Fen Event Conflict

Fen Event Conflict

in Living World

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

It seems to me that the Bloodstone Fen event timers need a bit of tweaking. Pretty consistently the Jade Maw event chain conflicts with the Justicar event. People call for the two different events, and often cannot/will not coordinate to do one first and then the other (Justicar can “wait” but only if no one does the pre-event until after the Jade Maw is done). This leads to Jade events failing early in the chain because there aren’t enough people to pull it off. Having Justicar as part of the daily also contributes to the divided interest.

Would it be possible to stagger the Justicar event timing so that it does not happen until just after the Jade Maw event chain?

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Fen Event Conflict

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wouldn’t mind if ANet changed things, but I really like the fact that Bloodstone Fen isn’t on a huge timer and that everything isn’t chained together. That is one of my biggest frustration with the HoT maps — the need to pay attention to the clock and what events follow which.

The events don’t really conflict in my opinion. You can get taxis to maps with either during much of prime time and pop up just randomly to get either/both. Plus, it’s almost always the case that if the Hablion people wait (and they have done so, when asked nicely), then there’s time for Jades to finish and get up in time to beat Hab before the timer runs out.

So I think that people who want to farm Jades all day can do so; similarly, people who want just the one daily Hab can do so, too. Plenty of room and time for everyone, in theory.

Instead, I think there are different issues:

• The events attract different types of players: Jade chain is repeatable and offers a lot of currency; it’s accordingly popular. In contrast, Hablion is a daily and offers a high reward-per-time spent.
  • People still haven’t learned the value of communicating. If the Jade participants kept up a status update, then people new to the map are more likely to wait. If the Hablion-killers would mention the status of the Exorcisms sooner, the Jade folks would have a chance to offer help if folks wait just 5-8 minutes for LUG to die.

Instead, what I’ve seen happen the last week or so is there’s nothing in /map about Jades and someone starts Hablion/pre. They don’t say anything either until 80%+ complete, at which point, there’s usually a critical mass of people hoping to complete their BF daily ‘soon’. By the time someone finally mentions a status, too many Jade folks just want to attack the Hablion folks, after which no one is much inclined to wait.

Consequently, I think there are some other, simpler solutions:

• Alter the rewards so that Jade and Hablion chains aren’t so far apart in value
  • Change the daily to be for killing Hab or killing the LUG.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Fen Event Conflict

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

^ Agree on the problem, though my suggestion for a solution is to display a summary of running events at the right hand side of the UI, in some kind of summarised form. It’s a small zone. Would help to know what events are currently running without having to be near them. Actually, I’d love this kind of summarised list in every zone, but at least in BF.

Fen Event Conflict

in Living World

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

^ Agree on the problem, though my suggestion for a solution is to display a summary of running events at the right hand side of the UI, in some kind of summarised form. It’s a small zone. Would help to know what events are currently running without having to be near them. Actually, I’d love this kind of summarised list in every zone, but at least in BF.

I like that idea. More than once I’ve entered a Fen map and started tooling around doing rifts or collecting unbound magic. Then some person would mention something that implied the Unbound Guardian fight was underway or nearly done. I’d wish that I’d known the Jade fights were underway earlier. Having a way to know when the larger meta events are underway from anywhere on the map would be beneficial.

Fen Event Conflict

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

^ Agree on the problem, though my suggestion for a solution is to display a summary of running events at the right hand side of the UI, in some kind of summarised form.

So much yes! I suggest exposing ALL event timers and active events for the zone you are currently in inside a special UI popup window. I would also like to see a ‘track event’ button to see the progress and location (-> map marker).

Would also reduce the common map chat question: “any events?” :P