Flame and Frost: A Rallying Flame (Bonfire) [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hi everyone,

We understand the frustration about not having enough notice to claim the achievement. The original date given for the Epilogue was incorrect, and while we corrected date in forum posts and on the website, some did not see the updated information or have the time to collect that achievement.

We will put the bonfires back in the game tomorrow, sometime during ArenaNet office hours, so players who missed out can get the Rallying Flame achievement. The bonfires will not give any buffs, however.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: The bonfires will remain in-game until May 28.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

in Living World

Posted by: Silent.4378

Silent.4378

oh wow Thank you Regina.

in Living World

Posted by: Chaz.9824

Chaz.9824

Thanks! This was my only complaint thus far, and your excellent customer service has solved it on the spot. Keep it up, ArenaNet!

(edited by Chaz.9824)

in Living World

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

At least we get to complete the achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Hi everyone,

We understand the frustration about not having enough notice to claim the achievement. The original date given for the Epilogue was incorrect, and while we corrected date in forum posts and on the website, some did not see the updated information or have the time to collect that achievement.

We will put the bonfires back in the game tomorrow, sometime during ArenaNet office hours, so players who missed out can get the Rallying Flame achievement. The bonfires will not give any buffs, however.

Thank you for rectifying it. I can care less about the buffs just wanted the achievement. However do we know how long these bonfires will be up? Less than 24 hours, the rest of the week?

in Living World

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

Office Hours, does the mean something like 9-to5 Pacific?

in Living World

Posted by: Nero Stark.1369

Nero Stark.1369

Thanks!
Kind decision.

in Living World

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hi everyone,

Thank you for rectifying it. I can care less about the buffs just wanted the achievement. However do we know how long these bonfires will be up? Less than 24 hours, the rest of the week?

Until May 28. I have edited the post to reflect that info.

Content Marketing Lead

in Living World

Posted by: NemoVonUtopia.4183

NemoVonUtopia.4183

Thanks for putting the bonfires back up, but could you be more explicit on the times? I will be at school almost all day and would like to know if I will have time to get the achievement

in Living World

Posted by: Shiyeon.2681

Shiyeon.2681

Thank you very much.

in Living World

Posted by: Lukia.4728

Lukia.4728

I can’t thank you enough for taking our complaints seriously and making amends to the decision! It’s greatly appreciated!

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

good solution!
…………..

in Living World

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Hi everyone,

Until May 28. I have edited the post to reflect that info.

Thanks very much A nice solid 2 weeks to make sure everyone get it. Thanks!

in Living World

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Thank you very much! Although I already have it, I appreciate your efforts for all the players who were not able to gain the achievement yet.
Good job!

in Living World

Posted by: Mountains.4096

Mountains.4096

Thank you – It’s appreciated very much indeed! Here’s looking towards more Living Story =)

in Living World

Posted by: amsab.2408

amsab.2408

Thanks, really had me worried there – I’d been “saving it” to get the achievement with my guildies on our regular Thursday night session, just saw the post on the date changing from the 16th to the 14th, logged in in panic to get it before the end of the 14th server time (in a couple of minutes)… and was hugely disappointed that the bonfires were already gone. Very relieved to hear they’re coming back, thanks for clarifying :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Katia Steelheart.7294

Katia Steelheart.7294

Ok, the GW2 website conflicts with the Flame and Frost forum.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-flame-frost-retribution/

“This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.”

It still says the 16th as of right now. And all the bonfires are gone.

I didn’t procrastinate. I did all the achievement stuff already. Just want to see the final stuff. I trusted their website. I only came here searching for a solution to the problem. Now I find they’ve announced something different. I don’t see why they can’t extend the story ending longer. Only 2 days to get it is a little short. Especially when all the other content was available for months. Extending the epilog shouldn’t mess with new content and they can still close all the quests and things so we move on to the new content. It’s like reading a book and then finding the last pages missing.

… However now I see the post by Regina Buenaobra.6193 stating they will return the bonfires. Thank you ANet. We really appreciate your honesty and willingness to fix mistakes.

PS. Maybe you can fix the website mentioned to reflect the new information while you are at it.

(edited by Katia Steelheart.7294)

in Living World

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

Thank you very much!

in Living World

Posted by: Treehugga.2398

Treehugga.2398

Thank you so much! I was away from the game for four days and came back to find everything over and myself one achievement away from finishing!

in Living World

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Thanks, I was freaking out about missing this.

in Living World

Posted by: Psyrus.4590

Psyrus.4590

Glad I read through all the pages instead of going on a flaming rant after reading page 1. Thanks ANet…some devs could have taken the approach of “eh…screw it”, but you guys really pulled through. Thank you for fantastic customer support, and righting a mistake.

in Living World

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Thanks for the info Regina and fixing that so we can complete our storyline.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Luna Guardian.6910

Luna Guardian.6910

This is definitely what I wanted to see when I woke up, ANet, you have my thanks . This is how all companies should act in a similar situation, you’re a leading example guys, kudos

in Living World

Posted by: Ravager.9628

Ravager.9628

Thanks arenanet, I knew you wouldn’t let us down!

in Living World

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

Thanks!!!

