Future Races Involvement *LWS3 Spoilers*

in Living World

Posted by: Blue Blade.3049

Blue Blade.3049

So now that we know Primordus is the next elder dragon this makes me excited for potential future races to progress in story. For anyone who played GW1 EotN specifically, we know that the dwarves used the Rite of the Great Dwarf to turn themselves into stone to prevent Primordus’ minions from reaching the surface and destroy Primordus’ champions. With the latest installment of the LW, I think it’s possible and plausible that we will see and interact with our old dwarven friends. If Ogden is still present and involved in the story, what is there to say other dwarves won’t be, especially now that Primordus is awoke.

A second possibility is the Tengu. Now I understand their stance is still one of isolation, BUT, with the defeat of not one but TWO Elder dragons might spark their interest and have them join the fight against Primordus. Since the tengu won’t really be influenced by Jormag, Kralk or the deep sea dragon due to geography, it would make the most sense that if the tengu are going to be involved, Primordus makes the most sense. It would be even more interesting if they became a playable race with the release of the next expansion pack (wink wink anet ). I understand there’s hundreds of lines of voice acting for male and female, personal story, armor, etc that goes with a new playable race but using past resources and how the Dominion of Winds could use some pretty awesome gliding mechanics I think it would be a great selling point for Anet now that legendaries are out. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts. And yes, I know people want other playable races like Kodan and Largos but I’m talking about the latest LW3 and next xpac specifically

(edited by Blue Blade.3049)

in Living World

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

Tengu are already fighting the minions of Primordus (Kessex Hills). So with Primordus getting more active their problem might be getting worse and eventually asking our aid.

And the fact that with the expansion you see new better looking Tengu I’m expecting Tengu to be playable in Living story 3 or the next expansion.

(edited by Death.9268)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Bubbles could quite easily attack them, unless they have a wall going through the sea……

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Nayukhuut.4269

Nayukhuut.4269

I would play a Tengu even if they were just released without any personal story, and all we got on em was the living story. Heck, I would even buy them separately ala what EQ2 now does with races. I love them as a race, and have been hoping for years. And yes, I saw the updated models in the HoT zones and how they’re actually animated and such rather than a basic model, and it also gave me hope that we’ll get them for a race eventually.

My thoughts are basically the same. Since Primordus is the dragon that most directly effects them, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Tengu pop up. Either as an in-game NPC ally, or a playable race. The Tengu in Kessex Hills talks about Primordus already having his burrows for his minions under their wall.

in Living World

Posted by: Blue Blade.3049

Blue Blade.3049

Recently, as small groups of destroyers have begun surfacing on the inside of the Dominion, some of the tengu have made tentative ventures into establishing contact with the outside world. After the defeat of Zhaitan, Izu Steelshrike mentioned that the death of an Elder Dragon may spark renewed tengu interest into joining the other races in their fight against the dragons. However, no such movement has been seen so far.

That was directly from the wiki

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

As far as the dwarves are concerned, I believe most have either died or are at least deep underground fighting the destroyers already. Ogden is the only dwarf seen on the surface in centuries, and has ties with the Durmand Priory. I suppose it’s possible we’ll see the stray dwarf if we go underground to fight Primordus on his turf, but I imagine there won’t be many outside of Ogden himself.

The tengu will definitely be cool to see as a playable race, or perhaps just as an ally, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. It’s still a long way to go before those birds open up their doors to outside races, and I’m not holding my breath. I feel like they’ve become a secondary running gag in the community. “Primordus is active! Tengu confirmed!”

in Living World

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

While I’m not holding my breath for the tengu after, well, pretty much the whole ‘X happened/revealed! Tengu confirmed!’ over and over again and nothing panning out from that, I would for once make a non-charr player character.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

in Living World

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

Since King Jarlis is being tapped by Revenants for power, I would imagine that he is gone at the very least. Hopefully some Dwarves do remain though.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Little off topic: Be carefull what you ask for when wanting Tengu as a playable race. They seem built on a rig similar to the Charr. ( That means ill fitting gear all around and goofy helmets… well, at least trhey don’t have horns to cut off )

in Living World

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

I heard that Tengu were originally planned so I hope they had enough finished to continue and release them.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Little off topic: Be carefull what you ask for when wanting Tengu as a playable race. They seem built on a rig similar to the Charr. ( That means ill fitting gear all around and goofy helmets… well, at least trhey don’t have horns to cut off )

