Final fights were overtuned and unenjoyable

in Living World

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

With slower reaction time, what should not be twitch becomes twitch. And once that becomes twitch, one has less time available to do things like take in the scenery or read gray text on a multicolor background.

the tutorial design doesnt push you in a direction that excludes taking in the scenery or reading poorly colored text, nor does it force you into a situation that requires fast reactions without taking a minute to understand whats going on.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Also, IMO it’s lazy design to make an encounter “challenging” by basically increasing TTK with a metric crap-ton of interrupt mechanics.

To chime in on this, would you prefer LS bosses to be more like the Maw or Shatterer fights? Just stand in one place, pressing “1” over and over?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I disagree with the OP, having done them on my own only and I like the challenge. Lv.80 missions are supposed to be really difficult imho.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Mainline content (aka, the living story, which is the only new content being developed ever again by Anet), should be tuned for casual players. Not for hardcore dungeon twitch players. It’s that simple, IMO.

It is.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

They stated that, starting season 2, living story would be end-game content (ie harder than lower level content).

If this is end game content, I shouldn’t see a blue or green drop, they should all be high lvl as well as t6 mats dropping.

And I don’t care for the final boss, no boons restriction.

in Living World

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

U guys who complain its too hard should do the following :
LEARN THE MECHANICS OF THE BOSS
end of story
took me 10 minutes to figure out the mechanics and from there its easy

in Living World

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

end of story

Why do people feel the need to post answers like this?

The CAPS were a nice touch, though.

in Living World

Bellizare.5816

They stated that, starting season 2, living story would be end-game content (ie harder than lower level content).

If this is end game content, I shouldn’t see a blue or green drop, they should all be high lvl as well as t6 mats dropping.

And I don’t care for the final boss, no boons restriction.

I agree that the rewards, compared to time invested, were a bit disappointing.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

end of story

kitten swinging…

in Living World

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

Wait – does overtuning mean “hard”?

These bosses are not hard. Not hard at all. Like, not even a little. And I don’t know why people are talking about “attacking” the last boss — the last boss, like the other boss with veiled crystals (the 3rd boss)? Does not need to be attacked.

These bosses are PUZZLE bosses. Gear gives virtually no advantage. Which by definition makes them more accessible, since any class with any build should have no problems or disadvantage.

The only exception is the first boss – who has very little HP (as I said, I killed him before stability ran out. Even on a less DPS maxed build I cannot imagine him being very difficult). The “light attunement” boss you do need to attack, but the gimic is basically getting properly attuned. Once you are, there is really no difficulty.

What is “twitch”? The AoEs are slow with massive telegraphs, and the bosses who do need to be avoided also don’t need to be attacked. There is almost no attacking required in these encounters, except for one thwap to the veiled crystal, so you can put some invuln or mobility skills on to help you dodging if you need it.

Maybe people didn’t figure out the fight and think it is harder than it is? I got a bit confused on the last boss the first time through, think I needed to attack him. But this is not the case – you just need the right buffs to break the crystals; repeat.

The only exception is mesmer — having your clones die instantly on the boss with attunements is really annoying, and makes the fight slow. But not hard. I can imagine guardians for the “no boons” achieve could be annoying too, but the achievements SHOULD be challenging (WAY more challenging than these ones IMO. At least one of them should be hard).

in Living World

Bellizare.5816

Wait – does overtuning mean “hard”?

These bosses are not hard. Not hard at all. Like, not even a little. And I don’t know why people are talking about “attacking” the last boss — the last boss, like the other boss with veiled crystals (the 3rd boss)? Does not need to be attacked.

These bosses are PUZZLE bosses. Gear gives virtually no advantage. Which by definition makes them more accessible, since any class with any build should have no problems or disadvantage.

The only exception is the first boss – who has very little HP (as I said, I killed him before stability ran out. Even on a less DPS maxed build I cannot imagine him being very difficult). The “light attunement” boss you do need to attack, but the gimic is basically getting properly attuned. Once you are, there is really no difficulty.

