Frustrated by story pace and cliffhangers

in Living World

Posted by: Kratos.7948

Kratos.7948

We’re 7 episodes in to this story, and given the pace of carapace armor, we’re going to be done with this Living Story season in 2 weeks. It’s obvious we’re not going to get into the meat of the story this season, and I’m starting to get frustrated.

The storywriting is actually very good, but the pacing is off. It’s time to start getting into some plot progression, and another whole season of teasers without real movement is disappointing. And that’s not even getting into the length of the episodes, which make it very difficult to get properly immersed in the story.

Season 2 is starting to feel frustrating in much the same way that Season 1 was frustrating: there’s obvious mystery but no significant progress being made to understanding the mystery. The story writing still has very serious pacing issues, and while some instances have been absolutely spectacular, the plot development has not matched up.

What’s the answer? Should we just not bother starting a story until the whole season is complete? Our generation is the one that likes to binge-watch shows on Netflix, not the one that has to remember to set the VCR. Serialization isn’t fun it’s just frustrating.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

From one cliffhanger to another. Such a waste. Why couldn’t the last episode have ended here?

in Living World

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Thanks for copy-pasting my thread at the top of reddit

I guess plagiarism means they appreciate your writing?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Living World

Posted by: Kratos.7948

Kratos.7948

Thanks for copy-pasting my thread at the top of reddit

I guess plagiarism means they appreciate your writing?

Actually, I thought it was a good post and felt like it was more likely to be seen an ANet employee here rather than at reddit. Seeing as it wasn’t already posted here…

But, ultimately, without proof that the post is yours: we cannot confirm your claims and the post’s yours just as much as it is mine.

(edited by Kratos.7948)

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

It’s same crap as in S1 only worse this time. They stretch tiny bits and pieces way too thin because they don’t have anything else to offer.

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It’s same crap as in S1 only worse this time. They stretch tiny bits and pieces way too thin because they don’t have anything else to offer.

I couldn’t agree less. This is much faster paced than season 1 and we are finding out far more about people’s motives. Better exploration of characters, better exploration of history and better pacing.

I can understand people being frustrated with the lack of resolution for each episode, but this post I don’t agree with at all.

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Quality of the story is better, but that’s not what i was reffering to. The overall pace is just the same or worse if you take into consideration HUGE breaks between episodes and breaks between parts inside of each episode. It still feels like a major DRAG, just like S1 did, only for me it’s even worse. It’s pretty much impossibru to get invested in any of this like that.