But they do have beaks that’ll clip through face coverings. :p

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I’d only like to point out that “especially now that Primordus is awoke.” bears a little conflict with previous lore instalments – let us remember that by officiall lore Primordus was THE FIRST dragon to awake – he is quite awake for quite a time – as I understood it is just now after two other dragons being slained that he decided to stop being lazy and start “pushing” for real….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Living World

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

@Lord Trejgon : Elder Dragons usually don’t reach over great distances the instant they awoke, Mordremoth being the exception (either because he had prepared himself for a long time, by using Scarlet and Aerinn or simply because of the amount of leyline energy Scarlet had redirected toward it). And in Primordius’ case, he was contained for a long time by the Dwarves. Him reaching the surface only now may very well be because he finally managed to defeat the dwarves and ended devouring whatever subterranean civilization resided underground.

in Living World

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I find it somehow not so good, that they continue with Primordus..
I hoped he would be the last one as he is basically also the strongest of all.
It all started with Primordus’ awakening with the end of EotN..I think it should end also with Primordus.

Would make much more sense to go after the deep sea dragon next to make finally the sea routes safe so that its eithr to go after Kralkatorrik next then and end it then with Jorma and Primordus being the last (at least for Tyria..basically there could be more dragons sleeping somewhere under Cantha/Elona and based on elements, would make 2 dragons more even sense, one per continent of Cantha/Elona as each elder dragon kind of represents an Element…)

Zhaitan = Darkness
Mordremoth = Earth
Jormag = Ice
DSD = Water
Kralkatorrik = Lightning
Primordus = Fire

Theres basically one missing for Wind and one missing for Light, where I think for Cantha would fit best an elder dragon that represents Wind, while for Elona fits best one that represents Light (Sun)
But thats all just basically wishthinking for making the elder dragons look completed and will most likely never happen

I think its just about time finally, that Anet lefts the secret about the deep sea draogn.. we know absolutely nothign about this dragon for 4 years now!!!
DSD is the perfect elder dragon to brign out with a return of Livia and the Scepter of orr in my ipinion, because there exists no other magic artefact that has the gigantic power of the scepter, that could be able to force the DSD out of the water, because the scepter is in the whole history of Tyria the only magic artefact with the power capable of sinking and risign of whole kingdoms, huge land masses of the size of an elder dragon …

and personalyl I’d just love to see Livia replacing marjory (letting marjy become the next tragic death that turns kasmeer finally into a right aggressive powerful fury with good leadign capabilities instead of letting her be permanently this annoying miss little princess in love) (and we receive as legacy then her sword to get hands on finalyl of that nice looking skin with the spirit effect and her currently new sweet looking dress thats looking much better, than the previous boring one …

I’d also finally like to know, what kind of minions the DSD has and would like to see Largos getting completely redesigned, so that they can become a playable race, because besides of tengu are in my opinion the Largos the only other worthy race, that should become ever later a new playable race and they are by lore basically already now under water our biggest obvious allies that will help us in defeatign the DSD, as the DSD and his minions forced the Largos to flee from their home regions in panic of not getting turned into one of his minions or being killed, or beign killed and then turned into one of his minions however.

I think the DSD would be now the far more interestign choice to go after with the next expansion, than to go for Primordus….

Yes, primordus may show now some more “activities”, but that must mean nothing … showign some more activities can mean also just that we will eventually see in regard of some follow up living world parts in season 3 now some more destroyer related events with maybe addign finally a primordus related dragon champion boss to the table,, which is in my opinion already long overdue, when you look at Tequatl, Shatterer, Jormags Claw ..I think we need a new fire related dragon champion to make a map like Fireheart finally alot more interesting to return to it more oftenly ….

That could it be already with more “primordus activity” I think and I hope it won’t b more than this..the next expansion should reveal finally the DSD… its way too long now overdue with 4 years of having absolutely no information about it …. other than that its name begins with an “S”

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside