaints than praise on the forums says nothing about minority or majority, it’s just the nature of whether players are playing the game or not. Players who aren’t content with the game complain on the forums, being vocal, and players who are content play the game, being just as vocal in that they’re playing the game. Adding “minority” or “majority” to that needs comparative evidence.

Believe it or not but Vocal minority is a thing.
And there certainly isn’t an equal amount of praise and complaints on this forum. People who are content are a lot less vocal than people who are not, it’s just human nature.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

And there certainly isn’t an equal amount of praise and complaints on this forum. People who are content are a lot less vocal then people who are not, it’s just human nature.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I didn’t say there were equal amounts of praise and complaints. I said that people who aren’t content with the game complain on the forums, and players who are content with the game play the game.

Because of that, there’s a tendency for there to be more complaints than praise on the forums. But to say the minority of players don’t like Liadri based on the forums alone or the fact that “vocal minority” has a ring to it isn’t accurate. You’d have to compare how many people are attempting the Liadri fight vs. how many complaints about Liadri are on the forums, one method or another.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

And there certainly isn’t an equal amount of praise and complaints on this forum. People who are content are a lot less vocal then people who are not, it’s just human nature.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I didn’t say there were equal amounts of praise and complaints. I said that people who aren’t content with the game complain on the forums, and players who are content with the game play the game.

Because of that, there’s a tendency for there to be more complaints than praise on the forums. But to say the minority of players don’t like Liadri based on the forums alone or the fact that “vocal minority” has a ring to it isn’t accurate. You’d have to compare how many people are attempting the Liadri fight vs. how many complaints about Liadri are on the forums, one method or another.

Ah I see. With that I can agree.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Clearly I’m not everyone.
I thought she was a great challenge, yes, I cursed over my own failed attempts, but I was so happy when I finally beat her.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Stop complaining ,this is why we can´t have nice hardcore content.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I liked the fight, I hated the camera zoom and them dome in genera.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Hardcore content is fine. Buggy, laggy, horrible camera and gimmicky content is not.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The fight was great! The systems around the fight (camera, laggy item pickup and that stupid screen blur effect) were not.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

people don´t have anything against hard fights. Fights they lose are not hard, they are annoying, unfair and cheap.

Oh, it makes me dream of that mystical land of hard. What magical and elusive bosses must be living there?

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I enjoyed the hours she spent killing me last year. I look forward to fighting her again.

With or without any changes to the encounter, I will still choose to play it and enjoy it.

Teh Ouchies

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

I absolutely LOVED Liadri!
Granted, she could have had some minor tweaks, i generally just got around the visual parts by lowering my graphical setting to basically minimum. Helped alot.

Also, if they add more bosses like her into dungeons, bosses with tells, real mechanics and cool effects it would be amazing.

Inb4 “omfg this boss is so hard, NERF IT SO I CAN DO IT!” <- No. Try harder.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I liked the concept, but was among the players whose setup simply couldn’t cope with the zerg below and maintain framerate. I’m really hoping for an instancing option this time around. Or at least making upstairs and downstairs separate maps somehow.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Just remember that.

I was Shpongled, but then I beat Liadri and the skies parted and I saw a beautiful place. I was no longer Shpongled.

Remember that.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Saying “everyone” hated Liadri is of course going to bring people out that will post just to disagree with you.

Having beat her. The gauntlet concept was great. Laidri however was the laziest boss ever created. It wasn’t her that was hard, it was the 1 hit environment hazard completely independent of the NPC bosses actions that was hard. You can add that to any of the bosses and have the same “hardcore” boss fight.

It looks like to me some dev created her, thought to himself that she needed to have a high fail rate for the sake of having one, and couldn’t think of anything but to add raining 1 hit kills. This didn’t do anything in the term of difficulty except it making you have to wait and repeat if over and over until you got the dance right.

There was nothing “hardcore” about this boss as raining 1 hit kills didn’t require critical thinking to counter. It was simply something that had to be repeated until you were able to complete despite the fact.

While there is nothing wrong with having enjoyed Liadri. I think as a community we should demand more captivating content that requires critical thinking and strategy before calling it challenging or hardcore. 1 hit mechanics are a really lazy and dull way to increase failure rates.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Dev 1: - Ouch, look at this post!
Dev 2: - Oh dear! Everyone hated Liadri!
Dev 1: - But we’re rolling out tomorrow… Can we?
Dev 2: - Well, we got no choice… [presses DEL on Liadri event]

20 level 80s and counting.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: SeeMuh.1907

SeeMuh.1907

Hi,
i have to say i srsly liked Liadri, because it was challenging solo-content which is something i really miss in GW2 as someone who likes to play solo.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Pro-tip:

Buy dodge food, as it will help you a lot

Self-disclosure: I have large stocks of dodge food and material mats, so I have a self interest to push this tip

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Loved the fight, going to do it again.

It can be done without food and other buffs for the jump right in kind of people but the rest do help.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Just remember that. Nobody liked Liadri. All I ever saw was cursing and cussing and yelling and screaming in map chat. Lots of profanity and insults directed towards Arena and whoever made Liadri.

Remember that.

My very existence disproves your claim and thus kills your argument.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Took me quite a long time to kill Liadri, but there were moments of madness where I actually quite enjoyed it.

What’s worse, is i’m colour blind. I could barely see the AoE markers..

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: EnjoyTheLegend.4570

EnjoyTheLegend.4570

actually i liked her a lot. very challenging enemy, took me like 3 hours to beat her

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I loved Liadri, I got all achievements. playing on low setting, on a laptop, from EU on NA server.
So don’t make these excuses of lag or camera.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I cursed about Liadri, but she was still an excellent boss. The whole gauntlet was in fact. I also remember many saying the same.

So not “everyone” at all. Plenty had high opinions of her, she just wasn’t for everyone’s tastes.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I loved Liadri, I got all achievements. playing on low setting, on a laptop, from EU on NA server.
So don’t make these excuses of lag or camera.

Eh, the camera is a legit complaint.

Though I’m hearing the glass domes have been removed? So that will no longer be a legit excuse if true.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Remember that.

Well, I did like her.
Despite the unbearable camera and the incredibly low fps caused by the casual fruitcakes zerging under my feet.
I guess I’m not the “everyone” you’re talking about.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Ya left out trouble hitting the Sucky In Orbs with some ranged attacks.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

well now we have Ascended armors! Time for a rematch

R.I.P Kumu <3

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I liked her after I beat her. heh heh heh.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

lol BS. A lot of people liked Liadri, they hated the camera angles. It was a fight that guild wars long deserved. We’ll continue to ask for hard fights whether you want them or not.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

I wasn’t able to beat her last time around, but I still like her, because I appreciate hard content that isn’t zerg oriented, and I think we need more of it. I’m so glad she’s back so I can keep trying for that mini!

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Liadri was ok. The camera collision to the dome and the almost invisible AoE circles were not.

All it takes is for me to go through this once and i never go back for more. I don’t mind a tough fight be she is just rediculous to deal with solo. And i don’t see much interesting for me in this new event.

Everyone hated Liadri

in Living World

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

All it takes is for me to go through this once and i never go back for more. I don’t mind a tough fight be she is just rediculous to deal with solo. And i don’t see much interesting for me in this new event.

It took me 5 attempts to kill her. 3 of those were actually figuring out how to do phase 1.

It’s not ridiculous. It’s actually incredibly simple mechanically. The only hard part about the fight is phase 2 damage, which is just a numbers game.