What is “twitch”? The AoEs are slow with massive telegraphs, and the bosses who do need to be avoided also don’t need to be attacked. There is almost no attacking required in these encounters, except for one thwap to the veiled crystal, so you can put some invuln or mobility skills on to help you dodging if you need it.

Maybe people didn’t figure out the fight and think it is harder than it is? I got a bit confused on the last boss the first time through, think I needed to attack him. But this is not the case – you just need the right buffs to break the crystals; repeat.

The only exception is mesmer — having your clones die instantly on the boss with attunements is really annoying, and makes the fight slow. But not hard. I can imagine guardians for the “no boons” achieve could be annoying too, but the achievements SHOULD be challenging (WAY more challenging than these ones IMO. At least one of them should be hard).

Yes. It is a puzzle and a time sink.

I guess that since we are all going around armed to the teeth, that a fight was expected.

All in all anti-climatic IMO. Kind of like the whimper instead of the bang.

in Living World

insanemaniac.2456

I guess that since we are all going around armed to the teeth, that a fight was expected.

its not the finale…

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

end of story

Ditto!! +1

in Living World

Bellizare.5816

its not the finale…

Yes, the finale should be interesting.

in Living World

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Not sure what overturned means but I found the fight tedious. It doesn’t take long to figure out then it’s just time consuming. Then its a whole lot of dodge and run.

in Living World

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

as a non speedrun, non solorun, non lvl50 fraktal player i have to say, you must be really braindead to experience this content as hard.

I’m in the same boat. Maybe a Hand Holder golem could find its way into the gem store to keep everyone happy?

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I completely disagree that the end bosses were overtuned…

Actually, I have to say for me they were a breath of fresh air, boss fights that relied on interesting mechanics instead of just DPS as fast as you can so you can kill them before they can kill you… and they weren’t hard to figure out at all, they were spelled out for you one at a time and the last fight was basically all of them at the same time.

That whole instance got a big thumbs up from me.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

I’m on my third round of the LS to get the three shoulder skins. The first time I found reading through the lore fairly interesting, although it took a long time to get through it all. The second time I skipped anything that could be skipped and got through it pretty mindlessly while watching streams. However, the third run on my mesmer in exotic assassin’s (compared to my first two runs in full ascended zerker on my guardian and ranger) felt pretty excruciatingly slow on the mid boss because I couldn’t use phantasms. I didn’t feel like things took too long when I was in ascended and had a lot of personal DPS at my disposal, but it felt like my mesmer just tickled the boss and the mechanics had gotten stale.

It’s just another example of time gating (make the fragile buff/crystal spawn faster, darn it) for fear of alienating players with any sort of skill check. High HP boss fights are usually only fun and exciting if the mechanics are interesting, and these are decidedly not. This alone kills any replayability for me, and the fact that they continue to design content that makes certain class mechanics worthless isn’t a good sign either. I continue to view GW2 as “MMO lite” so I don’t really mind the lack of any skill requirement, but the decision to replace it with intentional tedium of any length is unfortunate. This would not be as big or noticeable a problem if the LS was meant to be played once and only once, but meting out the skin rewards one by one means that many people will, like me, go through it multiple times.

So I would agree partially with both sides here; it was interesting for one playthrough (at least for me) due to the new lore and story, but any more than that is really not too enjoyable because the actual gameplay is rather uninteresting after you’ve done it the first time. I just wish the shoulder items didn’t cost so many badges or you could unlock all the skins after finishing the episode once.

(edited by spikyblackhair.4951)

in Living World

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

the mechanics weren’t too hard to understand. it’s just annoying that you have to repeat them so much to get the bosses down. it just drags everything out, performing the same mechanic over & over & over again. & if you get an unlucky hit w/ fragility buff, you’re screwed unless you’re a ranger since pet can pretty much revive you no matter what. no other downed skills are gonna help you since you can’t damage the shadow boss through regular attacks.

