GW1 Lores for GW2 Living World S2?

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So do you think we will finally obtain more lore about what happened between Gw1 and Gw2 in the Maguuma Jungle now?

Some Lore like…

What happened to Livia after GW1 since we last saw her finding the Sceptor of Orr deep in the Muguuma Jungle at the end of Eye of the North?

What happened to M.O.X. after GW1?

What happened to the Druids of Maguuma?

What has become of the Blood Stone in Maguuma?

What happened to Saul D’Alessio and where did the Mursaats take him to keep him silent.

and so on…

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nothing is off the table….

Lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Livia is probably still working for the Shining Blade – it seems that she found some type of immortality by the time of the Sea of Sorrows book.

The rest of those may be introduced in this storyline. I think it’s unlikely that the Bloodstone is particularly related to Mordremoth but it can easily be an interesting sideshow.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I hope we at least get more on the White Mantle.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I honestly hope they go back to GW1 lore. The game’s lore has really not been very strong ever since their strong departures from the original lore. Scarlet and her alliances (with rather simplistic motives) aren’t nearly as menacing as the fanatical White Mantle, the evil Mursaat (who kill by simply looking at you), or the unstoppable hordes of titans (especially those creepy jungle titans). They’ve oversimplified a lot of the races. Norn are all now drunks that boast a lot for comic relief. Asura are all crazy inventors who have talking golems, and can solve any plot point with their techno-magic. And the role of the gods has completely been eliminated because the game is no longer human-focused. It’s also a shame how they’ve basically red-conned the importance of the Blood Stones, which may be one of the most important details about the Maguuma Jungle.

I want them to go back to basics. White Mantle, Mursaat, Blood Stones, in any order.

Maybe they’ll find the time to make Mordremoth feel like a real threat in the middle of that all.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i didnt even think of MOX ..i loved him in gw1…
great idea i hope we will see him again

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I doubt that because that would be a lot of work. We may see some small hints here and there but nothing major.

We should accept that they won’t go back to stuff like the mursaat, the underworld, etc… maybe they planned that for post-release but now we have the living story.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I doubt that because that would be a lot of work. We may see some small hints here and there but nothing major.

We should accept that they won’t go back to stuff like the mursaat, the underworld, etc… maybe they planned that for post-release but now we have the living story.

I don’t know why we couldn’t see any of that. They could all be part of the LS. White mantle are humans which are already skinned for the game. Mursaat could be easily implemented by just adapting the human or norn skins.

And the bloodstone is just a large environmental slab.

It wouldn’t be any more work than anything else to bring back into the game.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Livia is probably still working for the Shining Blade – it seems that she found some type of immortality by the time of the Sea of Sorrows book.

The rest of those may be introduced in this storyline. I think it’s unlikely that the Bloodstone is particularly related to Mordremoth but it can easily be an interesting sideshow.

Well the Bloodstone is a very powerful source of magic which makes it a very good target for Mordremoth since he is very very hungry right now.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe they said during one of recent livestreams that S2 will be full of references to original GW1 lore, but I doubt it will be main focus.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Narn Tarborin.1740

Narn Tarborin.1740

White mantle are humans which are already skinned for the game.

White Mantle are already in GW2, albeit only with a small role in one of the human personal story lines (the Unknown Parents option for anyone wondering).

EDIT: Actually, I guess if you count their ghosts, there’s some around the Aurora’s Remains area of Brisban Wildlands too, including the Demagogue.

“What are we going to do tonight Vekk?”
“The same thing we do every night, Ogden. Try to take over the world!”

(edited by Narn Tarborin.1740)

in Living World

jheryn.8390

White mantle are humans which are already skinned for the game.

White Mantle are already in GW2, albeit only with a small role in one of the human personal story lines (the Unknown Parents option for anyone wondering).

EDIT: Actually, I guess if you count their ghosts, there’s some around the Aurora’s Remains area of Brisban Wildlands too, including the Demagogue.

Correct. I was simply stating that it would in fact, NOT be difficult to design White Mantle characters as they are humans. They would not have to come up with new skins like they would for something like hydra, vaettir, various mandragors, and wisps.

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Actually, the last time we saw Livia, she was with Prince Edair in Sea of Sorrows…Both are still MIA…if she still has the scepter…they could potentially both still be alive using its magic…we have gap in the line of rulers between Edair and Jennah…Edair would easily be in his 70’s currently…it was Livia’s sole purpose in SoS to protect the royal line of Kryta.

