Finally harder content

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Thank you Anet more , more pls more content like this where you have to switch positions avoid aoe and learn basics mechanics of the enemy .
Anyway why all mobs dont work like these new ones ?

(edited by Moderator)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Are you talking about jumping puzzles? Thats not harder content. Its stupid crap brought into an mmo from consoles. Forgive me if i want to play a real mmo and not one where devs are in love with platform console games. The whole new area and its jumping puzzles are annoying and have no place in a real mmo.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Are you talking about jumping puzzles? Thats not harder content. Its stupid crap brought into an mmo from consoles. Forgive me if i want to play a real mmo and not one where devs are in love with platform console games. The whole new area and its jumping puzzles are annoying and have no place in a real mmo.

He is talking about the bosses in the story mode.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah really enjoyed these fights, they had a more epic feel to them. Looks like the devs are really starting to learn how to get more out of their mobs, which bodes well for future World Bosses and Elder Dragons.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Meh. Both the leyline hub fight and the end fight felt like a case of ANet telling me to get screwed for not running a DPS build.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I agree, I hate the wusses on this forums and just in general who complain everytime new fights come out like this. L2play.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

with the way the end confrontation played out.. did anyone get the feeling, ’they’re going to kill off my character’

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

by harder you mean more boring ???

There is a Dragon attacking me and is have to kill tendrills like every other day
in dry top before ???

This wasn’t hard at all or appealing.
Was looking good though

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Meh. Both the leyline hub fight and the end fight felt like a case of ANet telling me to get screwed for not running a DPS build.

I cleared it my first try on each while running a Clerics build with 0 points into the offensive trees (I’m a ranger and was running 0/0/4/4/6) and had little to no difficult, I actually shuttered at dealing with a few encounters as a zerker due to all the retal.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Almost 100% AoE had me going…. wtf? But I made my way through it, downed twice with a WvW Mesmer build, self rezz once because I picked a target before going down.

To be honest the whole party scene was far more annoying for me.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

The almost 100% AOE was actually 100% AOE. The only way to avoid getting hit was to time your dodge at the right moment.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

The almost 100% AOE was actually 100% AOE. The only way to avoid getting hit was to time your dodge at the right moment.

Or jump…

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Nothing quite like the spectacle of internet nerds beating their skinny chests with their tiny fists.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Onichi.4073

Onichi.4073

Well, to be fair, if you are not running a damage-focused build, then you are likely better suited for a support role, which requires a damage-focused build to help you out! So group with a DPS build

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

my ranger had an easier time with it then my mesmer or my guardian. both of them had a hard time about it but it was rather easy on my ranger.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Mea.8967

Mea.8967

OK, maybe I’m in the minority, but I literally couldn’t tell the difference between the “challenge mode” and the regular dragon fight (aside from those seed pods that tried to attack you every now and then.) It took me one try to get the achievement.

The taimi episode just had golems, and the champ near Omadd’s machine was a bit annoying to melee but was easily beaten the first time.

I am not a super talented player, so I have to ask, how is this any different from standard dungeon difficulty? Aside from the fact you cant fgs it?

I love lamp.

Finally harder content

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

-snip

i’m cleric too.. both the ascalon statue and part 2 end encounter had a moment where i thought to myself.. i’m not gunna get this.. but like i said my main logged 5k hours and i’m in ascended gear, a build i’m moderately comfortable with {i’ll leave pleads to buff my class for the balance subforums} so i’m glad i got it my first try.. i think people are going to have a lot of fun with these

i can outswim a centaur!

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Nothing quite like the spectacle of internet nerds beating their skinny chests with their tiny fists.

No kidding. This is PvE content. All it takes is the time to figure out what hoops you need to jump through, like any video game.

It’s. Not. That. Hard.

The question is whether that content is entertaining and generally I find needlessly tedious boss fights not to be something I enjoy wasting my time on. When I’m in the middle of a fight thinking ‘I wish this stupid thing would finally end’ rather than ‘This is really cool’ then there is problem IMO.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

People still use nerd as a derogatory term?

Finally harder content

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

just hypocritical elitists who invited themselves into a ‘thread thanking new harder content’ and interpreted that as a warrant to proclaim to the world that it wasn’t ‘difficult’ nor worth their time
/shrug
such is forum life

i can outswim a centaur!

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I cleared it my first try on each while running a Clerics build with 0 points into the offensive trees (I’m a ranger and was running 0/0/4/4/6) and had little to no difficult, I actually shuttered at dealing with a few encounters as a zerker due to all the retal.

Necromancer, Peach Pie.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The only problem with the Dragon’s AP is that the intro before the fight is WAAAYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
If I don’t need to waste like 15 minutes watching those useless crap conversation, I’d welcome the harder challenge.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

OK, maybe I’m in the minority, but I literally couldn’t tell the difference between the “challenge mode” and the regular dragon fight (aside from those seed pods that tried to attack you every now and then.) It took me one try to get the achievement.

The taimi episode just had golems, and the champ near Omadd’s machine was a bit annoying to melee but was easily beaten the first time.

I am not a super talented player, so I have to ask, how is this any different from standard dungeon difficulty? Aside from the fact you cant fgs it?