I got him almost completely down and only needed to run the mechanic one more time, but then got caught in the aoe attack with my dodges on CD & fragility on. then gotta sit there as the invinciboss slowly finishes off my downed state. then respawn and turn around to see the fkr got his health reset. that’s the most annoying part is that reset. fighting a tedious boss then having to reset the whole thing and start over after one slipup. same situation with the vet mordrem wolf that jumped out of the box in the other LS mission. why do these things have to reset when you respawn in a mission instance?

in Living World

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

The only thing I really dislike about the boss fights has been the same thing over and over again, having to rely on another group of people who don’t know what their doing for the mission to be successful. 2 years have proved that any sort of mass coordination for those kinda mechanics on a large scale… does…not…work.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

They added Caithe’s Blossom to the bandit crest vendors now, so if the final boss is too difficult, you can always farm The Silverwastes map and get your rewards anyhow.

Kinda like that; more ways of getting the rewards (“play how you like”) but leave “difficult” challenges in to cater those who enjoy that. And 11111111111111 your way thru SW if a little challenge isn’t for you.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

The only thing I really dislike about the boss fights has been the same thing over and over again, having to rely on another group of people who don’t know what their doing for the mission to be successful. 2 years have proved that any sort of mass coordination for those kinda mechanics on a large scale… does…not…work.

This is about the fights in the story instances, I assume you are talking about the Silverwastes bosses? If not, you can always do the story fights solo, none of them are impossible alone (some achievements are a lot harder alone though, but none in this episode).

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They added Caithe’s Blossom to the bandit crest vendors now, so if the final boss is too difficult, you can always farm The Silverwastes map and get your rewards anyhow.

The accessory appears on vendor there (as well as on laurel vendor), only after you have unlocked it through achievements. You can’t just grind for it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: fantasy.8395

fantasy.8395

I get sick and tired of elitist jerks, I can understand that you play your class well and have no issues, but really I can say I agree that some mechanics of echoes was overturned.

While my warrior with a nice condition build did great and my power necro made it through both died to the boss in glint’s lair pulling me back into the aoe after I tried running out killing me and resetting the encounter several times.

As for my mesmer I have tried so many builds to try to deal with glint’s lair that it sickening to even think about, While the mobs health in other parts of the story chain were ridiculous, I could rely on my clones and my ability to play my mesmer well to kill it in time, here even with good reflexes that kitten boss pull back into his pit after my shield had warn off has killed me so many time I have closed the game 6 time in the last few days after getting killed yet again to this mechanic alone.

Sad thing is even if I was careful it would still be so slow, I was doing 5% damage at best each time I went in without my clones to back me up, didn’t matter what build or gear I used…. so I gave up and still trying to get yet another moment of focus to try to get a build that might help me there..

So I agree that this story has been ramped up with silly mechanics, while most are easy enough to figure out the outrangous health on some of the minions and the lack of thought on how some classes play against these mechanics so a lack of thought when making content like this for all to supposedly see…

But again instead of people helping out and giving suggestions they instead decide it in their best interests to just bash the person voicing their concerns and to me that is just another example of lack of empathy on the internet.

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I get sick and tired of elitist jerks, I can understand that you play your class well and have no issues, but really I can say I agree that some mechanics of echoes was overturned.

for jerkish elitism to apply, those encounters would have to qualify by actually posing any level of real challenge. Which they don´t. An “elitist” would brag how easy those things were for HIM, yet they were not easy in general. Do you notice how everyone said that these things were very easy? That is not bragging, that is not “elitist”. An average player can sleepwalk through every LS content. There is no denying that there are very bad players in general and very bad players in GW2. Does it suck to be told being a very bad player? I guess so. Still, this observation does not make an “elitist”. And there will always be a player bad enough to fail even the easiest content. What of him? Reduce the game to an autoplaying, movie-like experience?

in Living World

fantasy.8395

So let me get this straight your not an elitist if everyone feels it is easy and says it so unless it is you, in other words the opener and me are bad?

Perhaps you have not played a mesmer in the last part of the echoes?

I had no issues with the gimmick mechanics on my warrior on a bit on my necro and the only real mechanic that I think the boss should not of gotten is the ability to pull be back in and knock me on the ground while doing it.

That one mechainc alone has put me in a down state and killed me serveral tims evne on my characters that could dish out good dps.