…wonder if their will be any more letters from E

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if you look here, he died before jennah was even born.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Royalty_family_tree

in Living World

GussJr.1643

That’s actually wrong, because there is no lore to support his death. You can’t take everything on the wiki to be fact. But, if you can find an actual piece of lore stating he’s dead…then by all means…

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Living World

sorudo.9054

as long as there is no other prove then what the wiki states, that’s what i go for.

in Living World

GussJr.1643

I’d suggest a different way to go then…and do your research.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I hope we get to go here, http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Majesty%27s_Rest

And fight a new world boss who is this guy. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rotscale

I remember when I hated even setting foot in this area, just because it was this guys home, and I couldn’t beat him when I first started playing. As time went on and I learned how to play better he became less of a challenge, but I still hold him in high regard, and would take on another boss fight in Guild wars over him as they where easy and didn’t require the learning curve I had with him.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I honestly hope they go back to GW1 lore. The game’s lore has really not been very strong ever since their strong departures from the original lore. Scarlet and her alliances (with rather simplistic motives) aren’t nearly as menacing as the fanatical White Mantle, the evil Mursaat (who kill by simply looking at you), or the unstoppable hordes of titans (especially those creepy jungle titans). They’ve oversimplified a lot of the races. Norn are all now drunks that boast a lot for comic relief. Asura are all crazy inventors who have talking golems, and can solve any plot point with their techno-magic. And the role of the gods has completely been eliminated because the game is no longer human-focused. It’s also a shame how they’ve basically red-conned the importance of the Blood Stones, which may be one of the most important details about the Maguuma Jungle.

I want them to go back to basics. White Mantle, Mursaat, Blood Stones, in any order.

Maybe they’ll find the time to make Mordremoth feel like a real threat in the middle of that all.

Could not agree more.

And Rotscale…definitely want to see rotscale!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I believe they said during one of recent livestreams that S2 will be full of references to original GW1 lore, but I doubt it will be main focus.

That would be so amazing! I’d imagine that Maguuma will be much wilder than it was when we last saw it 250 years ago. I’m hoping we’ll see some Thorn Stalkers or http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Root_Behemoth

There are some petrified Druids around the edges of Maguuma, but it would be interesting to see more hints about them here or there.

I like the idea of Mordremoth feeding off of a bloodstone, though somehow I was under the impression that Elder Dragons were much more potent sources of magic in of themselves?

in Living World

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I like the idea of Mordremoth feeding off of a bloodstone, though somehow I was under the impression that Elder Dragons were much more potent sources of magic in of themselves?

We’re quite potent meat sources ourselves, but that doesn’t stop us from seeking out more meat to consume.

Fishsticks

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Could not agree more.

I agree. How ever, geographically Majesty’s Rest would be directly adjacent to Queensdale. So they would have to expand further west of Kryta, rather than the jungle.

in Living World

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Sadly this is true. I wish we get less of this “new” diluted GW2 lore and more GW1 related or inspired lore.
The kind that felt more dark, serious and was interesting to learn about and immerse yourself in.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I don’t know why we couldn’t see any of that. They could all be part of the LS. White mantle are humans which are already skinned for the game. Mursaat could be easily implemented by just adapting the human or norn skins.

Apparently, they were considering at one point having White Mantle gatecrash the Jubilee. It was decided not to do that partially because they decided that when they have the White Mantle acting openly (rather than hand-in-glove with bandits in the human storyline) they want to do it properly - custom armours and all that.

It’s probably been over a year since the original Jubilee was planned out – that may well have been enough time to lay out the groundwork.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Could not agree more.

I agree. How ever, geographically Majesty’s Rest would be directly adjacent to Queensdale. So they would have to expand further west of Kryta, rather than the jungle.

That is true, but Majesty’s Rest was a transition map. It was half Kryta half Maguma.

From the Wiki;
Although Majesty’s Rest is considered to be in Kryta, it is divided into a Maguuma Jungle area and a Krytan area, each with their own typical vegetation, landscape and foes. Chests in the Maguuma Jungle area will be Krytan Chests.

So we could see it, but I’m not holding my breath.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: Elitarny Mistrz.6051

Elitarny Mistrz.6051

Great-grandson of Zinn with G.o.x and M.O.X and Great-grandson of Vekk fighting against Dragon minions

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

As long as the LS is sylvari centered there will not be gw1 lore in gw2. Simply because the sylvari where not in GW1. I honestly don’t expect to much of lore being fallowed through. Anet likes to leave things open ended it appears so we close the loopholes ourselves.

in Living World

jheryn.8390

As long as the LS is sylvari centered there will not be gw1 lore in gw2. Simply because the sylvari where not in GW1. I honestly don’t expect to much of lore being fallowed through. Anet likes to leave things open ended it appears so we close the loopholes ourselves.

