Exotic creation

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

In the patch notes it says:

Players who completed their Mysterious Vine and received a Cultivated Seed may now create new exotic and ascended back items and a plant that feeds on Bloodstone Dust.

Is this Mysterious Vine a part 1 or part 2 thing? Do I have to purchase part 1 and complete whatever it is in order to access this ascended gear?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I think it’s very likely that you need to have part 1 AND part 2 unlocked in order to make the back piece. It says “Players who completed their Mysterious Vine and received a Cultivated Seed” and that happens using components from completing part 1. I think it’s highly unlikely that part 2 will just give you for free, what it took a lot to achieve in part 1.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Baldrick.8967

I’m still confused- do i need to purchase part 1 in order to be able to complete the required item so that I can make something in part 2? Anyone know? Or are parts 1 and 2 all part of one chapter and entering part 2 allows you in to part 1?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m still confused- do i need to purchase part 1 in order to be able to complete the required item so that I can make something in part 2? Anyone know? Or are parts 1 and 2 all part of one chapter and entering part 2 allows you in to part 1?

I believe Part 1 is considered a separate episode, and you will be required to pay for it. Not sure though since I already had part 1.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Baldrick.8967

Ok thanks for the reply. Part 2 just seems to consist of a ‘talk to this npc, now that one’ and now seems to have got stuck, so i guess wait a few days for patches and see if it works then.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Byron Miller

Byron Miller

Game Designer

If you did not log in or purchase Episode 3, fear not! The Centaur in the Oasis will sell you the story reward pieces (IE: Leyline stone, Phantasmal Essence, etc) you would have received from Episode 03 for laurels!

Exotic creation

in Living World

Baldrick.8967

Laurels? Are you joking? I don’t even have enough of those to get the ascended pieces I need, and wvw infusions on armors- if only ascended stuff was tradeable……not all of us play just one toon with one armor set and one weapon, some of us try and equip multiple toons and wasting them on a LS part doesn’t seem like a good use of a time gated resource.

But thanks for the response anyway.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Why not just spend 200 gems, and get part 1, then?

Exotic creation

in Living World

Baldrick.8967

Because I don’t actually like LS, being a wvw player, and it’s not something I’d like to spend my hard earned on. And before you say ‘convert gold to gems’ bear in mind I’m a wvw player- it’s not an area noted for it’s loot!

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I guess then just wait for people to get them to see if they seem worth the investment.

I’m glad though there is some way to get the pieces if you missed chapters. Laurels are a high price, but it seems a reasonable tradeoff vs gems and/or the time to play through earlier parts.

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

May I ask, let’s say I have completed and made the first backpiece already, what is required to upgrade it? How do I make it?

Exotic creation

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

May I ask, let’s say I have completed and made the first backpiece already, what is required to upgrade it? How do I make it?

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/13/gw2-cultivated-vine-backpiece-guide/

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?