The fights in my opinion are very boring and long and way to gimmicky, as for my mesmer even with pwer/crit builds she can’t do anywhere near as much damage as my other prefessions were able to.

She was killed so many times being pulled back in trying to push to stay in longer than it would be safe to avoid not having the shield up due to the bosses attempt to pull me back in it made me rage quit the game several days in a roll.

See she was doing at best 5% damage per attempt I can not use clones and condition damage doesn’t work well either without my clones.

I got the boss to 55% one time of the many attempts on her and all I got in return was him pulling me back in to get me in the aoe without a shield as it worn off as usual outside of the aoe just to have him pull be back in knock me down and then get aoed to fast to even roll out which of course would reset the fight due to respawn and time it would take to run back.

So you spout how I am bad and bad mouth people in general is sick to read Algreg, instead of bashing and using petty words against us BADDIES how about giving suggestions and helpful advice instead?

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I played through the story with my mesmer and i did way more damage than a simple 5% per turn. That’s got to be a mistake lol

Yes the figths were long which may be boring to some (these days its all about the fast kill) but i liked them, tehy didn’t require a high skill level, all that was needed to fight them was a simple understanding of the mechanics, which could ahrdly be called difficult.

And no, i’ don’t do speedruns (i barely do dungeons anymore) i don’t do lvl 50 fractals or am that great of a player. It’s a simple case of understanding the mechanics and than just putting in the time to kill the boss using them.

(still, using my mesmer, i ahd zero issues gettting the facet of light down, at most it took 5 turns, at the least 3 turns)

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

In fairness, there really is nothing to tune down even if they wanted to.

With the exception of the first boss, none of the fights in this instance are reliant on heath pools or character weapon damage. They are reliant on pure mechanics, such as the fragile buff and light field attunements. For something like these instances, which are designed to be done only a few times, this is good design in that it requires some (but not too much) creative thought and planning.

You could argue that the fights could be more forgiving (fewer one shots), but I would counter that with the fact that the fights are impossible to fail – if you die, you retry from a point right next to the fight.

Stop looking at them as traditional fights like you would in dungeons – and more like little puzzles to solve – and I think you will enjoy them more.

And, if ANET is listening – do alot more stuff like this please. This instance was awesome.

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Most of my toons don’t have zerker gear, and I find the new content absurdly hard, when I play with them.

Not having zerker gear should make especially Caithe’s Recon Squad much easier. The big problem is the very high burst damage of the packs in the first half, which is quite likely to down you immediately on a zerker char. Sure, Canach will rezz you, but you might go down repeatedly.

On my Engi in Cleric/Celestial, that part was really easy by comparison.

In the lair, it’s never dependent on your character anyhow, except the first fight (which granted can be tricky if you’re 100% full zerker and miss a dodge).

Still, not having zerker should make it easier.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Bellizare.5816

for jerkish elitism to apply, those encounters would have to qualify by actually posing any level of real challenge. Which they don´t. An “elitist” would brag how easy those things were for HIM, yet they were not easy in general. Do you notice how everyone said that these things were very easy? That is not bragging, that is not “elitist”. An average player can sleepwalk through every LS content. There is no denying that there are very bad players in general and very bad players in GW2. Does it suck to be told being a very bad player? I guess so. Still, this observation does not make an “elitist”. And there will always be a player bad enough to fail even the easiest content. What of him? Reduce the game to an autoplaying, movie-like experience?

Yes, some people that are not elite seem to feel the need to shout out how easy things are, implying how bad the other person is. I fail to see how this is positive or constructive.

Unbelievably this thread has not been locked.

in Living World

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

She was killed so many times being pulled back in trying to push to stay in longer than it would be safe to avoid not having the shield up due to the bosses attempt to pull me back in it made me rage quit the game several days in a roll.

See she was doing at best 5% damage per attempt I can not use clones and condition damage doesn’t work well either without my clones.

I got the boss to 55% one time of the many attempts on her and all I got in return was him pulling me back in to get me in the aoe without a shield as it worn off as usual outside of the aoe just to have him pull be back in knock me down and then get aoed to fast to even roll out which of course would reset the fight due to respawn and time it would take to run back.
?

