Final LS boss help needed

in Living World

Posted by: ainekitten.9517

ainekitten.9517

I just can’t seem to deal with that phase where you’re supposed to light the ring but the smothering things put it out. There seems to be no way to get to them fast enough considering the obscene overdone AOE stuff, and useless Marjory takes her good old time giving you the flame. What am I supposed to do?

Rata Sum = Mursaat
Wake up, Tyria!

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Uhm, I just took the flame and they die from one hit.

I didn’t even have a problem with them at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Same, worked fine until I died and then it became impossible to complete solo.

in Living World

Posted by: Therserion.2798

Therserion.2798

Just kill it. One hit is enough if you have the flame. Otherwise it´s invunerable.

in Living World

Posted by: ainekitten.9517

ainekitten.9517

OH! I didn’t know you could kill them. Ok this might make things a bit more manageable thanks guys.

Rata Sum = Mursaat
Wake up, Tyria!

in Living World

Carbon Footprint.3421

You guys are not understanding. In the phase where you have to wait to get the torch and then stand and like the wall, by the time you go to light the 3rd one the first one has gone out.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You guys are not understanding. In the phase where you have to wait to get the torch and then stand and like the wall, by the time you go to light the 3rd one the first one has gone out.

No?

Instead of lighting the wall, just kill the shadow with the divine fire buff, and then retake the fire to light the wall.

It’s not hard at all.

in Living World

Carbon Footprint.3421

Got it. I think it was an issue for me as I don’t typically play with sound on and the cues from the scooby squad went unheard and so I didn’t know there was a new mechanic in the 2nd round. Thanks all.

in Living World

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I must have glitched as I was inside the wall and all the NPCs were outside and there was no way for me to get the flame.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Uhm, I just took the flame and they die from one hit.

I didn’t even have a problem with them at all.

Well, for me they were invulnerable even with the flame.

Edit: on second try worked as intended

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Living World

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

I must have glitched as I was inside the wall and all the NPCs were outside and there was no way for me to get the flame.

Same here problem here. Couldn’t get the flame, NPCs were behind the wall and I was inside running for my life….

in Living World

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Same here problem here. Couldn’t get the flame, NPCs were behind the wall and I was inside running for my life….

Rox throws the Divine Fire into the battlefield from outside. Look for the glowing whitish circles.

in Living World

Anyandrell.6238

Rox throws the Divine Fire into the battlefield from outside. Look for the glowing whitish circles.

Oh, I saw those white circles after a while and noticed that I can light a fire on the cogs even if I do not see a torch equipped – after I had died a bazillion times. The problem is that it is impossible to light the fire. I get hit every 3-4 seconds by something so I get interrupted all the time. I had to take a break due to frustration.

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The problem for me was that there was so many damage circles and rocks falling without any circles to warn from it. I kept running out of dodges and most times was unable to run away from a circle in time.

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Oh, I saw those white circles after a while and noticed that I can light a fire on the cogs even if I do not see a torch equipped – after I had died a bazillion times. The problem is that it is impossible to light the fire. I get hit every 3-4 seconds by something so I get interrupted all the time. I had to take a break due to frustration.

You should wait for Braham to put a shield on one of the interaction points. It prevents the arm attacks from knocking you down (but not the burrow attack).

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Braham will toss a protective shield onto the cogs periodically, which will grant you Stability if you’re a class that doesn’t have it. Beyond that, and assuming no sources of self-Stability, try to light the fire shortly after the dragon tries a paw attack. That should give you enough time to do it while the dragon does its other attacks.

in Living World

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Boss is nice but some falling rocks dont have circle so its almost imposible doing regulary without large amount of luck

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Living World

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

This fight is pushing my nerves. I gave up on finishing the achievements last LS because the requirements are getting ridiculous… The average player can’t keep up. Now I’m stuck on a ridiculous ring of fire, all of my armor is gone, not a single repair station in sight, and I’m starting to think I never want to see sand ever again.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was losing badly ’til I checked the forums and got the hint that you can one-shot the shadow things if you have the Fire. So hop in the fire, toss an arrow or bullet or whatever at the shadow thing, then get to a cog to light the fire, preferably one Braham has a blue dome over. Try to be at good health before you channel the lighting in case the Shadow popcorns you. The little shadows move very slow so you have time to kill them (you lose the Fire when you shoot them, so you want to be standing in it to immediately get it back).

