Festival Of the Four Winds

in Living World

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

We’re back on track!

Gotta say this came really unexpected but I’m happy that they silence has broken and happy for ArenaNet’s of their what seems like a succesful release in china.

Zephyrites and Queen’s Gauntlet. 2 Major and well recieved releases will now be back and I can’t wait to finally beat Liadri.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Return to Zephyr Sanctum?

in Living World

Posted by: someoneinatree.9104

someoneinatree.9104

Yep. Return to the Zephyr Sanctum with a China-themed festival reskin. Seems like a nice way to get the ball rolling again!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-the-festival-of-the-four-winds/

SoS: [RED] Crimson Mind

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

No better way to welcome the new gamers of china than to introduce them to temporary content immediately!?

Yea recycled stuff!

in Living World

Posted by: Tutanchamon.2190

Tutanchamon.2190

Hurray
Bazaar was one of the most enjoyable contents and Labyrinthine Cliffs is just great zone. Can´t wait to see it again!
PS: I hope there will be another way to obtain Bazaar helms…

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I like the Asiatic theme they did on it.

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

at last, Tyrians, grab your kites xD

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in Living World

Posted by: Gelwynn.5360

Gelwynn.5360

I hope the reward vendors are back in the Queens Gauntlet… I missed some recipes last time that have been nagging at my crafting OCD…

in Living World

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

No better way to welcome the new gamers of china than to introduce them to temporary content immediately!?

Yea recycled stuff!

Why are you complaining about temporary content?

Exactly what in the real world is permanent? Nothing! Holidays, businesses, and so on; everything in the real world is temporary. It’s about time an MMO actually reflected this!

in Living World

Posted by: Melinea.1875

Melinea.1875

Yea recycled stuff!

That’s not gonna happen.
“We’ll be hosting the celebratory Festival of the Four Winds in Guild Wars 2 starting on May 20 for the NA and EU regions.” https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/

in Living World

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Exactly what in the real world is permanent? Nothing! Holidays, businesses, and so on; everything in the real world is temporary. It’s about time an MMO actually reflected this!

are you serious?^^

just lol

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Excited. Loved the Zephyr Sanctum. Too bad I’m on a roadtrip all next week =\

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

On top of the Bazaar we get the Crown Pavilion and the Queen’s Gauntlet, I’m excited.

And I’m sure I’m not the only one hoping that the Blade Shard merchant is coming with the Sanctum. It’d also be great if they brought back the old line up for the Gauntlet (should require no new programing there), and maybe some new ones. Maybe I’ll got play Sanctum Sprint again, haven’t really played it since they removed Daily Activity from the lineup (unless you count the 1 time it’s been up since the 15th).

------------------------

I really only have one concern. Around the time that these releases first came out is when a big wave of inflation hit. The Queen’s Gauntlet had lots of destroyer/champ farming (and around the same time we had the Scarlet’s Invasion champ farming). Noticeably, the last few LW releases had a lot less loot (along with huge sinks introduced- ascended armor, for example), I assume to compensate for it. Now, I’m not saying I don’t want loot, but I just hope the rewards justify the means. Players will take the path of least resistance for the best loot. I hope we can find a happy medium between the torrent we got before and the trickle we’ve been getting.

I’m also guessing they’ll use the Sanctum’s merchants to eat up more candy corn, hopefully Blade Shards, by proxy Watch work Sprockets, and maybe some others. I just hope if they introduce new things they won’t be as grindy (and random) as the more recent introductions.

in Living World

Posted by: Alexphos.6302

Alexphos.6302

Finally something!

Thanks Anet! <3

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Yea recycled stuff!

That’s not gonna happen.
“We’ll be hosting the celebratory Festival of the Four Winds in Guild Wars 2 starting on May 20 for the NA and EU regions.” https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/

Festival in China will probably start on May 22nd. And it is brand new stuff for the vast majority of Chinese Players. Even many players in the west will encounter it the first time. Even more the content is filled with new stuff hinting towards season 2 of LW.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Wonder what that new airship is going to be for? Also, what was the yellow light on it that disappears (and sounds like a door closing at that point) in the video?

Wonder which will get more players in it, zephyr sanctum map or the crown pavilion.

