Giant vines appearing in Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

Looks like the purple plant thing at the far west of the Silverwastes is spreading it’s vines. Anyone else notice this. I’m not sure when the northern one appeared (the one on the right in the picture), but I know the center one wasn’t there yesterday. I’ve run up and down that rock on the way to those lanes when gathering.

I think it’s possible we’ll get a third near Amber Sandfall before the next episode hits on Tuesday. It must have something to do with the next bit of story.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I was also wondering when I first saw the one in the north. I also couldn’t remember it being there right after the patch so I guess you could be right that they are appearing one after another…

in Living World

Posted by: Norseman.4280

Norseman.4280

Hmm interesting. A hint of things to come…

Jade Quarry. [Nord] [OMFG]

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Those weren’t there a week ago, 100% sure of that. Maybe they will spread a bit further before tuesday comes around. I bet they snuck them in another one of those ‘fixed a server crash’ mini patches like they did with the waypoint vines.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I was wondering about this too when I saw the second one appear. I wasn’t sure if the first one had always been there when I first saw it but I was 100% sure the second one wasn’t there a few days ago so I also hope they do something interesting with this. I also am pretty sure they will add a third one in the next few days before the patch, maybe even some will appear elsewhere, who knows?

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Oh good. I thought I was seeing things, but it seems I’m not the only one

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I saw them mentioned in another thread — in Reddit maybe? — when I searched for it after seeing the giant arching vine. One commenter said he happened to be there when the vine appeared, there was some shaking that others said was part of an event and then bam, vine.

The teaser video shows fighters racing down a vine tunnel. Perhaps that is related?

in Living World

Xyvol.1265

Those weren’t there a week ago, 100% sure of that. Maybe they will spread a bit further before tuesday comes around. I bet they snuck them in another one of those ‘fixed a server crash’ mini patches like they did with the waypoint vines.

There was no update before it happened though. Nothing for a week, and then BAM, giant vine right in front of the rock I like to run up and shoot from.

Timed release? Megaserver trickery?
(edit) So it happened during an event and some people got to witness it. That’s cool. I thought we’d e going up the lanes next, but maybe there’s more to do underground first.

(edited by Xyvol.1265)

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Oh wow I hope I am around when the inevitable third one springs out. I think I’ll camp around fort amber during daily reset time today to see if maybe that’s when they roll out the change.

in Living World

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

The air has started changing as well, and at least one guard at Amber was having hallucinations…

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Wow, wonder how many more are going to show. I see two so far standing on rocks between Amber and Blue Oasis.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Was wondering about this myself. Knew the first vine wasn’t there before. And now another one? Nice touches and updates.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I think people need to open their eyes, those have been there since day 1, Nov. 4th, maybe you didn’t notice them because they aren’t in the ‘normal’ pathways? You know how to tell if something was there or not before…have you had any data downloaded since the last change? No, then they’ve always been there, even little changes like that will result in a new build, and there haven’t been any for over a week.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think people need to open their eyes, those have been there since day 1, Nov. 4th, maybe you didn’t notice them because they aren’t in the ‘normal’ pathways? You know how to tell if something was there or not before…have you had any data downloaded since the last change? No, then they’ve always been there, even little changes like that will result in a new build, and there haven’t been any for over a week.

Not necessarily true at all. The devs have passively added changes to the world before without a patch. Namely the vines attacking the waypoints before the major attack from Mordremoth. Started with nothing when the previous patch was first released, then there started being more and more vines and they started interacting with the waypoints more aggressively (at first they were just touching them, then some started wrapping around them completely). It was well-documented by multiple players.

I would imagine they simply added the content on a timer during the previous patch so it would automatically show up gradually without the need for another patch.

Same could be the case here. Could, being the key word, because I personally can’t confirm whether these vines were around during the initial patch or not.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think people need to open their eyes, those have been there since day 1, Nov. 4th

One of the vines is just nearby a lost bandit chest spawn point, on top of a rock outcropping where before people often afk-d at amber to avoid getting aggroed by nearby events/random spawns, I wonder, how people managed to stand in that spot during the first week, if the vine was there from the day one (currently vine makes standing there impossible, you know).
Or, maybe, just maybe, it’s you that remember it wrong.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Xyvol.1265

Nope.

Picture 1 – Before – No giant vine.
Picture 2 – After – Giant vine.

Not the best of comparison pictures, but it’s all I have. There was no reason to screen shot the area before. Also, why is it always night when I go to take a screen shot?

As for the second one by the rock, go ahead and watch Dulfy’s Lost Badges guide, between #12 & #13. You can see clearly there is no vine in front of the rock.

As a ranger, I like to find places I can get away from mobs, preferably above them if possible. That little rock jutting up was a good spot for that, so I’d usually run up there anytime I was passing by the area. I assure you there was no vine there before.

Edit: compare the upper left corner of the screen shots.

Attachments:

(edited by Xyvol.1265)

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You are fully aware some of the Living Story content is time-released, right? Also, they can be added with the ‘hot fixes’ as well. And there’ve been a number of those. Four according to Guild Wars Wiki.

And, given Xyvol’s picture evidence, you might want to consider losing the snark the next time you post such a blanket statement.

Since, to use your own words, you might need to open your eyes instead.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

It may be like the flickering waypoints from the first part of the season…they’re gradually appearing. Anyway, I think they’re cool and add a nice Lovecraftian touch to the game.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I did notice them when they appeared as I tend to go through the area multiple times daily. I love the idea these show up without any fanfare. I try to pay attention and notice things like this. It is a nice touch on Anet’s part for things like this.

I also notice (shame on the Asurans) that the Lion’s Arch broken waypoint has not been fixed despite Taimi’s fix having gotten rid of the vines in a lot of places already. Hopefully we will find out why they are so slow at fixing that.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I seem to remember thinking: was this fine always there? Did I just not notice it?
But I do like this idea of the map slowly changing without the need for a patch first (or in Aerinndis.2730 words ‘fanfare’) makes it feel more alive.

in Living World

Posted by: Cynn.1659

Cynn.1659

New one appeared next to the amber fort.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

There’s 2 near amber fort now and one just east of that- I am thinking that they will have something to do with the season finale, how I am not sure yet but I think lots of smaller vines may appear from them and cover the whole area in mordrem vines, but that is a bit if a wild guess. Nonetheless I am looking forward to seeing whe some more will appear. Also, I wonder if they will be limited to silverwastes or maybe some will go to dry top/Brisban if the finale will be really that dramatic.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The ones near Amber are arching like a sea serpent’s back. I think it’s one huge vine extending itself.

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Have any mapbreakers been back into those big caverns under the Silverwastes since these started appearing? I wonder if they go all the way down…

I should be writing.

in Living World

Xyvol.1265

Photo evidence.

(If it’s always going to be dark in my screenshots, at least my hair glows! )

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Zaklex.6308 is funny. LOL

Anyway. Yeah I took a while to notice these… Been watching LA coming to life instead and just mindless farming Silverwastes.

Lets see what happens with todays/tomorrow(depends where you are) patch.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The vines are moving towards camp resolve, maybe Mordremoth will launch an assault on the fort?

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The amber fort vine moved once again. It is now almost at the red fort level. Two jumps more and it will be at the Pact camp.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

So I am assuming its a build up to the finale. But we won’t be fighting mordy, but his primary minion and this flower plant thing.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/540552249777602560/photo/1

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Cynn.1659

Cynn.1659

I would like to add that since map got released, sky got covered in dark clouds.