I don’t think the boss pull. The light pillars do push you back when you get too close without a color buff though. Maybe you ran out of his AoE too close to a light pillar?

Someone made a video of killing the facet of light with a condition mesmer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcbtFTG_RNI

in Living World

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I don’t think a person pointing out how easy the content was for her means they are being an elitist jerk and trying to put people down. The sole reason why I have any inclination to come on and disagree vocally with those who say it is too hard is because as someone who loves this game I want HARDER content, and much much more challenging achievements. I feel that what I want out of the game more than anything is being threatened by people who constantly whine about what I truly believe to be easy content. I am not saying everything should be hard, or the story missions should be significantly harder. But I do want SOME things to be hard; and (ffs) for some of those hard things to be actually rewarding (which level 50 fracs certainly is not). I loved Liadri, and I found her to be challenging (see I am not going to tell you how easy I found Liadri).

I think I provided adequate reasoning for why the encounter should be considered easy; it is purely mechanic based, not gear dependent, has large telegraphs, cannot be failed (allows you to retry infinite times). None of these smacks of difficulty in the least.

Did I enjoy the fights? Meh. I’d give them like a B, but I guess mechanic-based fights are as good as it gets for making it accessible. Better than a lot of other stuff they’ve put out. I personally liked the “don’t get hit” challenge in Rytlock’s instance (with the statue) better because it was a bit more challenging, and I used different skills than I normally would.

Edit: Also with Hiashao — I’m pretty sure the bosses don’t pull you into their deadly AoE, I am not sure what is going wrong there… sometimes the small guys are invuln too but they don’t have a lot of health.

in Living World

fantasy.8395

No it was the second boss that stands in the middle of the huge aoe on the ground I have to wait for his minion to drop his shield get the color buff then get in with my shield color shied buff to attack the boss (seems like you can not damage him unless your a certain distance from him?)

So I am trying to dps him down with the 10-12 second shield buff as I a running out of time 3-4 seconds to go I head out I get outside of the aoe with the shield down, that is when he decides it is time to pull me back in and knock me down.. .which by the time I get up I am dead in assassin gear on my mesmer.

So I end up dying since there is no way to get back up have to start back at the last save point and by the time I get back to the boss his health has reset, on my warrior I was able ot escape him pulling me in thanks to stability and my necro with shroud but since my mesmer does jack for damage compared to the other two I finished this story on it has been misable.

Does not help that clones images instantly die even fighting the second boss, and without them I do a far less amount of damage, while if I played it real safe I could do it with time but at less than 5% damage on hte bar done each time I go in with being super safe at 5 seconds buff on the shield we are talking 12-15 times in at lease that means waiting at many times for the small add to drop its shield and to kill so I can get a new color aura to get a new shield each time…..

To me that is a the example of tedious and very mind numbing and if I don’t get out with that amount of time to spare playing it safe there is a good chance that the boss will pull me back in to my peril.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

No it was the second boss that stands in the middle of the huge aoe on the ground I have to wait for his minion to drop his shield get the color buff then get in with my shield color shied buff to attack the boss (seems like you can not damage him unless your a certain distance from him?)

So I am trying to dps him down with the 10-12 second shield buff as I a running out of time 3-4 seconds to go I head out I get outside of the aoe with the shield down, that is when he decides it is time to pull me back in and knock me down.. .which by the time I get up I am dead in assassin gear on my mesmer.

So I end up dying since there is no way to get back up have to start back at the last save point and by the time I get back to the boss his health has reset, on my warrior I was able ot escape him pulling me in thanks to stability and my necro with shroud but since my mesmer does jack for damage compared to the other two I finished this story on it has been misable.

Does not help that clones images instantly die even fighting the second boss, and without them I do a far less amount of damage, while if I played it real safe I could do it with time but at less than 5% damage on hte bar done each time I go in with being super safe at 5 seconds buff on the shield we are talking 12-15 times in at lease that means waiting at many times for the small add to drop its shield and to kill so I can get a new color aura to get a new shield each time…..

