Exciting? Yes! Memorable? Maybe...

in Living World

Posted by: sjatzkov braskav.3689

sjatzkov braskav.3689

So Flame and Frost retribution was in my opinion GREAT. For something that has been put together for just that 1 month I enjoyed it very much. The story of Dredge (former slaves) and Flame Legion (oppressors) was a bit unexpected and odd for me but the dead drops showed that most of the Molten dredge and charr didn’t feel good about it either. The Wayfarer Foothills are back to normal (except for Cragstead and some remains of what has been a campfire)

Nothing that actaully changed the Wayfarer Foothills in any “big” way. I would have loved to see the former weapon facility become a hole in the ground with destroyers in it with a heart “quest” and maybe an event or two tied to it. (leaving the lore junkies even more confused about Primordus location) Why do I think this is so important?

Because if someone asks me about the “Montly releases” the first thing that comes to mind is…. Lost Shores! Why? Because besides the horrible lagfest it was… it gave us a reason and content to go back to Southsun not to mention fractals (Rich ori, passiflora, karka shell, some events, karma tools) These are probably the two reasons why it was so memorable… Flame and Frost didn’t leave anything behind except for some nice sightseeing.

That doesn’t make LS in any way superior to FaF because imo it simply isn’t… LS is just more memorable because of what it left behind (the only thing LS was better at)

I just hope that “The Secret of Southsun” will improve on this aswell. Because I think this is something Anet is overlooking just slightly

What do you think?

English is not my first language nor is it my second.

in Living World

Posted by: sanelson.4028

sanelson.4028

I totally agree with you, Lost Shores was indeed memorable and epic, even with all the lag and confusion. It was an epic and hard battle, dozens of players teaming up and fighting that giant Karka…wow…It was intense and very fun. Besides, every time I go to Southsun Cove I’m like: “Man Lost Shores was really cool”.

Unfortunately that doesn’t happen with Flame and Frost Retribution, It was a great event no doubt about that, however when I returned to Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau It was like nothing happened in there at all. Everything (well almost everything) was back to normal. There should be something that future players could walk by and say: “Wow so this is where the Molten Facility was” or “What happened here?” and then some sign or memorial would explain them.

The point is that visual notes of big events are important and If there’s nothing that reminds you of what happened there then It’s forgettable.

Aldir Valentine
Mesmer lvl 80
Seaferer’s Rest

(edited by sanelson.4028)

in Living World

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

I think my main issue with south sun story is i saw post by a dev couple weeks on the flame and frost deal(idk if it’s still there) back that spoiled a bit of the current story regarding a certain female from a certain city(i dont wanna spoil it like the dev did in his brain fart moment).

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I absolutely agree. There’s nothing to show for story updates except Southsun. Something should stay.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

The ancient karka is still smoldering at the bottom of the volcano and resorts are under construction. Hoping after Last Stand they make the resorts bigger, like towns. More sandbox space, good for RP.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I liked it overall, however the whole thing just started way too slow, didnt really changed that much (two new instances and kicking off the living story premise officially, however the world itself stayed mostly unchanged so far).

Pro
- Great finale dungeon
- really liked the characters, though i felt there was something missing. (since the dungeon should have changed everytime a little bit, since it was supposed to be several facilities, it would have been nice to have had some different segements to them, maybe in dialog, so it reflects that they were working together for some time after a while… even though that would have been bad for players who couldnt play it that often)
- Liked the things you can get in the dungeon
- new instances to visit
- liked the overall design, even though its “flame” again (too much CoF around unfortunatly)

Contra
- Not much really stays behind (impact?)
- The whole thing didnt felt dangerous. (they stated that they were restricted in their assets, but still. the “masses” of refugees were kinde underwhelming)
- Too much RNG on a timed basis. (i dont mind the weapon tokens, however the time to do the dungeon combined with the possibility to get maybe one of 3 very rare items kinda hurts my enjoyment, it would be better if it had stayed)
- Too many fetch quests…

So was the whole thing memorable? Not really. There were some interesting things to break the usuall daily pace, however they were stretched out to long to be very memorable. For the time it took place it didnt really worked for me, even though the dungeon was awesome, it is now nothing more then a fleeting memory…