Evon Gnashblade - Hero of Maguuma

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to log in and experience this new content, I’m obligated to extend my thanks to the great Evon Gnashblade for providing us with that “anonymous” mail. With his deep connections, he’s able to not only sell us epic gear in his store, but to also lead us to where are next adventure is. In short, if Evon didn’t send us that mail, we players would have never gotten to play on that new map. Also, with his help, we’re able to assist the Zephyrites in their time of need after being attacked by Ellen Kiel.

So I offer my 3 cheers to Hero of Lion’s Arch, an proclaim his new title to be Hero of Maguuma.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: Ranosh.5362

Ranosh.5362

So was it Evon?
If yes I was so kittening right

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

“Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our great saviour and Hero of Tyria, Evon Gnashblade?”

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

Evon is “Mister E”, or “E”, or “Mystery”. So let it be written, so let it be told.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

If I was a woman, and a Charr, and unmarried, and a fictional character, I would totally have Evon’s babies.

But I’m not, so we’ll just have to settle for some freaky mind stuff.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

If I was a woman, and a Charr, and unmarried, and a fictional character, I would totally have Evon’s babies.

But I’m not, so we’ll just have to settle for some freaky mind stuff.

It’s completely ok to have these thoughts. When someone of Evon’s character and charisma comes along, one can’t help but be awestruck in his presence. If you look of the word “Hero” in the Tyrian dictionary, you’ll have Evon’s face as the description.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

E is Evennia

Livia was last seen with the Scepter of Orr during the end of EOTN. Though little is known about the scepter’s power, we do know that it, like presumably any of its sister items can compel titans, but more importantly, control the souls of the dead. It’s last known holder, Livia, was a member of the Shining Blade alongside Evennia. no record of Evennia or Livia’s death exists. The Shining blade of today is the continuation of the shining blade of old, but certain persons who have firsthand experience with global-level threats like the mursaat, titans, and the dragons may very well have splintered off. These would most likely include both Evennia and Livia, and with their respective talents and the acquisition of the scepter could easily be alive to this day, having quietly engineered tyria’s security from an as yet unknown number of threats to this day, possibly including the human “gods” and any number of other beings from other parts of the mists.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

How anyone can listen to Evon’s ambient dialogue in Vigil Keep after Scarlett attacked Lion’s Arch, and still think Evon is a nice guy is beyond me. The guy is terribly greedy, only thinks about himself, and has no regard for his fellow citizens.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Now this propaganda starts again…

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

How anyone can listen to Evon’s ambient dialogue in Vigil Keep after Scarlett attacked Lion’s Arch, and still think Evon is a nice guy is beyond me. The guy is terribly greedy, only thinks about himself, and has no regard for his fellow citizens.

1 – It’s thanks to him and his goods that we were able to defeat Scarlet. He provided the Lionguard with their equipment.

2 – Evon tried to warn the Captain’s Council, but no one listen to him. If he were elected last year, Lion’s Arch would have had air defenses. The citizens were slaughtered thanks to Kiel. Your friends, your family, all gone. And this is mostly because more players wanted to temporarily save a few silver on WP costs…

in Living World

PopeUrban.2578

1 – It’s thanks to him and his goods that we were able to defeat Scarlet. He provided the Lionguard with their equipment.

He was forced to do so by the Lionguard. Or be executed.

2 – Evon tried to warn the Captain’s Council, but no one listen to him. If he were elected last year, Lion’s Arch would have had air defenses. The citizens were slaughtered thanks to Kiel. Your friends, your family, all gone. And this is mostly because more players wanted to temporarily save a few silver on WP costs…

To protect his profit margin. Mind you he was in the first group of refugees to flee. Kiel fought on the breachmaker. Hobo-Tron has done more for the people of LA than Evon Gnashblade.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

To protect his profit margin. Mind you he was in the first group of refugees to flee. Kiel fought on the breachmaker. Hobo-Tron has done more for the people of LA than Evon Gnashblade.

You say flee I say selflessly aiding in the evacuation, scouting the area ahead to ensure no danger would befall the civilians!

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Eight ball, in the back pocket

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

You say flee I say selflessly aiding in the evacuation, scouting the area ahead to ensure no danger would befall the civilians!

Yes, making sure no danger would befall the civilians by leaving them in his dust in the middle of the ruined gate hub!

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

That’s typical Evon. Always looking out for the good citizens of Lion’s Arch! This is expected of an honorable charr such as himself.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes a drink

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

If Kiel walked up to you saying give all your gold for the war effort you would be kittened too.

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Wait, so your saying Anet would have scrapped an entire boss fight and an event if it was a separate person. Why wouldn’t the council have flipped Evon the bird if he was on it aswell? Hell he’s not even in the same species as half of them.

On top of that, conversations with Keil before the attack on LA said she was quite worried too but the council would not listen.

Sounds like a council issue not a Keil issue

And the only reason he supplied the lion guard was so he could secure his own assets in the city. Hell he was even forced to do it ala the conversion at vigil keep where they straight TOLD him he needed to donate supplies.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Wait, so your saying Anet would have scrapped an entire boss fight and an event if it was a separate person. Why wouldn’t the council have flipped Evon the bird if he was on it aswell? Hell he’s not even in the same species as half of them.

On top of that, conversations with Keil before the attack on LA said she was quite worried too but the council would not listen.

Sounds like a council issue not a Keil issue

And the only reason he supplied the lion guard was so he could secure his own assets in the city. Hell he was even forced to do it ala the conversion at vigil keep where they straight TOLD him he needed to donate supplies.

I think he is just saying we would have had antiair cannons and shooting down aitherblade ships before they released the gas bomb that killed/ chased everyone out

in Living World

Kalavier.1097

I think he is just saying we would have had antiair cannons and shooting down aitherblade ships before they released the gas bomb that killed/ chased everyone out

Fun facts.

