Facet of Light vs mesmer

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Firstly. Jesus F Christ. This fight is incredibly slow as a mesmer.

Anyone that has touched a mesmer knows that their auto attacks are pitiful and that their actual damage comes from phantasm and what not.

The facet of light pretty much nullifies all your options to do damage because of the AOE ground mechanic it has. You can’t summon phantasms in the field as your phantasms instantly die.

I’m not a newbie, I know my way around the game but this fight was terrible.

If you end up downing and dying you have to start over which is a pain considering how weak your auto attacks are.

There is a slight work around where you can use A phantasm, I emphasise “A” as in one. Just before you attune you summon a phantasm on the boss just as you attune. As whatever summons you have while attune will also be granted the attunement, any summons after you are attuned will not have it.

A second long CD damage boost is if you have the humans elite trait hounds of balthazar, similiarly to above, summon them before you attune so they can survive the field.

Besides those two options, mesmers have pitiful damage against this boss as it’s AOE field strips away it’s other damage abilities.

I just had to rant at this design. As this is the only class that is heavily disadvantaged if you are playing solo.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Use the “on clone death” traits, since they die the moment they are spawned. And just spawn clones around the boss like crazy.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

I know that pain, I tried to solo him for almost 20 minutes, gave up and came back with a warrior. Boss died during first damage reducing buff…
I have a strong feeling that Anet doesn’t like mesmers and wants them dead, literally O.o

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

20 level 80s and counting.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I have done that boss multiple times on my mesmer and it never took longer than 15m. I must be missing something, because i didn’t have any issue killing that boss within a reasonable time.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I have done that boss multiple times on my mesmer and it never took longer than 15m. I must be missing something, because i didn’t have any issue killing that boss within a reasonable time.

Best sarcastic post of the day.
I hope.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

dsslive.8473

Best sarcastic post of the day.
I hope.

I wasn’t being sarcastic, i honestly had no issues completing this boss with my mesmer.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I also didn’t have any issues, except it takes significantly longer than usual (i.e. with other classes). Which is kind of an issue.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can still defeat it with a Mesmer but takes considerably more time. On my guardian, I could do it in two attempts. With Mesmer, it took like nine attempts. Both were traited and geared for DPS.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

That persistent AOE is nasty. It can eat through just about anything in short order.

Never mind that the circle is just large enough that a single dodge can still land your hitbox inside the AOE.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Engineer Turrets have the same issue. They dont share your protection on the fight.

The fight is still possible with those professions, but it is a little frustrating.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’ve done this with a Necro, Thief, and Mesmer so far. While the phantasms issue made it a bit slower, using sword (great weapon!), time warp, mantra of pain made it not much different than my Necro’s time. When I started, I hit with mind stab (GS) while I ran up on him then used the above mentioned sword and utility skills to take him out.

As a side note, clones and phantasms did very well in the other two fights by keeping the facets distracted while I went about the mechanics to kill them.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Kam.1780

Kam.1780

Have not yet tried to complete this mission with my mesmer, yet, but she will come next. So my question is: have you tried Phantasmal Duelist with Duelist’s Discipline trait? In theory, the range of the phantasm should be larger than the static field of the boss. So having several duelists summoned and feedback above the boss might speed up the battle.

co-leader of Ministry of Friendhsip [MoF] – Gandara

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

While it’s annoying, it is:

• Far from difficult. Using a Sword, you do very solid AA damage, and can quickly kill it.
  • The whole issue works the other way around at the other bosses, allowing us to damage them with Phantasms despite their mechanics supposedly protecting them.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Have not yet tried to complete this mission with my mesmer, yet, but she will come next. So my question is: have you tried Phantasmal Duelist with Duelist’s Discipline trait? In theory, the range of the phantasm should be larger than the static field of the boss. So having several duelists summoned and feedback above the boss might speed up the battle.

The AoE also protects the boss from any attacks coming from outside the AoE.

I haven’t tried it with a mesmer yet – might do so tomorrow or later tonight.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Which makes the greatsword even more useless.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

dsslive.8473

Which makes the greatsword even more useless.

The greatsword can hit the boss from outside his AoE just fine, his protective bubble keeps out projectiles, not the greatsword autoattack. It judt won’t do any damage since you need to be within the Aoe circle to be able to damage him.

Also, this makes ALL range weapons useless unless you stand within the Aoe circle, pretty much ANY weapon is useless without standing in the aoe.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Temihal.8651

Temihal.8651

I went mainly with sword AA and I was builded for shatter.
I also noticed that I could do a sword #3 + mirror images + IP fast shatter before clones died. They had a little delay before taking damage if spawned inside the AoE.
It still took a bit of time but it was pretty straightforward once I got the mechanics.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I just finished the fight as my Mesmer and this wasn’t nearly as difficult or time consuming as you make it out to be. I learned quickly that my clones weren’t going to work, but thankfully Mesmers don’t just rely on clones to do damage.

~Staff condi stacks wore him down
~Sword AA and Sword #2 work well
~Clone Death traits were made for this fight
~Mantra of Pain

I pretty much won the fight by spamming Staff #5. What I’m saying is don’t pigeonhole yourself into relying on your clones or you’re going to have a much harder time.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I used phantasm-health buffs and just squeezed a single round of attacks out of my phants before they died each time, and just kited around. Soloed it without attunements, but took 30 minutes or so.

Facet of Light vs mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

I didn’t have any problem with mesmer with this Boss. I used Greatsword and beat this boss less than 10 minutes. It is just technique how you do it.

• check out in what shrine that little foe is spawning,
  • Kill that little foe
  • Take shield on you from that shrine
  • Don’t hesitate to step on that deadly area, and use your sword, and put clones or phantasms on your utility skill too, and remember put clone death trait on, and that Boss is melting really fast.
  • Keep an eye when that shield is wearing off on you (blinking) jump off that deadly area and start over again

Simple and fast.