Gate travel doesn't seem any cheaper

in Living World

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Just transferred to Cursed Shore from Lion’s Arch and the cost was 2s 77c. I’m pretty sure the fees were about the same. I don’t see any deep discounts on gate travel since kiel won the election.

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I agree. I’ve been thinking in about 50% of wp cost. But looks more alikely of 10%. The discount had been added already?

in Living World

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

True. I expected a significant discount, as promised by Kiel but I can barely tell if it’s cheaper now, or not. Looks the same to me. Stupid.

in Living World

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Normal Base fee for level 80 = 1s39c
Base fee now for level 80 = 1s11c

So it’s about -20%

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Kiel lied.. what were u guys expecting?

…Politics! :]

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Told you guys the savings is miniscule.

While cheaper BL keys save you several gold.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Only if you’re stupid enough to buy em

in Living World

johnsonade.9547

Purchased BL keys and gem store items are how they’re able to make content for living world, hire more people, and add expansions to endgame content besides selling new games, so no I don’t think that person is stupid for buying BL keys or anything they want, but If Arenanet said there would be a discount for travel based on the in game elections, 20% isn’t anything substantial.

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Oh, I buy gem stuff. I don’t kitten my money away on buying lottery tickets. In a game or rl.

in Living World

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Purchased BL keys and gem store items are how they’re able to make content for living world, hire more people, and add expansions to endgame content besides selling new games, so no I don’t think that person is stupid for buying BL keys or anything they want, but If Arenanet said there would be a discount for travel based on the in game elections, 20% isn’t anything substantial.

Gem store items aren’t a part of this conversation though, just the keys (considering he was comparing the key reduction to the wp reduction). And the keys are mostly useless thanks to the new achievement chests giving out chest reward items (and the fact that those items were never very good/useful to begin with) with the exception of getting the new skin tickets that are inside now. And technically if you wanted one of them it would have been cheaper before the key reduction, because before the reduction it took less ticket scraps to get 1 ticket, now it takes 5 (I think) times as many, so a 20% key reduction cost wouldn’t have actually saved any money.

Also the vote was never about the key/wp reduction (and in my opinion never should have been about the fractal choice either), it was about which person is going to take charge and affect the living story in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t buy BL Keys, so I wouldn’t have saved a single copper.

miniscule > nothing at all.

in Living World

johnsonade.9547

Gem store items aren’t a part of this conversation though, just the keys (considering he was comparing the key reduction to the wp reduction). And the keys are mostly useless thanks to the new achievement chests giving out chest reward items (and the fact that those items were never very good/useful to begin with) with the exception of getting the new skin tickets that are inside now. And technically if you wanted one of them it would have been cheaper before the key reduction, because before the reduction it took less ticket scraps to get 1 ticket, now it takes 5 (I think) times as many, so a 20% key reduction cost wouldn’t have actually saved any money.

Also the vote was never about the key/wp reduction (and in my opinion never should have been about the fractal choice either), it was about which person is going to take charge and affect the living story in the future.

Much appreciation for a well thought out response. But I have to beg to differ on the idea of BK key usefulness since I use keys from the gem store a lot. And yes I have about 5,600 Achievement points so I’ve definitely enjoyed the bonuses from the new achievement chests. But with black lion chests, useful items like resurrection pods, instant repair canisters, crafting experience boosters, regeneration buffs, name change contracts and even total makeover kits usually help me out a lot. As an aside, I think the increased cost of BL weapon tickets for Aetherized weapon skins is ridiculous so I’m turned off from purchasing BL keys in the future. If I want content that the BL chests drop, I’ll buy it directly. And yes, I think 20% savings in BL keys would’ve been a lot more visible a boon from the election than what I’m currently seeing for travel, but I also see that this wouldn’t matter for those that don’t purchase those keys.

But to the point that you mentioned about future living story lore, honestly I wouldn’t even have voted If it wasn’t for the different perks announced for either NPC candidate. I’m just saying, if Arenanet is going to offer choice of discount, it should be a lot more substantial in the travel area.

in Living World

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

I don’t buy BL Keys, so I wouldn’t have saved a single copper.

miniscule > nothing at all.

I get more copper coins of any random mob then this saving.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Living World

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Good job Kiel supporter you just got screw over by her.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Living World

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

You must be going crazy because I see a huge difference, the real WP costs are normally 3-4s especially if you’re in Orr or Frostgorge and go practically anywhere. With the discount I haven’t seen it go over 2s. (Granted I haven’t been doing ori runs as of late with all the patches and whatnot, but I notice the change.)

in Living World

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I’ve been really pleased at how much cheaper it is bopping around Tyria.

Given that both discounts were offered as temporary (1 month), and given I don’t open BL boxes unless a key drops (when, I admit, the anticipation is fun), it’s been a good deal for me, as I bop around Tyria a lot.