False SW-percentages in the lfg-tool...

in Living World

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

…it’s annoying. You join a party, claiming 85% completion, only to find 2 of 4 outposts held and not even on second level of defenses plus 10% progress.

Can we report those players for false percentages in their party-advertisement?

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I think “LFG abuse” might cover that.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

That would not work for in-game reports, as they won’t see anything wrong with the party description.

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I haven’t seen this at all tbh.
maybe someone saying 80, when it’s more like 60..but 10%?

you sure you didn’t happen to join in on the wrong person?

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Perhaps this is a case of “caveat emptor”? You know there’s no way to reliably tell what the status of their event is, and if it’s low, perhaps you should try helping to raise. OR, it’s possible they were at 80%, forgot they posted on LFG, already wrapped around on the event chain and then you joined in.

My point is, you can’t just go by what someone says. I don’t know why you’re only joining 80% completed Silverwaste maps, but if you’re just trying to cut the line and get to the boss fight, then maybe you deserve the occasional trick.

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

you should try the “0.80%” not false at all

in Living World

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

Maybe you are joining on a wrong person. Those groups fill quickly and you are joining a player that was trying to get on a good map just like you. Is there even a way to tell who is hosting the LFG?

(edited by dirtynwah.3851)

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe you are joining on a wrong person. Those groups fill quickly and you are joining a player that was trying to get on a good map just like you. Is there even a way to tell who is hosting the LFG?

Maybe the first person listed in the LFG?

in Living World

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

This.

Also, many Americans cannot do percentages.

in Living World

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I think it’s most likely that the party just hasn’t updated their LFG description yet. I highly doubt anyone is doing it out of malicious intent. Well, maybe now we might see a few…

Gandara

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Like all those “Teq 4 commanders” LFG ads that end up leading to a half-empty server with no tag in sight? And when you ask in party chat what’s all about you hear “nobody would come if we wrote the truth”?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

…it’s annoying. You join a party, claiming 85% completion, only to find 2 of 4 outposts held and not even on second level of defenses plus 10% progress.

Can we report those players for false percentages in their party-advertisement?

no you cannot, not only does anet have no way to verify what the percentage was when u actually joined but if you dont like it u can leave again or tough it out, its no real harm to you

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I happens. But its not reportable. I am the person getting the progression to 30% before taxiing people in. LFG abuse is a pet peeve of mine but I can only do so much as the mechanic is broken… Wish I could make more use of hero of the wastes

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

So let me get this straight, you want to join a map that that is 85 % filled so you can get to the juicy rewards without working ( essentially you want others to work for you) and when someone makes a “false”/troll adv you want to report them. Maybe it is done to get ppl on the map to get it to that 85 % ,maps don’t magically get like that. I guess a bigger abuse if from your part, hunting for higher % maps . Entitlement is strong in this one…..

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

So let me get this straight, you want to join a map that that is 85 % filled so you can get to the juicy rewards without working ( essentially you want others to work for you) and when someone makes a “false”/troll adv you want to report them. Maybe it is done to get ppl on the map to get it to that 85 % ,maps don’t magically get like that. I guess a bigger abuse if from your part, hunting for higher % maps . Entitlement is strong in this one…..

So, you actually support people that post intentionally misleading LFG descriptions?

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

This made my day… Guess im a cynic at heart…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t see how this is such a huge problem. Its not like you’re getting kicked from a dungeon group after doing most of the dungeon or being scammed out of tons of gold or whatever. You’re wasting a minute (at worst) joining an instance, after which I assume you go right back on LFG and look for another one that’s hopefully telling the truth. I have never stumbled upon one that lied about the SW percentage, so I assume they’re relatively rare.

I mean, I’m not saying I support people who do this. Its still scummy, for certain. But I hardly think its something so horrible that its report-worthy, even if Anet could somehow verify they were lying (which according to multiple people in this thread they can’t).

in Living World

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I’ve never seen this and I do SW a lot. Worst I’ve seen is like 75% when it’s actually 60%.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I used to get angry about this very thing until I realized that I sometimes join the wrong party members’ instance. In some cases it isn’t necessarily the top portrait you want to join on.

That said, people definitely do lie every now and then on LFG and that’s messed up.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I understand the desire to quickly get on a map that is about to pay out, but as the guy who works really hard to get to that point no matter what percent the map happens to be on when I get there, you’ll get no sympathy from me.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

I understand the desire to quickly get on a map that is about to pay out, but as the guy who works really hard to get to that point no matter what percent the map happens to be on when I get there, you’ll get no sympathy from me.

I think this explains how i feel about this issue in a much nicer sense. At any rate this sounds like an issue for moochers more than an issue for anyone else.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Living World

Posted by: Sankekur.9182

Sankekur.9182

I guess the map you wanted to enter was already full, so you entered an empty overflow. kitten happens

in Living World

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Same thing happened to me twice yesterday, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
The description read “85% (bring shovels)” and the map was 2 or 5%. If it’s shovels they are looking for, it’s pretty stupid to assume someone who wanted to do the VW and gets tricked like this is going to stay at your chest farm and share their shovels with you.

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

I guess the map you wanted to enter was already full, so you entered an empty overflow. kitten happens

Not possible when using “join in” feature.

Does that mean that you actually support people that post false LFG infos, and consider this practice okay?

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Does that mean that you actually support people that post false LFG infos, and consider this practice okay?

That is not what “no sympathy” means.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

That is not what “no sympathy” means.

That was “no sympathy” aimed at the victims, not the perpetrators. That suggested indirectly that your sympathy is on the other side.

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Personally, I too have no sympathy for those duped by the false percentages, but I don’t condone the actions of the people who consciously proclaim them, either. It’s possible to condemn both sides in a matter like this. Besides, it really shouldn’t be that big a deal to get the silverwaste up to that percentage if people are joining whether or not by false pretenses.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Personally, I too have no sympathy for those duped by the false percentages, but I don’t condone the actions of the people who consciously proclaim them, either. It’s possible to condemn both sides in a matter like this. Besides, it really shouldn’t be that big a deal to get the silverwaste up to that percentage if people are joining whether or not by false pretenses.

It was. I was late-night and decided to use the LFG tool for jumping into a Silverwastes which wasn’t empty or full of people doing nothing (seemingly). So I did a 75% one and it was 3/4 forts held and minimal progress.

The guy in map chat admitted he was being coy with the description, but the map mostly laughed it off and got to work. Breach happened, and one, Vinewrath went down, we had a good time and much luck with loot.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.