Are you serious?
In challenge mode, the dragon heals very quickly during invulnerable phase.
Also a vine will spawn and eats you up, and you can do nothing but standing there.
Do you do it in a group of five? I did it in a pair, and doing alone would be extremely unlikely. What class are you using?

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The only thing that made any fight in S2 hard for me so far were those crazy lag spikes we’ve been getting in EU lately.

Oh, and NPCs cheat. For example, if you immobilize them, they can still turn around. So you can’t do things like immobilizing a Vile to hit them from behind, because when you move behind them, they simply turn and look at you, making immobilize pointless for that.
And the mordrem wolves deal flanking attacks from the front. They don’t need to move behind you, then attack, as all of their attack puts them directly in flanking position (they don’t even face you, they jump directly behind you, attack thin air behind you back-to-back with you), making he whole ‘flanking’ thing pointless, they should read “massive damage” instead “deadly while flanking”, so people just snare them and stay away or blind them or CC them. Keeping them in front of you does nothing, as they’ll flank anyways.
I don’t think that’s difficulty, but more like bad design, flaws due to technical limitations or bugs.

But difficulty aside, the fights are actually more fun. Which is the most important thing for a game.

[…]

People still use nerd as a derogatory term?

I’ve seen people using “best person in the world” as a derogatory term.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The flanking issue could easily be lag. Sometimes the client and server have very different ideas about where your character is positioned. Its not hard to imagine that your client sees the hound in front of you when it isn’t.

That’s why if you run around in dry top with lag you can suddenly end up dead from falling when you were nowhere near an edge.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Mea.8967

Are you serious?
Also a vine will spawn and eats you up, and you can do nothing but standing there.
Do you do it in a group of five? I did it in a pair, and doing alone would be extremely unlikely. What class are you using?

I beat LS on my warrior, but I’ll try and do it on my ele to see if there is more a difference (usually is.)
Edit: Also, no, I did it solo.

I love lamp.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Are you serious?

It was really easy though, if you dodge the vine it doesn’t eat you.
Did all achievements on engineer (also solo full zerk).

My staff ele would probably be even easier considering the bigger burst aoe dps with icebow.

edit: Let me put it this way, I thought challenge mode was just a little bit lower than the difficulty of the Crucible of Eternity Dungeon. If you know when to dodge and if your dps is high enough, it’s dead easy.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

(edited by Clip.6845)

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

Sure a challenging content was fine but it also was a lot painful unless you picked a full damage and mobile built. No casting allowed and if you are melee, good luck not getting caught by the Wombo-combo of ‘’ stun + before you can get up 20k damage hit you with Slow and Poison. Die. Respawn at the same location. Rinse and repeat until your gear turns red or you kill the mobs ’’

Yea, that is not something I would call an interesting fight.

It looked pretty though.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Challenging? Yes. But is the achievement for not getting hit rewarding? No

Finally harder content

in Living World

Mea.8967

just hypocritical elitists who invited themselves into a ‘thread thanking new harder content’ and interpreted that as a warrant to proclaim to the world that it wasn’t ‘difficult’ nor worth their time
/shrug
such is forum life

Gosh, I love a winner’s attitude.

Look, come watch me play sometime, I’m sure you’ll see I’m not doing anything extraordinarily talented or “elitist.”

The most “hardcore” thing I’ve done is remapped my keys for my tiny hands :P

I love lamp.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

What annoys me about this patch is Anets lame attempt to “equalize” all builds by using timed immunities.

I specced into damage to finish fights faster, not sit there and stare at the boss being immune 90% of the time.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

What annoys me about this patch is Anets lame attempt to “equalize” all builds by using timed immunities.

I specced into damage to finish fights faster, not sit there and stare at the boss being immune 90% of the time.

That was funny, first I was defensively specced on my engi, took a while to get my fire bombs out and some bleeding going. Specced full zerk second attempt, 1 throw of grenade barrage and the shadow dragon went invulnerable ^^

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Finally harder content

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

so you’re upset an enemy of world boss proportion isn’t dumb enough to stand in a zerk meteor shower? it’s a storyline encounter. . .

i can outswim a centaur!

Finally harder content

in Living World

Mea.8967

Are you serious?

Ok so I ran through it again on my ele for comparison (lower vit and def than war, less healing ability) and challenge mode was a tiny bit harder than the first fight, but I still beat it in two tries :-/

Solo/dps/etc

Attachments:

I love lamp.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Mea.8967

Well at least this quells the strawman of “zerks cant play well because they kill stuff before the mechanics kick in.”

I love lamp.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well at least this quells the strawman of “zerks cant play well because they kill stuff before the mechanics kick in.”

In my experience this is true with most of the zerkers I’ve encountered (not ALL)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Finally harder content

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

This update was actually short, boring because mobs have too much DPS (not everyone is zerker, Anet), interesting due to story elements, extremely annoying for the way they created Dry Top. I like jumping puzzles, but this is just too much.

Finally harder content

in Living World

Mea.8967

In my experience this is true with most of the zerkers I’ve encountered (not ALL)

My experience is opposite, newer players/players who don’t know what the heck a combo field is are the ones I tend to res on my full dps ele.

Sadly the opposite of data is not anecdotes, we’ll probably just have to disagree:)

I love lamp.