Before I learned that I got down to losing my doublet from all the dying. After, I got to the attack-Shadow phase within a minute easy.

in Living World

Posted by: Fable.8971

Fable.8971

Same here i’m have been trying to do ‘Light a ring of divine fire’ for nearly 2 hours, I have died god knows how many time and now naked.. This is way too much you can not even move without being hit. ANET you really need to sort this out as I and probably many many others will get fed up of it and leave it well alone. If you want players to do these LS’s then don’t make them impossible to do.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

4th attempt—-screw it. Just spamming damage at you at a riduclous rate. and then you have to do more than once. Annoying—-and EVERY build/race profession should have the exact same chnace of winning—having stabilty (or whatever) should not give a specific build an advantage.

in Living World

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

Beat it with a team of 3….it’s a lot easier with other people for the ring of fire, though it’s good if someone is healing or watching out for those who get snagged by aoe…..those who solo’d it have my respect….

in Living World

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

My thief gets smashed all to smitherenes while lighting the fires. I’m extremely frustrated.

in Living World

Posted by: fantasy.8395

fantasy.8395

Took forever but finished it without going in a down state on my warrior, but yes it was long and spam crazy with the aoes everywhere with the dragon and tendrils.

in Living World

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

It’s not impossible.

Granted, it took some trial and error and a handful of deaths on my part to figure it all out, but in the end I was able to solo it with only minimal frustration.

That said, I didn’t find the fight particularly fun or engaging. First, it needs to only be a third as long as it currently is. However, I’m starting to finally come to grips with the fact that ANet prefers overlong fights that substitute interesting mechanics with with ones that stretch out encounters to ad nauseum. We had to, what, whack dragon tendrils, light the fire, and then smack the dragon’s head 3 times over? Or was it just a really, really long 2? I don’t even remember. That’s how unimaginative the fight was.

Okay, that was a little harsh. Trim out the third tendril/fire/dps sequence and the fight isn’t too terribad. But what I do find just mind boggling baffling is that I don’t think that encounter has a reset mote. I could be wrong! But when I popped an achievement instance just to peek, I didn’t see any method to skip past any of the story sequence and get to the boss fight. Worse, after I re-slogged back through the cut scenes and memory sequences and dialogue to get to the fight, after I failed one or two of the achievement activities, I didn’t see any way to reset the fight (a la the way we could in Glint’s Lair an episode or two back). So that means, if I’m not mistaken, that the player (me) can potentially spend 10 minutes of trying to get through filler to get to dragon fight, fail, and then have to do all the filler again just to reset the boss encounter.

Huh. Okay then.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope I just missed a reset mote somewhere. If somebody provides any sort of information to the contrary of what I experienced, I’ll apologize and shut the hell up. But it seems to me that Anet’s refusal to respect their player’s time… I’m not even mad anymore. I’m just impressed. And in the end, I’m still the dumb-dumb that will hunt down the achievements, no matter how mind-numbingly bad some of them are implemented. So I don’t even know why I’m in here complaining. MAYBE I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR ME WEEPING. QQQQ

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in Living World

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

If an npc hadn’t said to ignore the minions, it might have gone smoother.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

in Living World

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

at the moment… i’m too angry to be able to give constructive feedback… but for starters, this dragon fight is way too complicated and way too reliant on professional level reflexes to be considered enjoyable. i thought this game was designed for general entertainment for the masses, not just professional athletes only.

– The Baconnaire

in Living World

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

If an npc hadn’t said to ignore the minions, it might have gone smoother.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Living World

Anyandrell.6238

Braham will toss a protective shield onto the cogs periodically, which will grant you Stability if you’re a class that doesn’t have it. Beyond that, and assuming no sources of self-Stability, try to light the fire shortly after the dragon tries a paw attack. That should give you enough time to do it while the dragon does its other attacks.

Braham’s shield didn’t seem to have any stability effect. I was getting interrupted all the same even with it on.

