GW1 Map of Maguuma Jungle

in Living World

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

I’ve attached a picture of the GW1 map of Maguuma Jungle. From the video it looks like only Dry Top, Ettin’s Back, Ventari’s Refuge, Sage Lands and Druid’s Overlook could possibly be new zones, as they are all “Desert” environment.

If you find another picture that could resemble the GW2 video, feel free to post.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Maguuma changed a lot since GW1, also we can’t say that we’ll only get a desert map, we can get a desert and a “swampy” map, I’m sure that we won’t get only 1 map during the season 2.
But at start Dry Top is a big candidate to be in the season 2.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

http://zoom.it/cw31d

By the look of things, I’m hoping for:

Dry Top
Tangle Root
Maguuma Stade

All rolled into one zone. However, me and a lot of other players from Aurora Glade, are of course hoping they’ll also add more of Aurora Glade. There’s only part of the mission that is now included in GW2. But we’re still missing the outpost I think.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

The Maguuma Jungle has changed over the years to how it looks on the GW1 map. I mean the northern part, it’s not a jungle anymore, it’s dried out wastes since the dragons arose. Apparently, the only part left as jungle is Magus Falls and the Tarnished Coasts.

So I’m guessing we will only get desert, waste like maps, with spots slightly less affected by the elder dragons. The GW2 map seems to show a few lakes and spots of green land so.

| Lithia |

(edited by sazberryftw.3809)

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

So, judging from the picture, maps in GW1 were not those ugly rectangles we have in GW2?

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

So, judging from the picture, maps in GW1 were not those ugly rectangles we have in GW2?

Not exactly. They tended to be more divided along geographical boundaries. The boundaries in GW1 did seem to be a little more normal.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nope. The maps in guild wars where amazing, but also very small. Like kessex hills is about 4-5 zones from GW

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Nope. The maps in guild wars where amazing, but also very small. Like kessex hills is about 4-5 zones from GW

Yes and no, they were small in direct comparison with GW2’s maps, but they took longer to traverse and so the world felt a lot bigger (not to mention there were just more areas in GW1, map completion in Prophecies took an age compared to map completion in GW2).

in Living World

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

The big rectangle effect that plagues the world map is the direct consequence of implementing jumping in the game. To impose limits on maps you have to “wall” it with giant mountains that one can see from far away. There comes your rectangles.

The same effect is at work in GW1, but since a small gap/wall/lake can block the party (no jump, no swimming) and the maps have a smaller superficy, rectangles are hard to notice

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

(edited by VodCom.6924)

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Yes and no, they were small in direct comparison with GW2’s maps, but they took longer to traverse and so the world felt a lot bigger (not to mention there were just more areas in GW1, map completion in Prophecies took an age compared to map completion in GW2).

This.

It is uncertain exactly how many new maps are going to be unveiled, though I’m assuming that much of the Maguuma Jungle will be revealed over the course of LS2.

I’m hoping we get to see remnants of Ventari’s refuge or The Falls.

in Living World

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Gotta get those totem axes

Fishsticks

in Living World

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

just lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

just lol.

The single most useful item in the game lol… I think I used mine on every character for the majority of my GW1 career.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

What if desertification is turning the entire place into a desert? I mean, a lot can happen in 5 years, and it’s been 250. And we only got a quick look at the zone, it could all be there.

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

A good part of what used to be jungle turned into a rocky desert for sure, but I don’t think that everything turned into a desert.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes and no. Mapping was harder in guild wars dew to having to scrape every inch of the map. In GW2 you only have to clip the area to have it count as being mapped.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

From the looks of it, we’ll be first going to what used to be Silverwood and Mamnoon Lagoon. Silverwood connects to Bloodstone Fen :o

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Yes and no. Mapping was harder in guild wars dew to having to scrape every inch of the map. In GW2 you only have to clip the area to have it count as being mapped.

It was also harder because you couldn’t just skip every monster you encountered. In GW1 you pretty much had to fight your way through each zone.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

2-in-1 : cartographer + vanquishing (hard mode)

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

2-in-1 : cartographer + vanquishing (hard mode)

Cartographer can go back to the deep pit it came from.

I think we will only get a little tiny section on the first release, basically a new “camp” or staging area for the fight into the Magumma Jungle with most of the new stuff taking place in Brisban. I also believe the 2nd release will give us a full new map, w/o skill points, pois, and vistas. So that the map will turn into another Southsun after the living story is done with it. That’s just my cynicism of anet from the past 1 1/2+ years though.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I’d like to see through Dry Top down to The Falls.

in Living World

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I really hated the jungle in gw1. I did it once, and for all my successive characters I would just skip it and go straight to the desert.

Hope they make it better in gw2.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I really hated the jungle in gw1. I did it once, and for all my successive characters I would just skip it and go straight to the desert.

Hope they make it better in gw2.

I liked all of guild wars. I find that most people skip maguma dew to Arora Glade. A lot of people find that hard.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

Which is silly because once you know what you’re doing Aurora Glade is actually super fun!

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

Just because they showed desert in the video, doesnt mean that all the zones we get will be only desert. Could have just as much new jungle as we do desert in the new zones. In GW1 it was about an even ratio.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Which is silly because once you know what you’re doing Aurora Glade is actually super fun!

Yeah I did it the other day with one of my toons. Great fun. Love watching my hero’s cutting down the White Mantle.

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

GW1 maps took longer to traverse because:

• you had to fight every enemy, skipping not that easy
  • you couldn’t jump and so you had to follow tubelike paths. You couldn’t even jump off/run off a plateau
http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

@Marcus, yes all of that is true, but they genuinely did take a much longer time to run even excluding all of that.

If you picked an area where you could run in a straight line for 10 minutes without hitting enemies in GW1 you could easily do so and not reach the other end of the map – in GW2 if you run for 10 minutes in a straight line (not hitting anything including enemies) you’re going to get from one end of the map to the other quite easily. GW2 has much faster running speeds which makes the maps comparatively smaller.