Geodes to Wallet

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Raven.2175

Raven.2175

Dont know if someone already brought this up but,
why aren’t they (the geodes) placed in the Wallet?
Right now i have to move those things from Char to bank
to my Main to effectivly use them.

Its a “currency” so why aren’t they in the Wallet?

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I don’t think they’re permanent. After the Zephyrites get back on their feet, adios.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I don’t think they’re permanent. After the Zephyrites get back on their feet, adios.

Unless they add something else afterwards, that would kill the entire Dry Top area.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

+1 for Geodes to Account Wallet. I just realised – they take 10 slots in my inventory, it is not ok. Also, i can’t play other characters and spend geodes effectively.

P.S. “Override Bump: Yes, I understand I am bumping an old topic.” Yes, it is necessary.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

+1 to this. Adding any new currency to the system should be done with the thought of adding it to the wallet. So they should’ve added them in the wallet already when they introduced the geodes.

P. S. – It would also be great if Foxfire Clusters were added to the collections, after all they are a crafting component just like all the stone lumps and herbs that randomly drop while mining or gathering.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

+1 to this. Adding any new currency to the system should be done with the thought of adding it to the wallet. So they should’ve added them in the wallet already when they introduced the geodes.

P. S. – It would also be great if Foxfire Clusters were added to the collections, after all they are a crafting component just like all the stone lumps and herbs that randomly drop while mining or gathering.

Geodes may not stick around, and there is very little to do with Foxfire Clusters. Like Mystic Clovers.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Arctinus.7824

Geodes may not stick around, and there is very little to do with Foxfire Clusters. Like Mystic Clovers.

But, like someone already mentioned, what would happen to Dry Top? Yes, perhaps it’d be weird if Zephyrites never recovered. However, the ’’permanent’’ content bothers me. Since you can replay the LS, you can get the essential parts for the backpiece with each new character. So, if I understand it correctly, everyone that is going to purchase the past episodes (say, next year) will be able to craft the backpiece. Therefore it would make sense if geodes stayed, since the recipes for the backpiece recquire geodes in order to obtain them.

Unless they change the way how you can get the recipes in a few months time.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Unless they change the way how you can get the recipes in a few months time.

I was afraid you wouldn’t use your head, for a second.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Arctinus.7824

Well, since I’ve been carrying it around this whole time, I thought, why not give it a try and use it. I think I might try again someday.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They said that all of Season 2 will be permanent, however, and the means to get the items from the merchants must remain somehow.

It would be weird to destroy the primary system that makes Dry Top unique from all other zones, permanently, especially as the geodes are rewarded not only in Dry Top, but in Season 2 story instances – particularly episodes 1 and 2. It would require far too much work to remove those, and removing the Zephyrites as you previously claimed would remove most events out of Dry Top. The place would become like Southsun Cove after The Lost Shores – devoid of any real activity. Geodes are also the primary reason to remain in Dry Top and replay that content, so why go elsewhere?

It feels like it’d be doing too much work, in all honesty. And for what reason? “Because the Zephyrites got up and left?” Well, there’s more sources of Geodes than just the Zephyrites, and not all Zephyrites crashed in the first place (only 3 ships of their 13+ ship fleet, though one was the flagship). More likely, that zone will become “stuck in time” like all the other zones until there’s a new update specifically for it, or a plot reason to have the Zephyrites move on, and that could take years.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

They said that all of Season 2 will be permanent, however, and the means to get the items from the merchants must remain somehow.

It would be weird to destroy the primary system that makes Dry Top unique from all other zones, permanently, especially as the geodes are rewarded not only in Dry Top, but in Season 2 story instances – particularly episodes 1 and 2. It would require far too much work to remove those, and removing the Zephyrites as you previously claimed would remove most events out of Dry Top. The place would become like Southsun Cove after The Lost Shores – devoid of any real activity. Geodes are also the primary reason to remain in Dry Top and replay that content, so why go elsewhere?

It feels like it’d be doing too much work, in all honesty. And for what reason? “Because the Zephyrites got up and left?” Well, there’s more sources of Geodes than just the Zephyrites, and not all Zephyrites crashed in the first place (only 3 ships of their 13+ ship fleet, though one was the flagship). More likely, that zone will become “stuck in time” like all the other zones until there’s a new update specifically for it, or a plot reason to have the Zephyrites move on, and that could take years.

Turn the item into some mundane trophy to be sold, have that norn merchant exchange the remaining Geodes for some mini/bag, whatever.

Southsun is “empty” because nothing was placed there, surely they’ll not make that mistake again (maybe there’s even future plans for Southsun Cove).

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Turn the item into some mundane trophy to be sold, have that norn merchant exchange the remaining Geodes for some mini/bag, whatever.

Southsun is “empty” because nothing was placed there, surely they’ll not make that mistake again (maybe there’s even future plans for Southsun Cove).

But why?

Why remove Geodes? They’re not unique to Zephyrites. The merchants are, but not the geodes. Replace the merchants, done and done.

Why remove all the Zephyrite events? Do that and it’s empty/emptier. They’d need to build and test a full new series of events for… what purpose, exactly? Fields of Ruins and all those other maps are stuck in time, Dry Top can be too just as easily – by doing nothing.

Southsun is empty because they didn’t replace the events they took out. They didn’t replace them because – I presume – they didn’t have time to. Why would such change?

Why remove content, after promising that it’ll all be permanent?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Why remove content, after promising that it’ll all be permanent?

I do remember not being the only person to interpret the announcement of permanent content to mean the Living Story episodes and the map, that the Events and NPCs could and would change (Prosperity).

Maybe the Geodes aren’t in your Wallet so as to elicit the compulsion to spend, so when more Tiers or items are introduced, you’re back in Dry Top for a little longer than “a trip to the store”.

Geodes to Wallet

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I agree with this actually. The wallet was specifically implemented so that Anet’s favored method of content specific rewards, token currencies, didn’t take up ALL THE SPACES. The collections tab was implemented for the same reason: so that crafting materials don’t take up all the spaces. (And then they added gem store upgrades to it for compulsive hoarders, a great gem item that doesn’t reek of cash grabbiness)

Clusters and geodes (and a lot of LS tokens) specifically cause the very problem that was, in theory, already solved by the inclusion of QoL based system that allow these reward systems to be viable methods for future implementation.

Maybe the problem is that they designed the wallet interface (on the hero page) in too static a manner, conveniently forgetting that they might want to have more types of tokens in the future. Perhaps week 3’s “collecting and trading” feature pack reveals will reveal that “we redesigned the wallet so that it can be used with all future token currencies, because we sorta forgot that we will probably add more dungeons and tokens and stuff. Dunno how we forgot to future proof that.” And they’ll have a set of checkboxes/filters in the new interface so you can choose which currencies are displayed when you open your inventory, or add them on the achievement tracker in place of achievements. At least that’s how I would do it.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)