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

From what someone else said here, there is one dragon attack that will ignore stability, the one where it munches on you. But stability will help with the other attacks, the shifting ground and the paw swats.

in Living World

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Stability profs win again… BS imo. Stop making stability profession ultra stronger in ‘challenging’ personal story fights.

Every 5 sec a stun spam… really. So either stability or Gtfo. or perma dodge… (but then you cant light the things. Cause the aoe interrupt you. So stability still ftw.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Living World

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Got thru it finally. Wow!

in Living World

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

So by making it more frustrating, Anet thinks that equals more content?

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Those allies of ours sometimes really fall short of the mark. :/ Also, I think Anet hates a lot of its playerbase.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Living World

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I did it with a guildie. We struggled on that last part the first go-around. Once we got the mechanics down, we nailed it pretty quickly.

I have to say that all of the encounters in this release were a bit more intuitive than the last one. I enjoyed this one much more.

in Living World

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

On the bright side… if you want challenging content, go all in on thief… and prepare for a lesson on the meaning of stability… or the lack thereof…

Tip: Get a group as a thief (or any class for that matter) – it is much easier that way.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, with all due respect and love for the game – QA really needs some love at Anet, as the final boss fight was a rather frustrating experience – at least from a thief’s point of view.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Or, how about someone that only plays using a mouse…yes, you read that right. The only thing I use my keyboard for is movement/dodging/jumping/interacting, everything else is with the mouse, and I’m not about to go by a new keyboard because it doesn’t always register the dodge or move. As for the damage/kd radii, I’d never have let those out of QA/Alpha until the radii of the attacks from the Shadow of the Dragon were tighter and not so excessive, it’s not that hard to make the attacks fit the size of the thing doing the attack, such as the paw or mouth. It’s the same with the Teragriffs, the kd range is outside the hitbox…tighten up the mechanics and not have it like someone can punch you from 15 feet away(that’s the feeling I get sometimes, not that I have a problem with the Teragriff’s kd mind you).

in Living World

Posted by: Elzrath.8215

Elzrath.8215

I wouldnt say it was to difficult only found the fires going out a lot during the burn phase. I think it took me 5 burns on my condiconfusion mesmer to take him down on the 4th burn i got him to a little above 55% health then I got taken down so I put on my zerker gear and took out the remaining health in the next phase

in Living World

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

OK, call me weird, but I actually found that fight to be pretty decent, and together with the subsequent cutscenes, this episode managed to be one of the most satisfying experiences I can remember getting from GW2.

General notes:

• I have played through the instance twice, and died four times on my first playthrough.
  • It was nice to see a boss fight with five distinct phases.
  • I was able to clear with only two tendril phases on my second playthrough, and was able to use mistfire wolf for both burn phases. That seemed to add up to a nice total length for the fight.
  • I’m worried that the fight might take too long for characters who don’t have access to bunker-busters, however. It’s especially problematic because some classes don’t get bunker busters outside of mistfire wolf, which costs gems to acquire.
  • I brought quite a bit of stability and stunbreaks into the fight, but I felt that a lot went unused, particularly on my second playthrough. I don’t think that the CC problem is as serious as it’s made out to be.
  • I do not have “professional level reflexes” and I’m fairly sure I have weird latency too. I didn’t have too much trouble with the fights.
  • Adds that can have phantasms attached to them while invulnerable. I nominate whoever devised that for all of the cookies, even though I just used autoattacks the second time around.

in Living World

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

twice now i’ve used the shortcut mote, spawned, been smacked before i could count to 1, landed in an aoe that smashed me, then had multiple aoes cover me before i’m even up off the ground, manage to get to fire circle, only to be cut down while trying to light fire by claw.

if i could kick the designer in the nuts, i surely would

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Living World

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I seem to be in the minority here but I actually enjoyed the fight. The first phase with the tentacles was easy enough to figure out; however, I quickly died in the second phase because I was running all over the place. That was the only time I died though. After respawning, I played much more carefully and was able to figure out the mechanics of the fight on the go. As a zerker greatsword warrior, Whirlwind Attack helped me tremendously in avoiding damage. I killed the dragon within two burn phases.

