First Impressions

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The new star indicator is nice, but people are still asking how to start the event. I’m not sure how to make it more clearly for people.

Anet should’ve just added another waypoint at Tangle Root. It’s not fun having to run there, and a little annoying seeing map chat full of lost people asking where to go every 10 seconds.

Get rid of the mini-event blocking the entrance. I’m not sure if it was there before, but having a non-consequential gated event is just dumb, especially when this content is going to be old in the future.

The Seraph Outpost story was pretty fun, and a nice introduction. The rewards were baffling though, since we have no idea what they are used for. They should’ve been rewarded until after we know what they’re used for.

Okay, Dry Top.. interesting, but seriously? A jumping puzzle right at the start? Such a turn-off and disappointment. I don’t like jumping puzzles that much, but i also don’t hate them either, but there are some people that hate them and this will just frustrate them, even though for me personally, it’s easy. I just think it’s bad design to start it off with one.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

I like the new sand storm effect, also moving sands is a nice touch

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

couldn’t play the story, it’s bugged for me

I like the new map, the sandstorm is an interesting mechanic… different events at different states. Tons of exploration to do, but a relatively small map (smaller than Labyrinthe Cliffs?).

I find the reward system (reward tiers) quite interesting. I don’t get it yet, but it will come – without guides it will be more fun, as always.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

OOO—sandstorms—wow.

+1 to the op!

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I don’t like the fact that you need to use the aspects just to explore the zone.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

My first impression is – I’m lagging.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Looking foward to checking it out after work…2 and a half more hours

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

First Impressions

in Living World

Blude.6812

Should live in Canada—-it’s a holiday. Happy Birthday Canada!
Anets gift today isn’t that great though. LOL

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

As with all new patches, give it some time.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

My first impressions are WOW. The instanced content is fun and challenging. The story and characters feel better told. I love Aerin! And I also love how Kasmeer uses portals like a real mesmer!

I love Dry Tops too. I was impressed by the event in the mine. We got stuck in there and had to use explosives to get out – was one of the most immersive events I’ve ever played in GW2!

And last of all… LLAMAS.

| Lithia |

(edited by sazberryftw.3809)

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Crom Steeleye.1579

Crom Steeleye.1579

JPs as part of the main map instead of an playable option wtf. I hate JPs with a passion. My reaction went from 5y old at xmas – to please oh just kill me now, if I wanted to play a platform game – I would have invested in 3d Sonic which I also hate. now if it was more like Lara then maybe, but really – I have played since GW2 beta and have 7 years of GW1 under my belt – this new format has just killed my reason for living… sorry, but it sucks for me – unless there is a bypass built – I’m done and this makes me really sad because tho I’m not mega hardcore, I have put a couple of 1000 hrs into this game :-( .

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

JPs as part of the main map instead of an playable option wtf. I hate JPs with a passion. My reaction went from 5y old at xmas – to please oh just kill me now, if I wanted to play a platform game – I would have invested in 3d Sonic which I also hate. now if it was more like Lara then maybe, but really – I have played since GW2 beta and have 7 years of GW1 under my belt – this new format has just killed my reason for living… sorry, but it sucks for me – unless there is a bypass built – I’m done and this makes me really sad because tho I’m not mega hardcore, I have put a couple of 1000 hrs into this game :-( .

The main line isn’t really a jumping puzzle. You’re using the Zephryite skills. Are you following the story? If so it leads you on a very easy path that doesn’t involve a lot of jumping, just using the Zephryite skills very simply.

| Lithia |

First Impressions

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

3 jumps and the rest is optional. Lol, 1000hrs and still not a clue that a big part about the game is about jumping… just lol.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

The new star indicator is nice, but people are still asking how to start the event. I’m not sure how to make it more clearly for people.

Anet should’ve just added another waypoint at Tangle Root. It’s not fun having to run there, and a little annoying seeing map chat full of lost people asking where to go every 10 seconds.

Get rid of the mini-event blocking the entrance. I’m not sure if it was there before, but having a non-consequential gated event is just dumb, especially when this content is going to be old in the future.

The Seraph Outpost story was pretty fun, and a nice introduction. The rewards were baffling though, since we have no idea what they are used for. They should’ve been rewarded until after we know what they’re used for.

Okay, Dry Top.. interesting, but seriously? A jumping puzzle right at the start? Such a turn-off and disappointment. I don’t like jumping puzzles that much, but i also don’t hate them either, but there are some people that hate them and this will just frustrate them, even though for me personally, it’s easy. I just think it’s bad design to start it off with one.