A: The aetherblade airships were low enough they’d have crashed into the city, meaning their cannon ammo and any miasma bombs would be landing in the middle of the city and scattered in the rubble.
B: The Aetherblades only released a third of the miasma. Anti Air cannons mean nothing when the Molten Alliance appear in the middle of the fort and toxic alliance swim out of the waters.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

And who tried to rob him blind and/or execute him? Oh right, Kiel. She couldn’t even arm her own soldiers, and had to extort Evon. Not to mention she went on vacation during this time. No candidate is clean here.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And who tried to rob him blind and/or execute him? Oh right, Kiel.

I want to add something to this here. Kiel didn’t draft just Evon, she drafted the ENTIRE Black Lion Trading Company and all the people working for it. Every last one of them was under threat of execution if they didn’t do as the Lionguard said. And had Evon refused, they would have been at even greater risk.

Many of the people in the BLTC are not warriors. They’re just what they claim to be, merchants. Yes, I’m sure there’s exceptions, skilled and brave people within their ranks, but most are likely to be just normal people doing a job.

In the real world, this would be the same as there being some big crisis, and the government goes to the headquarters of Wal-Mart and informs them that everyone in the company is now drafted and must do as ordered. And then, demands supplies.

I understand why she did it, but I do hope she has to answer for it some day.

As for “Mister” E.? I think that will turn out to be C*e*ara.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

“Mister E” is a male. A male charr. One that protects the citizens from the shadows. All indicators point towards the heroic Evon Gnashblade.

in Living World

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/E

Wiki says E may not even be male after all. When did Kasmeer say this?

For all we know, E could be a group of individuals like Anonymous.

in Living World

Kalavier.1097

And who tried to rob him blind and/or execute him? Oh right, Kiel. She couldn’t even arm her own soldiers, and had to extort Evon. Not to mention she went on vacation during this time. No candidate is clean here.

Yep, she took a vacation to the planning room, and then back into LA to fight for it’s freedom and survival. Meanwhile Gnashblade sat on his butt complaining about them instead of doing anything.

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Lets start an Evon zerg.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to log in and experience this new content, I’m obligated to extend my thanks to the great Evon Gnashblade for providing us with that “anonymous” mail. With his deep connections, he’s able to not only sell us epic gear in his store, but to also lead us to where are next adventure is. In short, if Evon didn’t send us that mail, we players would have never gotten to play on that new map. Also, with his help, we’re able to assist the Zephyrites in their time of need after being attacked by Ellen Kiel.

So I offer my 3 cheers to Hero of Lion’s Arch, an proclaim his new title to be Hero of Maguuma.

you know you’re gonna get yelled at again, I presume, lol!

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

Good man, good pirate.

/jacksparrow

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

Yep, she took a vacation to the planning room, and then back into LA to fight for it’s freedom and survival. Meanwhile Gnashblade sat on his butt complaining about them instead of doing anything.

To be fair, he DID go through the asura gate first to ensure it didn’t malfunction on the refugees fleeing the city… and sure enough, it malfunctioned. That took guts.

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

A vote for kiel is a vote for dead zephyrites!

You shoulda voted Evon when you had the chance.

in Living World

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

I wonder if Kiel had been male would he still get bashed.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Kiel WAS male! His name was Elim.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/Zephyr-airship-Kiel-s-doing/page/2#post4158831

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Actually, it has nothing to do with Kiel, the story, or Evon. These snowflakes are just trying to promote an ideology. Evon just happens to be the closest NPC representative of what they wish to promote. When they kill him off and replace him with someone from the consortium, they’ll just start worshiping whomever that NPC next.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Lol cow worshippers try to get some praise for traitor Evon. He showed his true colours in LA battle. He should be executed like a cowardly traitorous animal he is.

in Living World

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

he did run in lions arch like a kitten

in Living World

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I still can’t beleave you guys voted for thamnova over fall of abbadon /facepalm.

-Ironcurtain

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I still can’t beleave you guys voted for thamnova over fall of abbadon /facepalm.

I still can’t believe you wanted to see Scarlet on the Fall of Abaddon, because yes they would had introduced her in there somehow /facepalm

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s rumors flying around that they’re going to kill off Evon Gnashblade this season. Something about a bunch of llamas.

Obviously speculation based on no evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

yeah and it may have actually been a lot more interesting than thamnova. The fractals are like a simulation anyways Right ? So if she showed up there considering people are talking now about the realm of torment drawing maybee the story overall would of been better fleshed out. but thats ok you got your cheap WP for four weeks.

-Ironcurtain

in Living World

PopeUrban.2578

There’s obviously only one way to settle this. I think I finally figured out why the game is called guild wars 2. We’re long overdue for a massive sociopolitical time of unrest.

Let’s just wrap it up before the dragons arrive.

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Lord Faren is E, as the reddit community has clearly proven with facts about reasons.

Therefore he is Lord Faren, the Italian Stallion, the Master of Disaster, the Breaker of Chains, the Unburned and the Hero of Maguuma.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Evon voters are just as sexist as Kiel voters are racist. Trying to insult the character of someone for not liking the character you like is really, really low.

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

You’re wrong. We dislike Kiel not because she’s a woman, but because she’s evil. Ask Isaiah Cartwright. In a livestream on December 13, 2013, he said, and I quote " “I am still convinced that Kiel is the center of all the badness in the world.” Coming from Anet, we must take his feelings to heart. People know that Evon is the hero we all deserve.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

E is human. Male. Yeah… Not Evon.

It’s clearly Edair.

Or Faren.

Or most likely, imo, the Master of Peace. Yus.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Smooth Penguin.5294

E is for Evon, that’s good enough for me. Oh Evon Evon Evon starts with E.