From someone with mild OCD.

in Living World

Posted by: bogdee.4785

bogdee.4785

Thank you so soooo very much for this one!
Anet’s karma has just increased by 100,000 pcts for every player who didn’t get the achievement yet

in Living World

Posted by: anneleenc.4620

anneleenc.4620

Thank you very much!

in Living World

Posted by: Axel Slice.4760

Axel Slice.4760

I don’t spend much time with the forums, so I’d missed the notice about the changing dates and as such I’d missed the bonfires too. I had come here to add my voice to the chorus of people who were upset by this, but since they’re being put back in I’m going add my voice to the chorus of ‘Thank yous’ instead. I’m glad I’ll be able to tick off that achievement and that the team working on the game are responding to the community in a swift and positive way! Cheers A-net!

in Living World

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

Oh fantastic, haven’t been able to play the last couple days, log in today expecting to be able to do the epilogue and was quite irritated that it had aapparently ended early.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in Living World

Posted by: AntiBodies.8342

AntiBodies.8342

Thank You Regina – Just logging on now and reading through the thread getting slowly more and more frustrated and finally I am smiling again.

On another point.. when I heard this whole thing with Bonfires. I thought this would be a cool way to give the story of this and all future living story perhaps through a cutscene or a simple dialog. Come a couple of living stories down the track it would be cool to go talk to specific NPCs at anytime to show some of the stories that have completed in the past.. telling stories around the bonfire.. so to speak. These should never go away.

in Living World

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Some Good Guy MMO Dev stuff right here.

in Living World

Posted by: Mussolini.6128

Mussolini.6128

regina number 1

in Living World

Posted by: Myrhial.8627

Myrhial.8627

Thank you for doing this. It’s a small thing but it shows that you care about how your player community feels. Looking forward to the continuation of the living story.

in Living World

Posted by: Vig Bloodscout.4780

Vig Bloodscout.4780

WOOOHOOO!!! Good going ANET… looking forward to warming my hands at that bonfire! Thnx for lookin out for us casual gamers who can only game when we have the time! MUCH APPRECIATED!

in Living World

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

I see a massive bonfire in Hoelbrak, but I can’t do anything with it?

How do I actually complete the achievement?

in Living World

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

Hi everyone,

Is this still the plan?

in Living World

Posted by: gman.9185

gman.9185

I’m also not seeing any bonfires showing up in any of the cities mentioned… Are they only up during Anet working hours?

in Living World

Posted by: Quasi.5281

Quasi.5281

Hi everyone,

I’m not cheering just yet. I don’t see a bonfire up in any of the three cities mentioned in the achievement description.

EDIT: What I mean by the bonfire not being up is that it is only in Hoelbrak, but you cannot interact with it.

(edited by Quasi.5281)

in Living World

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Hi everyone,

I’m not cheering just yet. I don’t see a bonfire up in any of the three cities mentioned in the achievement description.

EDIT: What I mean by the bonfire not being up is that it is only in Hoelbrak, but you cannot interact with it.

Hi everyone,

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Living World

Posted by: TimmyWhite.9061

TimmyWhite.9061

What are the achievements that can still be obtained?
The achievement “the gathering strom” can still be achieved (May 16), if you find a periscope gatille event molten alliance attack.
thx!

in Living World

Posted by: oldirtybassturd.6345

oldirtybassturd.6345

where are the bonfires? 2:37 PM over there…. is this on anyone’s TODO list? is this bugged like the dead drops were? do i need to guest to a few servers and try and find one for a week to try and complete this achievement?

also have you (arenanet) considered relaying important date changes in a more prominent fashion (opt-in emails, chat spam on start-up, in game mail with alert, patch notes as a toggle-able start-up window option in game?

(edited by oldirtybassturd.6345)

in Living World

Posted by: Slayd.2871

Slayd.2871

Does anyone know if the Bonfires are back up yet?

in Living World

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hello, everyone. This is a status update on the bonfires.

As you know, after a game release, we often patch the game with high priority bug fixes (as we did yesterday).

Bringing the bonfires back was part of today’s batch of updates. We have unfortunately had to delay this hotfix, so the bonfires will not be available today as we’d previously messaged.

We’ll continue to keep you all updated on the status.

The bonfires will be returning, they are just delayed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Content Marketing Lead

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

We’ll continue to keep you all updated on the status.

The bonfires will be returning, they are just delayed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Regina.

in Living World

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah thought I was going mad, kept looking for these (non-existant) bonfires.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Living World

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

Thanks again for the update, Regina!

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

Still no Bonfirs up?

in Living World

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

Can we finish that yet? Don’t want to miss it again. (I’m assuming bonfires equals finishing)

where would the update be saying that we can finish the story?

in Living World

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Well, I missed the one day Karka event due to lag.
Now I missed this one due to a date change.

I’m collecting them. Will there be an achievment for missing one day only events?

Thank you Arena Net.
Sincerely.

You missed it. It was one day ago.

in Living World

Posted by: Vampido.4573

Vampido.4573

I check for the bond fires in 3 locations and none are up in darkhaven server.