Also, not sure if its been mentioned yet but (source ) :

GuildMag ?@GuildMag 23m

Ree Soesbee tells that the Festival of the Four winds will encorporate hidden hints and secrets towards the 2nd Season of the LS. #GW2

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

As someone who didn’t have the time to experience all of the content when it was first released, this makes me very happy!

in Living World

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

I’d be incredibly surprised if we ended up visiting Cantha any time soon, but I can’t help but wonder about the Cantha theme aboard the Zephyr Sanctum. Has it just returned from Cantha? I wonder if it’ll bring news of what’s going on there.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tsuru Whitewing, the new mini that could, in my view, be a potential tengu b-iconic. The tengu name their houses after each of the four winds, and we don’t actually know who runs the Bazaar of the Four Winds…

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

in Living World

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

are you serious?^^

just lol

I wasn’t the one to write it, but I totally agree. If the concept of a Living World is going to be taken seriously, Temporary Content is a must, but permanent and meaningfull consequences must be embraced. ANet only did that at the end of LS S1, with Lions Arch, but as Colin Johanson has stated, we’ll see much more of it in S2. If you want a game whose only way of expanding content is through expansions, with an actual “still” world, GW2 isn’kitten as with time it’ll ramp up to not only live to it’s manifesto, but also bring to players a truly “Living, breathing world”.

(edited by SigmaOfApeiron.8397)

in Living World

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

So the fact that the game is been released in china and that the 4 winds festival has an Asian touch means that Cantha will be released soon?

Also according to a certain site we get to rebuild LA.

BTW when will the NPC that buy LS stuff comes?

(edited by Mor The Thief.9135)

in Living World

Posted by: BotsPSI.9784

BotsPSI.9784

Brace Yourselves, Quartz Crystals are coming

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Psyched! I’ve been holding on to 50-odd gauntlet tickets just in case. Zephyr sanctum was one of my all time favorite releases, so excited to revisit. I usually fight for permanence and temporary content, so I’m glad they chose the events they did to bring back since they can actually make some canonical sense.

Also, DEFINITELY expecting blade shard merchant here. Sanctum has collectors of every other random trinket lying around, so it seems obvious.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I’d be incredibly surprised if we ended up visiting Cantha any time soon, but I can’t help but wonder about the Cantha theme aboard the Zephyr Sanctum. Has it just returned from Cantha? I wonder if it’ll bring news of what’s going on there.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tsuru Whitewing, the new mini that could, in my view, be a potential tengu b-iconic. The tengu name their houses after each of the four winds, and we don’t actually know who runs the Bazaar of the Four Winds…

Aah, wonderful speculation :) I’m hoping the ship has just come from Cantha, as well, but hadn’t considered that angle on Tsuru! I’d love to see who’s running the Bazaar/who exactly the treaty with Lion’s Arch was made by, and I desperately need more Glint lore (almost wrote “Glore” o.o;).

In my head, I envision them slowly letting Cantha bleed into the LS through the Zephyrites and their journeys. If only Elona had a similar way of infiltrating the LS, I could rest easy :)

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Hopefully its newer, revamped versions of the old festivals/events. Having the exact same thing would be really boring. I don’t think theyd do that though. I really hope to see new bosses at the queens gauntlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

Hopefully it’s the same old versions of the old festival/events. I’d really hate it if Anet is again dumping work in tenporary grindy content, I’d rather think they learnt something from LS seasson 1 and are working on meaningfull and lasting content … meanwhile, please ANet, re-release some of those little patches from last seasson so we have something to do.

Well that’s what I wish at least …. who knows what they are doing, but despite the claims of Anet being focused in the china release, that’s a missleading claim: to release an already done(mostly) game you don’t need artists, level designers, voice actors, writers you need ITs who know how to set up the servers, so those other people not involved in the deploying of the game must be doing something and I doubt they are having kittentails and dancing … I just hope I truly like whatever new stuff comes in the future, but them taking more time than last time surely is a GOOOD sign.

PS: The autocensor is kitten.
PS2: For once that last kitten wasn’t due to censorship :P

(edited by Brizna.5612)

in Living World

Posted by: Skeletonwitch.3280

Skeletonwitch.3280

Can’t wait to experience Zephyrites and Queen’s Gauntlet in megaserver….

Oh…

:Team Skritt:

Megaserver kittening kittens! :-(

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Now please keep it around, stop removing good content.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

In my head, I envision them slowly letting Cantha bleed into the LS through the Zephyrites and their journeys. If only Elona had a similar way of infiltrating the LS, I could rest easy

The Zephyrites have nothing to do with Cantha…

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

In my head, I envision them slowly letting Cantha bleed into the LS through the Zephyrites and their journeys. If only Elona had a similar way of infiltrating the LS, I could rest easy

Actually the fact that they trade with Cantha, have heavily Canthan inspired architecture, and that some of them are of Canthan descent suggests that they do…

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Can’t wait to experience Zephyrites and Queen’s Gauntlet in megaserver….