A very short one and you dont have to do the big one. Seriously .. i love JPs and let us have the fun. You can do other things.. many other things

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

It is quite a bit like a JP with the timed skills and lots of places to fall and mobs that attack and keep you in combat. Finding it more frustrating than fun.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Same. Its very pretty and I like the idea of implementing the crystals into a normal map, but if you aren’t into jps or very good at them, it is somewhat frustrating right now. I had hoped for a more open map, maybe with hearts etc. Right now…im dying from falling off things a lot.

Would have preferred to have the jumping stuff off to one side, or have it ina diff zone rather than kick S2 off with something less accessible for players like myself.

Story is much improved though. Mobs frustrating to fight, but in a good way – ie not a rollover

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Len Knr.7481

Len Knr.7481

3 jumps and the rest is optional. Lol, 1000hrs and still not a clue that a big part about the game is about jumping… just lol.

Not a clue – Right!

Started in GW1 also.

Normally jumping is optional and can be avoided by those of us that think otherwise.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

A new map, sandstorms, really dark mines, all brilliant. A jumping puzzle to enter the zone, a pain in the neck. I don’t mind jumping puzzles when I am in the mind to do them and will quite happily try and try again to manage one, but when I have a zone to explore I want to be able to explore it, enjoy the scenery and atmosphere, not just feel frustrated by continually missing a jump which means I can’t get into the zone., unless that village with the mine in is the whole of the zone.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

yeah, the aspects worked in the cliffs because they were mostly in fixed locations, and the path was fairly straight forward.

Now, F if i know. The map is not helping as you can’t really zoom in enough to tell if you need to go over, under, or round. This on top of the already existing issues of the camera interacting with the world, overly low center, and close up zoom.

Meh, i wonder why they made the aspects into bar skills (taking over our weapon skills no less!) rather than temporary boosters on jump and dodge (lighting being the real troublesome there, given its dual mechanic).

I got through the living story, but i don’t think i’ll be going back for the achievements.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Where there is no jumping stuff though, first impressions really strong. Sandstorm effects, sinking sand, little caves in the valleys. All really good for the ambience.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s probably there to gate those who have to buy it from the gemstore in the future.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Loved the things they did with messing with the players’ field of view, made the game feel more interesting with a new kind of zone. The new mechanics, like adding in the aspects, added a kind of “spice” to the area.

Also, much better writing and storytelling.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

First impressions are…. this was anets chance to win back a disenchanted player base and they have failed miserably.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: elitegamerz.4965

elitegamerz.4965

The first thing to really catch my eye about the new living story is a conversation about the player character being the pact commander. Really makes the “living world” thing seem dynamic and connected. Nice to see that Anet is paying attention to details in the story.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

New area is fun, I enjoyed the missions and liked the story, and character interactions were well done too. Overall happy with the quality of this update.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Disappointingly small zone, even if the GW1 equivalent was small too. Probably the reason they made the zone so hard to navigate is to create an illusion of space by travelling upwards, since you can run from end to end in a few moments.

And looks like the NW corner is off limits (for now?) but even with it, the zone isn’t much bigger.

One good thing though: finally getting some recognition for killing Zhaitan.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The missions were challenging for a change, the zone was very small from what I can tell which is disappointing. I hope it gets bigger kitten goes on.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Generally pleased, and I haven’t experienced any bugs to report so far! That alone puts it head and shoulders above most releases from season 1. The part of the zone that is available so far (there looks to be more that is closed off at the moment) may not be huge, but there is lots of verticality, plenty of nooks and crannies to explore, and it feels unique as compared to all the preexisting maps.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Everything was running smoothly until i had to face a Jumping puzle , well back to WVW.

I liked the fall from the Aether blades ship, looks interesting story arc to follow.
And the artwork, once again 5stars >_>.

The tab for follow character story was a nice change.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

For me best “Living Story” story (sic!) so far. I was blown away when compared to previous installments. I even didn’t mind that we will be dealing with Scarlet's past....again. Although rewards were minimal. No bugs for me.

First Impressions

in Living World

Teon.5168

First impressions are…. this was anets chance to win back a disenchanted player base and they have failed miserably.

Seriously? There sure are a lot of ‘disenchanted’ players still playing the game, then. Guess they must all be masochists……lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

More of the same.

No new skills, more jumping stuff, boring content and events, and once again we have to deal with Scarlet’s crap.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

I don’t like new story arc,not for me “jumping,read read read talk..!” Also and I really envy Kasmer Meade even I play with mesmer her portals so good like ground targeting we need that.+1 for sand storm and quicksand.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

Seriously? There sure are a lot of ‘disenchanted’ players still playing the game, then. Guess they must all be masochists……lol.