Who says it will be Sylvari centered?

in Living World

Fafnir.5124

Anet on a few occasions. It is why scarlet was first villain and Mordy is first dragon. Main Lore wireter is heavly bias to sylvari and mentions how she wishes to expend there lore through LW.

They are a race that don’t know their own identity kidnapped as a child.

in Living World

jheryn.8390

Sorry, but there is nothing to indicate from all the information that has been leaked that it will be another Sylvari based storyline. Even if Mordy is the dragon, it doesn’t mean that it is sylvari based. But I have looked around and searched my web off and nothing indicates this will be a sylvari based LS.

All things point to this being a zephyrite centered story. And many think it will involve the White Mantle. This is the first I have heard from anywhere that it is Sylvari based.

(edited by jheryn.8390)

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Anet on a few occasions. It is why scarlet was first villain and Mordy is first dragon. Main Lore wireter is heavly bias to sylvari and mentions how she wishes to expend there lore through LW.

I think that if they do it will be a side story. Plenty of people have stated there dislike of Sylvari leads in the guild wars story. Trehurn then scarlet met a very mixed reception, I for one found them very boring. Which has also lead me to have a strong dislike to the whole race. I really wish they where not part of the game. They should have used the Tengui.

in Living World

jheryn.8390

I think that if they do it will be a side story. Plenty of people have stated there dislike of Sylvari leads in the guild wars story. Trehurn then scarlet met a very mixed reception, I for one found them very boring. Which has also lead me to have a strong dislike to the whole race. I really wish they where not part of the game. They should have used the Tengui.

Agreed. Also a guildmate just told me that there was a dev interview or livestream where they were indicating that there would be a lot of references to GW1 lore in LS2 and it would have impact on the story.

I’ll post it as soon as he finds it.

in Living World

Fafnir.5124

2nd Tree will make it Sylvari oriented even if Mordy doesn’t.

I am not honesly pushing for this and truely hope you guys are right

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve seen people mention the dev live stream saying a lot of GW1 lore in LS2. But everyone has failed to provide a link.

in Living World

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

And fight a new world boss who is this guy. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rotscale

Hidden Lake in Brisban Wildlands is almost certainly Majesty’s Rest. The topogrpahy is correct and its position relative to other landmarks such as Aurora Glade, Fort Koga, the Henge of Denravi (Shattered Henge) and the river that starts to the southeast and flows away are roughly correct.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Well it’s the Maguuma Wastes, the area itself may very well be one giant reference. It’s hard to say.

Also OP, GW:EN was not the end of GW1. Winds of Change was which were a series of quests, completely free, for players to play through that kind of summed everything up.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Also OP, GW:EN was not the end of GW1. Winds of Change was which were a series of quests, completely free, for players to play through that kind of summed everything up.

I’m not saying GW:EN was the end of GW1. I’m saying there are a lot of question they left behind back in GW1 at the end of Eye of the North that was originally meant to be answered in GW2.

Besides Eye of the North was the end for Tyria story in GW1 settign the stage for events that leads into what Tyria is in GW2 while also leaving behind Lores that was meant to be in GW2 version of Tyria.

Wind of Change was the conclusion to the story in Cantha to set the stage for the events that made Cantha to what it is in GW2. The focus of Wind of Change was to show how Cantha was affected and changed over the years since Factions and what lead it into the current state it is now in GW2.

I remember there was originally going to be a end story for Elona as well for GW1 but they scrapt it for some reason.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

sorudo.9054

war in kryta is the tyria end story, EotN is only a lead to GW2…..

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve seen people mention the dev live stream saying a lot of GW1 lore in LS2. But everyone has failed to provide a link.

Here’s the link: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4412034

It’s mentioned a bit after 4:10 or so. =)

Also, notice the view they chose for the background. Portends things to come (at the time)? ; )

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Hidden Lake in Brisban Wildlands is almost certainly Majesty’s Rest. The topogrpahy is correct and its position relative to other landmarks such as Aurora Glade, Fort Koga, the Henge of Denravi (Shattered Henge) and the river that starts to the southeast and flows away are roughly correct.