I also managed to get through the entirety of the fight without stability, so I wouldn’t say it’s a must-have. You definitely need a stun break though.

Some tips:
- When the explosive plant bulb things appear, you’ll notice that they’re always in pairs and are attached to each other by a vine. If you run between the bulbs, straight through the middle of this vine, you will trigger both bulbs to explode without being knocked back/damaged. This is an easy way to clear the bulbs so you can navigate the room more safely.

- It’s possible to light the fires without relying on Braham’s stability bubble. Since the dragon’s paw attack (the big AOE circle that can interrupt your cast) has a cooldown, you just have to “bait” the dragon into using it, and then quickly run and light the nearest fire. You can still be interrupted by the dragon’s other attacks, though I’m not sure if the crumbling ground attack specifically targets the player though.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

at the moment… i’m too angry to be able to give constructive feedback… but for starters, this dragon fight is way too complicated and way too reliant on professional level reflexes to be considered enjoyable. i thought this game was designed for general entertainment for the masses, not just professional athletes only.

Seriously??. I managed to beat it, and believe me I struggled quite a lot whilst soloing all 8 episodes. This episode came with ‘fewer’ headaches for me – in comparison to the other 7. If anything it was frustrating. But once you can get the mechanics down, its pretty straightforward. This is the reason why a lot of things get nerfed and people complain about lack of ‘challenging’ content. Have a friend / guildie to help you out.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Beat it with a team of 3….it’s a lot easier with other people for the ring of fire, though it’s good if someone is healing or watching out for those who get snagged by aoe…..those who solo’d it have my respect….

We had a team of 3 and none of us got the achievements first time, we rolled it with a 5 man party and destroyed this instance,

1 of our team tried it solo and could not do it, he said the lights went out before he could get them all done, and he had 4 to do solo, I didn’t try this solo so I don’t know if there is a different mechanic at play.

in Living World

CalamityO.2890

4th attempt—-screw it. Just spamming damage at you at a riduclous rate. and then you have to do more than once. Annoying—-and EVERY build/race profession should have the exact same chnace of winning—having stabilty (or whatever) should not give a specific build an advantage.

Did the final boss without any stability. Yeah it took a lot longer, but I still managed to beat it. And this with my engi – solo. So it’s doable.

in Living World

CalamityO.2890

1 of our team tried it solo and could not do it, he said the lights went out before he could get them all done, and he had 4 to do solo, I didn’t try this solo so I don’t know if there is a different mechanic at play.

Luck, grit, patience, dodge and swift. 5 things I used to beat the boss. Can’t say if this is applicable to others.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Tried solo and there was no real way to see the mechanics with all what was going on. Could not keep lights lit, could not damage the bulbs and gave up solo after I died. Went in with a group and was able to manage it since there were enough of us to get the fires lit and eventually defeat the boss. For me this was not a solo type of event.

in Living World

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

You should wait for Braham to put a shield on one of the interaction points. It prevents the arm attacks from knocking you down (but not the burrow attack).

The arm attack isn’t the problem, it’s cripple + burrow + the shades spawn at the same time. So his “protection” is useless — every time he puts it it just gets a big oval and burrow thing almost one-shots me. I knew I shouldn’t have tried to do it on Ele Guard or go home.

in Living World

Posted by: Mythus.1086

Mythus.1086

More content that caters to certain classes or requires multiple people to complete. I gave up trying to do one of the other episodes because mesmers clones instantly died and I couldn’t do enough damage. Quite frankly I’d rather live with zero rewards and have the ability to complete the story instead of giving up and just watching someone else do it on Youtube.

in Living World

Posted by: sasoriaka.6348

sasoriaka.6348

Wtf, everybody here sucks or what? I did this with my fresh air elementalist and died 2 times in total. I don’t want to be mean or offensive but guys, COME ON LOL. I didnt find it hard AT ALL. When you go PvE, it’s not all about bringing as many offensive utilities as possible. Depending on your class, you should have at LEAST one defensive capability…

Ya’ll have a good time.

in Living World

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

So I did it with the help from the forum. Didn’t enjoy 1 second of the fight though.