To me that is a the example of tedious and very mind numbing and if I don’t get out with that amount of time to spare playing it safe there is a good chance that the boss will pull me back in to my peril.

The boss doesn’t use pulls, the buff giving things knock you back if you don’t have the appropriate colour effect when you approach them. Don’t run out of the circle towards the buffers. Also take blink lets you dps for longer.

in Living World

fantasy.8395

I was never near any of the color pillars when I left the middle to get out, but if you say so I will keep that in mind, yet again I almost certain I did not, as I watched the boss do a animation that a similar boss in the previous area did that pulled you to him, which also knocks you down and pulls you to him…..

But on another note blink is a wonderful ability I had not thought to use that, which for some reason might be just the edge I need to escape and do a decent amount of damage per turn, thank you for suggesting that.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Note that conditions remain on the Facet of Light even after your buff wears off. If you run a condi Mesmer build like I do, you can stack a bunch of conditions like Bleeds/Burning on him and still have them damage him for a little while even after you retreat.

I do agree that the clones not getting the buff is extremely annoying though. The best I can do is use Signet of Illusions so that when I spawn clones I have a split second to hopefully shatter them before they get destroyed.

in Living World

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

yep these boss fight have ticked me off, I’ve given up on doing the achievements an the rest of the living word updates to come. If this is what i can expect count me out.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Why can’t people just learn from their mistakes and try again? When you fall off a bike, you get back up and try again. You don’t throw the bike away and complain. This attitude of giving up and throwing a temper tantrum is going to turn this entire industry into Farmville and Call of Duty clones.

If all you want to do is be hand-held through a story while you passively take in the scenery, why not watch a movie instead?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I don’t play a mesmer, but it seems from all the posts everyone would pop their clones out after getting the shield buff…is that the case? Or did someone actually try popping the clones first, and then getting the shield? Just curious really, just wanted to make sure people had the clones out first, otherwise the shield is not put on retroactively(and clones should get it if pulled out before, just like mini’s, pets and minions(I believe).

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The trouble is that you can’t really pop the clones/phantasms beforehand.

Ranged clones/phantasms can’t damage the Facet of Light due to an unstrippable projectile shield around the boss. (You must be within the boss’s damaging AoE field in order for projectiles to work.)

Likewise, you can’t pop melee clones/phantasms early because they will simply run into said AoE field and die instantly.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The boss doesn’t use pulls

It does, actually. The pull range is just sligtly longer than the aoe field radius. No, it’s not the color pillar knockback – that is a separate issue.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The accessory appears on vendor there (as well as on laurel vendor), only after you have unlocked it through achievements. You can’t just grind for it.

Ahh, that explains it… felt kind of cheated they had ninja’d it in otherwise

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

My background – I’m a casual player. I never completed the Mad King Clock Tower. I’ve never done any dungeons or fractals or anything of the sort (my personal story will be forever sitting on the final storyline Victory or Death). I don’t do WvW or PvP, just PvE (and I’ve only fought two world dragons).

So I’m a really casual player.

I didn’t find this content too hard. I died once at the end, but came back and picked the battle up right where I left off.

In comparison, the Grove dragon fight was much harder for me to complete, but even I also completed it, broken armor and all.

Coming from a casual player, I thought this content was extremely good and fair. I really liked the healing NPC if I was downed.

Just my take on the difficulty level.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Hidden Arcana is very twitch. If you’re good at twitch, you’ll have no issues. If you can’t, e.g. due to a physical disability, you’re up the creek without a paddle. Personally, I do not like all the dodging, and if I do it too often, it causes me physical pain. So yeah, bit of a failure there from my point of view. This should be a story, not a way to show how hardcore you are.

Tell me about it, I only have the use of one hand so it’s frustrating as hell.

I’ve been stuck at the Malevolent Memory in Hidden Arcana for over a week now. It’s a pain in the rear just getting that far, but to constantly keep failing and having to start over a gain is a joke. It’s got to the point now where I’m seriously considering just deleting the game from my computer.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Tachyon, are you NA? I’d be happy to come in and help you with the LS; I’ve done it on three alts now plus achieves. I’m available starting right now! Though I won’t necessarily refresh this page often, so you might want to PM me on these forums.

