Get Scarlet out of my face.

in Living World

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

I’m totally immersed in some goings on in a far outpost of Tyria, you know, great scenery, brilliant music, atmospheric environmental sounds, and some nonsense yellow text about Scarlet blows my immersion.

Please! get this garbage off my screen. I am not playing on the map the LS events take place in and I sure as hell don’t see Dragon events posted so I can get there in time.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

It could easily be made into a tab on the hero panel and the icon flashes when it updates (like it currently does anyway).

Now that you mention ingame dragon timers that’d be nice too…

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Arguing over the definition of “immersion” and belittling the OP does nothing to address the original complaint.

The best compromise is probably as Rainbow says – make it optional whether you get these notifications or not.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Then lets address the original complaint.

“Scarlet is in your face”
Hardly. But since you want to talk about immersion, how is a spontaneous event, the very definition of a living world, not the most immersive thing they could possibly do? Besides, is 3 seconds of text so rage worthy?

Oh, but they don’t do it for dragons, since you actually want to break immersion for that.