I just want this game to be good like GW1 was.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Likewise Thorn. Maguuma was my favorite area in GW1

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

I don’t like the fact that you need to use the aspects just to explore the zone.

So far, for me, it is the only real problem of this zone. I like the story, all the lore titbits, and the missions of this Chronicles are good, if kind of hard to do alone. But I hate JP, and I hate to have to do the most massive of them to complete the zone.

(edited by Valmir.4590)

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Nice story, beautiful zone, ability to do the achievements and story whenever you want are good, and the music is top notch.

No bugs, zone’s a bit small, but otherwise a really solid start and definitely implying expansion of the map coming pretty soon.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaid Zhem.6508

Zhaid Zhem.6508

Wow, one hour and a half to talk and farm recycled events in 1/10 new area. 2 months for that, cheer.

First Impressions

in Living World

Teon.5168

I like what I have seen so far. I will be able to do more tomorrow. And I am sure glad it’s not like GW1…….I liked GW1, but I definitely wanted something different with this game, and I really like where they have gone, and are going with GW2.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

First Impressions

in Living World

Teon.5168

Nice story, beautiful zone, ability to do the achievements and story whenever you want are good, and the music is top notch.

No bugs, zone’s a bit small, but otherwise a really solid start and definitely implying expansion of the map coming pretty soon.

Completely agree.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

First Impressions

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

after doing the story I’m really overwhelmed. I didn’t expect THAT much. After single story missions in season 1 which lasted a couple of minutes with very little to it this was just mindblowing.

Tons of dialogues, a very interesting story, hidden lorepieces inside (SPOILER) xx-room which really bring tons of depth into the story and even back to season 1.

If this is any indicator of how it’s moving on in the future… well it’s gonna be so much fun.

• I really liked that those lorepieces inside the last instance were optional and now can be visited as often as I want.
  • it was great to follow that person’s hints through the zone while having really good working action in between. The investigation with Marjorie while following the paths with their Mesmer and Necromancer skills… REALLY immersive.
  • the challenge, very well balanced. Loved that last battle where you could use the crystal skills but didn’t have to mostly. I felt like I had accomplished something – nice!

I didn’t expect much to be honest, now shortly after going through the story missions I barely can find words how great it felt to me. This is not a step forward, this is a huge leap.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

snip…And I also love how Kasmeer uses portals like a real mesmer! …snip

My necro would like a word about my ability to make bone bridges!

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I just want this game to be good like GW1 was.

If this game was like GW1 I would have quit from boredom two weeks after release and never come back. Thank god they did something different.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

So far, meh! I’m just not seeing anything to hold my interest! I wish I could form a party with the NPC’s I want to do the story with like an RPG.

- I don’t like, have to use special currency just to buy a pick or salvage kit.
- Once again no storage for the new crafting materials.
- The sand storm is a nice effect.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

So far, meh! I’m just not seeing anything to hold my interest! I wish I could form a party with the NPC’s I want to do the story with like an RPG.

- I don’t like, have to use special currency just to buy a pick or salvage kit.
- Once again no storage for the new crafting materials.
- The sand storm is a nice effect.

Both Amberite and the Cactus and Pear are all storable in your bank.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: evilnessme.3927

evilnessme.3927

Gotten stuck..twice so far. Not liking this place at all.

First Impressions

in Living World

Posted by: Secca.2693

Secca.2693

I wish the radius for alerting me to events spanned the entire map area. I really want to catch(kill) that kitten Moa, and love the crystal race, but unless I catch some map chatter, I end up walking through right as it’s about to end because I’m still trying to explore the rest of the area.

The diving puzzle is my bane. I’d really like a way to increase how long the crystals last, maybe as an achievement or something? I am terrible at getting my jumps right the first time and would even spend gems on a way to increase that.

First Impressions

in Living World

Blude.6812

Forgot my opinion on my 1st impression, (and 2nd and 3rd attempts) just because of the forced jumping, —-— crap!

First Impressions

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I am terrible at getting my jumps right the first time and would even spend gems on a way to increase that.

there are still Mesmers, you know?

First Impressions

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Forgot my opinion on my 1st impression, (and 2nd and 3rd attempts) just because of the forced jumping, —-— crap!

It must really be hard for some to use an aoe skill to get to a position or run against a wall while pressing jump. Or is it maybe you complain because there isn’t really anything to complain at all?

Haters gonna hate