Oh…

I don’t think there’ll be much of a problem with zephyr sanctum except maybe for lag.

Queen’s Gauntlet is gonna be disgusting, yeah. =/

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!!!!

I’m ready for LS Season 2! BRING IT ON, ANET! Bring it on…

in Living World

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!!!!

I’m ready for LS Season 2! BRING IT ON, ANET! Bring it on…

While I admit that it is about time Anet released some content, I do not wish LS S2.
LS1 had sooo many issues that I can’t really see myself investing more time into GW2 unless we get a expansion.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Now please keep it around, stop removing good content.

I see a good chance that the Cliffs will stay after the Zephyrite Sanctum has left the area. They could simply keep the Karma vendors in the zone and add the new Blade Shards vendor there.

in Living World

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

I’m so excited to see the Living Story come back that spawned Sanctum Sprint! The Crown Pavilion is just gravy on top of that.

This is going to be fun! Get your kites ready!

:)

in Living World

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I have a question about content access and LS:1-2. They said that they’re going to bring back some of the major things in LS1 for people to revisit? Are the Zephyrites and such what they were referring to?

Also, do I have to be max level in order to take part in the festival?

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Yea recycled stuff!

Why are you complaining about temporary content?

This…

This is not what constitutes a good game.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

I have a question about content access and LS:1-2. They said that they’re going to bring back some of the major things in LS1 for people to revisit? Are the Zephyrites and such what they were referring to?

Also, do I have to be max level in order to take part in the festival?

Don’t worry about that, Living Story stuff up levels characters to 80.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Video in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/ is sooooo beautiful! Nice blend of GW2 and live action. Makes me really anticipate the Festival of the Four Winds!

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Woot! Looking forward to this. I loved the Labyrinthine Cliffs and I welcome the chance to try for that dang Light Up the Darkness achievement again.

On the lore side of things, the new Canthan themes make me hopeful that we’ll see a Canthan expansion sooner rather than later.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yea recycled stuff!

That’s like saying they welcomed Factions’ release with the temporary content of birthday celebration.

I think this update proves that Crown Pavilion and Bazaar of the Four Winds are not “temporary” but RETURNING content. There’s a big difference.

It’s not a Canthan theme. It’s a Chinese theme, because, y’know, Chinese release. I don’t think there’ll be a lore explanation for that – and if it is, it’ll be no different than Dragon Bash’s explanation – Canthan descendants coming to decorate in their tradition.

Also, we were told that the Bazaar of the Four Winds is run by black market folk, I believe. It’s unrelated to tengu as far as all indications go, despite the rampant theories connecting exactly what you connected since Bazaar of the Four Winds’ update last year was announced.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Woooooot! Finally! I was hoping they would bring the Zephyrites back but Crown Pavilion too makes it even better! Now I can finally get the rest of the sovereign weapon skins hopefully!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Should we start complaining about the floor in the Queen’s Gauntlet now?

in Living World

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

very nice to see some things come back: hopefully theres more returning content later on
also hope SAB decides to be an unannounced surprise for this

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Should we start complaining about the floor in the Queen’s Gauntlet now?

… I do hope they fixed that for this time around. >.>

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Video in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/ is sooooo beautiful! Nice blend of GW2 and live action. Makes me really anticipate the Festival of the Four Winds!

Yeah, it is fairly well-made actually – it can basically stand on its own as a music video.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: Trolaw.7095

Trolaw.7095

Im just praying for labyrinthian cliffs to be made into the new LA

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Im just praying for labyrinthian cliffs to be made into the new LA

Not at all likely. LA works because it is a central location with easy trade route access to all of the major cities and it’s a relatively safe harbour. Labyrinthine Cliffs, as the name would suggest, are not so great. There’s a reason the Zephyrites used it – it’s not easy to access.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

The Zephyrites always had various Asian influences. I really doubt this is any indication of Canthan content, since last I heard that were effectively forbidden from releasing Canthan content.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Actually the fact that they trade with Cantha, have heavily Canthan inspired architecture, and that some of them are of Canthan descent suggests that they do…

They also have links to Glint and the Brotherhood of the Dragon which is all Tyrian in origin so they’re not exclusively Canthan. They may have links to Cantha but suggesting that the arrival of the Zephyrites points to the story moving to Cantha is most likely wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

I wonder what the meta rewards will be. Last year we got a Quartz node for our home instance. Maybe we get an upgrade for it? (and those who don’t have a quartz node can get one now) turns it into a rich quartz node or something