Fractured - If It Were Different...

in Living World

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Q:

One thing that was on my mind considerably since I played the new storyline with the Reactor was involving Scarlet…

Now, I tend to try not to be a conspiracy lurker like some are around with ANet and their choices but…

How would we have gotten information about the magical channels around the globe (as hinted to being our next LS segment) if the Reactor wasn’t ever chosen?

How would have ANet delivered Scarlet’s next plotpoint if it was Evon that won instead of Kiel? Since the other fractal likely would have zero ground for being tied in at all with such discoveries.

I’d be rather curious to know, and I doubt its all that ‘super secret’ since it never came to pass, I’d actually love to hear ‘what could have been’ from ANet themselves in that regard.

Otherwise, I’m going to be scratching my head for a while on this one…

Duty is heavier than death.

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Kind of makes you wonder if Kiel was really chosen by the players, doesn’kitten

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The Abaddon fractal could have shown the same thing in a different way. There’s no need to get over excited about what might have made the game but now never will.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is indeed quite possible that the Fall of Abaddon would have touched on the ley-lines as well.
Or they would simply have talked about them in a later release (seems like the DO NOT TOUCH towers might have something to do with it).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Suniahk.7268

Suniahk.7268

Could also be that they have two story lines set up. One in the event of Kiel winning, one for Evon. May be that we’ll still end up seeing the Fall of Abaddon anyway, just at a later date.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Could also be that they have two story lines set up. One in the event of Kiel winning, one for Evon. May be that we’ll still end up seeing the Fall of Abaddon anyway, just at a later date.

Most likely not.
They made it quite clear that the losing fracal will not get made.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

It’s probably that we simply wouldn’t get that fractal and the Abaddon fractal would indeed be unrelated to the current story with Scarlet, in the same way Blood and Madness or Tequatl Rising was. It could however, still touch on ley lines since the fractal was about Abaddon being sent to the realm of torment by melandru, dwayna, balathazar, etc. for creating the bloodstones. Said bloodstones are what caused magic, and the ley lines are basically currents of magic. So it could’ve still been connected, it just wouldn’t have Scarlet in it.

P.S. The Fall of Abaddon fractal was NOT about Kormir killing Abaddon and ascending to godhood. There were two “Falls” of Abaddon. One by Kormir during Nightfall, the other by the human gods much earlier in history shortly before the Exodus of the Gods. (AE being “After Exodus” and BE being “Before Exodus” in the Tyrian dating system. The current year is 1326 AE, and in 2014 in real life it’ll be 1327 AE in Tyria. The Guild Wars 2 story began in 1325 AE with the fall of zhaitan.)

in Living World

Posted by: Natsu.2589

Natsu.2589

It could however, still touch on ley lines since the fractal was about Abaddon being sent to the realm of torment by melandru, dwayna, balathazar, etc. for creating the bloodstones. Said bloodstones are what caused magic, and the ley lines are basically currents of magic.

The Bloodstone (singular) was not created by Abbadon, but by the five races that have fought the Elder Dragons before ‘we’ did. They used this Bloodstone in order to starve out the dragons, which is most likely the reason for their slumber (think of winter sleep) – because the Dragons feed on raw magical energies.

When the Six Gods sent their minions – The Forgotten – to Tyria, they gathered magical objects and one of this objects was the Bloodstone. On arrival of the gods, said Bloodstone was used by them to control magic in Tyria. So they granted magic to the humans (most likely they just released it again or loosened the restraints, which would open it up for other races too). Seemingly Abbadon played a major role in this. Doric, the human king, however saw the misuse of magic by his fellow kind and begged the gods to take it away. The gods then decided to shatter the Bloodstone into 5 pieces – one for each ‘magical school’ and one keystone that is able to merge them again. Then they threw it into a vulcano – called ‘Abbadons Mouth’- that errupted about a thousand years later and spew the whole fun all over the world.

That’s just to get this straight. I agree however, that Abbadon is very suitable to cover the lay lines topic, because he is so closely connected to Tyrias magic and its manipulation.

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The same way the Personal Story allows the players to make choices, but still forcibly funnels everyone to Fort Trinity and Arah eventually.

The Fall of Abbadon would’ve been a different theme and story, but it would have been a means to the same end.

IMO, that’s precisely why they were able to give the players the choice in the first place.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

One thing that was on my mind considerably since I played the new storyline with the Reactor was involving Scarlet…

Now, I tend to try not to be a conspiracy lurker like some are around with ANet and their choices but…

How would we have gotten information about the magical channels around the globe (as hinted to being our next LS segment) if the Reactor wasn’t ever chosen?

How would have ANet delivered Scarlet’s next plotpoint if it was Evon that won instead of Kiel? Since the other fractal likely would have zero ground for being tied in at all with such discoveries.

I’d be rather curious to know, and I doubt its all that ‘super secret’ since it never came to pass, I’d actually love to hear ‘what could have been’ from ANet themselves in that regard.

Otherwise, I’m going to be scratching my head for a while on this one…

Easy explanation. They didn’t have the storyline planned out beforehand, so whatever fractal got chosen would have been fine. (Though I firmly believe that Evon had zero chance of winning given how he was portrayed.)

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Adding Lollet could have been an after thought for all we know, and it probably was. Sometimes I think too much credit can be given.

Either way I wouldn’t read into it too much, after all they could have had a caaaaarazy idea to put her in the Abbadon Fractal….