I could get caught up doing other things as well. I see you posted 5 hours ago so you and I may not be on similar waking schedules, but let’s see what we can do. (Also, if anyone else needs help, we can assemble a group! And I’ll bring another alt along for sweet, sweet loot).

in Living World

insanemaniac.2456

Hidden Arcana is very twitch. If you’re good at twitch, you’ll have no issues. If you can’t, e.g. due to a physical disability, you’re up the creek without a paddle. Personally, I do not like all the dodging, and if I do it too often, it causes me physical pain. So yeah, bit of a failure there from my point of view. This should be a story, not a way to show how hardcore you are.

Tell me about it, I only have the use of one hand so it’s frustrating as hell.

I’ve been stuck at the Malevolent Memory in Hidden Arcana for over a week now. It’s a pain in the rear just getting that far, but to constantly keep failing and having to start over a gain is a joke. It’s got to the point now where I’m seriously considering just deleting the game from my computer.

theres something to be said for wanting to do it yourself but in the end this is an mmo and this isnt strictly solo content

in Living World

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

too hard, too overtuned? if anything, the fights in this content were too long and easy to be really interesting. the mechanics were nice for a change (though i would have preferred a little alteration in the fights).

i want bosses that oneshot you, because they are bosses! make the AI responsive to your used skills, to applied conditions etc.
e.g. make them transfer condis and reflect large bursts incoming if they’re not stunned or whatnot. generally reduce bosses HP pool (in this episode, they were fine tho, but dungeon bosses with 0 mechanics... yawn).

also, for the karmatrainers and complainers in here, make living story playable by choice. if you feel you cannot put up with having to dodge and to be actually playing the game, release a cutscene movie with your character in it, so they can watch it without being overwhelmed by those absolutely unbeatable and horrendously hard game mechanics.

also, revert arah p4, siminn is too easy now.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Living World

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I thought the bosses were a refreshing change from the stack and spank enemies we have seen so much. They were not difficult at all as someone that runs hambow with knights gear. I don’t know where ppl are getting that you need DPS. All you had to do is take a minute and observe the mechanics.

If your the kind of person that totally ignores enemy and buff/debuff bar descriptions, expects to stand in one place, and spam whatever attacks you want. I could see how you wouldn’t do well.

This is the kind of thing the game needs to see if the zerker and stack n’ spam meta is to ever be curved. Hard hitting enemies and bosses with complex mechanics.

As a fan of the difficulty derived from GW1 Beyond and hard mode, I am glad that we are starting to see an increase of AI and mechanics in PvE.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I’ve been stuck at the Malevolent Memory in Hidden Arcana for over a week now.

There’s nothing twitch about it.

Constantly move by running around the room. Stay outside the center triangle.
Is there an add? Kill it.
Is there a black crystal, no adds and a white fragility thing? Run towards and through the white fragility thing then towards the black crystal. Stand next to the black crystal until a white circle appears under it, which steals your fragility. Attack the black crystal, 1 shotting it.
Repeat.

After my first run through, I found the encounter incredibly simple on my alt to a point that it’s rather boring having to wait for the stuff to appear so many times. It’s 100% mechanics. The other bosses are pretty much the same except the first one, which has nothing special. Simply run around that one to avoid its frontal attack.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

My background – I’m a casual player. I never completed the Mad King Clock Tower. I’ve never done any dungeons or fractals or anything of the sort (my personal story will be forever sitting on the final storyline Victory or Death). I don’t do WvW or PvP, just PvE (and I’ve only fought two world dragons).

So I’m a really casual player.

I didn’t find this content too hard. I died once at the end, but came back and picked the battle up right where I left off.

In comparison, the Grove dragon fight was much harder for me to complete, but even I also completed it, broken armor and all.

Coming from a casual player, I thought this content was extremely good and fair. I really liked the healing NPC if I was downed.

Just my take on the difficulty level.

You are exactly the kind of player I love. You admit you aren’t perfect, but you didn’t just throw your keyboard and stamp your feet. You calmly kept trying and beat the content. We need more like you.