Future of Living World and Personal Story

in Living World

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I’m not certain someone has posted this or not, but it has been on my mind since we took down Scarlet. The game is going in the direction towards what the personal story was originally going with the elder dragons. It’s something I kind of have an issue with. I love the living world and the idea behind it, don’t get me wrong there, but I am also one of those people who loves to level new toons all the way to eighty then play through their personal story, over and over again. I’m currently on my third run through of the personal story and love it just as much as the first time.

Now the issue I have with the living world is this: elder dragons should be expansion content for facing them and defeating them. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really cool idea to have an elder dragon awaken on us and get new maps (maybe the new maps), but then I have two weeks to run through that living world update instead of the time to take my toons through it one at a time. I didn’t even get to experience all of the last patch because of midterms in college. So, it’s really a concern to me (someone who can’t be on too often) where the living world is taking us and the fact A-net has said nothing about expansions.

There is also the little line we got about the pact in the epilogue, about having to beg Trehearne for the airship, but that leave more questions than answers. While not everyone has played through the personal story even once, a lot of people have, and we’re the commander of the pact, Trehearne’s second, so what’s going on there? Why didn’t the pact act? Is it because they don’t want to become the police force of the world and want to only focus on the elder dragons. This makes senses, but then why wouldn’t there have been issues with commander being there for most (if not all) of the living world… (that is a random question i had).

Please A-net, I love the story and what’s going on in it, but please don’t make the facing and defeating of a dragon living world. I won’t mind just the issues of it waking up and the starting of the battles, but the killing of it? And what really goes into the killing of it? Seems like something (or is something) that should be addressed by an expansion.

Thank you for your time.

in Living World

Posted by: timartinho.8043

timartinho.8043

I don’t think killing a Dragon should be a a Personal Story thing.
Actually, I hate killing Zaithan in Arah and not like Jormag ou Tequatl.
I’m not saying to ANET do a ultra normal meta event, but to do a EPIC event that everyone needs to be and know what to do.

Stylus Targaryen - 80 Asura Guardian[main]
Stylus Sunstrider - 80 Charr Warrior[alt]
Bombista - 80 Human Engineer[alt]

in Living World

Posted by: PsiQss.6927

PsiQss.6927

Well, nobody said that we’ll fight Mordremoth in the next season of the Living Story. What I think about it, is that this first season was to INTRODUCE this new dragon to the world. The next season will probably be about the consequences of waking him up or something, but we’ll probably also get a personal story content where we’ll be figuring out a way to defeat him.

As far as I know, ANet said that PS will be about fighting dragons, and LS about other dangers. With that in mind, it would make sense if we were to fight his champions/minions/whatever in the LS and the dragon himself in our PS. I think.

in Living World

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

All dragon fights should be permanent, Anet is working on the ability to replay old/missed LS updates (hope in time for season 2). This would make it fine for dragons to be in LS. No one thinks or suggested that dragons should be temporary.