If you look at this map http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/guild_wars_2_points_of_interest.jpg
You can see that it is above that, some of majesty’s rest maybe in brisban but not the Mausoleum. As you can see this map is very accurate.

in Living World

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I don’t want to be the one to say this……. but I think the team behind GW2 Living Story never even played GW1 or read into GW1 lore.

Yea they finally went to one of the dragons (after being told to thousands of times), but stuff like this is less obvious stuff I don’t see the new recruits knowing about.

Of course, if they prove me wrong I will take back every word in this post, and may even give a written apology?

Everything in that first post are things I’d like to know.

I remember there was originally going to be a end story for Elona as well for GW1 but they scrapt it for some reason.

The only conclusion I can come to is, this must of been the point where they decided to scrap Cantha and Elona ever being in GW2, so didn’t bother wasting time doing Elona.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

All the mursaat are dead. The seers are probably dead too.
One thing from GW1 I’d like to see are the vine bridges and traps.

in Living World

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

As you can see this map is very accurate.

It depends on where you look. The lake and island with Rotscale which I presume are Hidden Lake in GW2 would not have to be moved farther than Fisherman’s Haven and not nearly as far as Kessex Peak to line up at the new location. Other areas, such as Riverside Province, do not “match up” on those maps at all.

Facts: the topography matches, the river headwater and riverbed are in roughly the correct place, Aurora Glade and Koga are in roughly the right place. Also, there is a Mausoleum just east of Hidden Lake with grave around it, as well. If Hidden Lake is not Rotscale’s Island, it is extremely similar for some unexplained reason.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

scrutinises the maps

I think I agree with Brother Belial here. I’m also going to have to give ArenaNet more credit for making their GW2 maps and GW1 maps align than I had previously – the big mountain that Skrittstead is in is actually on the GW1 map, albeit not explorable… (The river that Riverside was named after has still been treated pretty roughly, though.)

Which actually bodes ill for Loamhurst, despite interviews that suggested that Loamhurst might be in the next map over – by my estimation, it’s right in the zone-dividing mountain range on the western edge of Queensdale, next to the Western Divinity Dam. That flooded area north of the Mausoleum on BrotherBelial’s link matches roughly with the swamps you have to traverse to reach Loamhurst.

Either way, when you line it up, it looks like the Hidden Lake area might actually be the low, wet area just to the east of Druid’s Overlook in the Sage Lands.

EDIT: On another look, actually, the river IS winding through Metrica as would be expected. It seems off because of the extra tributaries, the part visible in the GW1 map being obscured from the overhead view by vegetation, and the lack of a clear connection point with the bay – but the latter was true in GW1 when you think about it. Seems the river has an underwater section there.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

sorry forgotten about War in Kryta.

Back on topic:

There is one other thing that still remains a mystery since GW1 and that is what happened to Saul D’Alessio.

From the bonus pack story we learned the truth about what really happened when the White Mantle was formed and that the Mursaat took Saul away because they gave him their most powerful magical knowledge that allowed him to resist the Mursast’s magic and to prevent him from turning the krytans against the Mursaat since he discovered their true nature.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Back on topic:

There is one other thing that still remains a mystery since GW1 and that is what happened to Saul D’Alessio.

From the bonus pack story we learned the truth about what really happened when the White Mantle was formed and that the Mursaat took Saul away because they gave him their most powerful magical knowledge that allowed him to resist the Mursast’s magic and to prevent him from turning the krytans against the Mursaat since he discovered their true nature.

My guess would be they killed him. Or kept him prisoner. 250 years on its safe to say he’s dead.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

Back on topic:

My guess would be they killed him. Or kept him prisoner. 250 years on its safe to say he’s dead.

maybe that same magic messed with his mortality

in Living World

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I still think Livia is Countess Anise.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I still think Livia is Countess Anise.

She could be the Septor of Orr is a powerful object. And she’s been carrying it around for some time after the war in Kryta I would guess.

in Living World

jheryn.8390

All the mursaat are dead. The seers are probably dead too.
One thing from GW1 I’d like to see are the vine bridges and traps.

Not necessarily. Only the known Mursaat were said to have been killed. If there are others out there in other places, we do not know about it.

From the wiki:

Since the Titans’ release, at least eight Mursaat are known to have survived, and seven of them have continued to lead the White Mantle until the end of the Krytan civil war. Although these seven are known to have been killed off, Lazarus’ fate, and if anymore Mursaat survived, is still unknown.