Gillscale Pond: Discussion

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

there will be event -3 waves attack of bloodstone elementals -after taht either jump to portal od go to lake – there is “???” item -which give you mysterious item
NPC after you get item If he said “thats interesting” you need to wait a bit, then youll get tp away and the item is now Class 1 Rift stabilisator Chatcode: [&AgEFNwEA] ID (79621) its also useable you can use 1 to swap it from 1 to 13. if you activate it and jump throught the portal, youll get ported to another place.
the locations:
1 pond
2 hoelbrak
3 cursed shore
4 malchors leap
5 Diessa Plateau
6 is Lornar’s Pass
7 is Fireheart Rise
8 is Black Citadel
9 metrica
10 is Dredgehaunt cliffs
11 is Dry Top
12 is Blazeridge Steppes
13 the groove
HOW TO STABILIZE THE RIFTS :
At least 1 person will get 5 action keys in place of the weapon slots. They will be some combination of A’s and B’s. If you press a key the two (or 1 alternate) to that key will flip. You need to get all 5 to be A’s to stabilize the portal (5 B’s knocks you over, only A’s work)

next steps TO GET STABIZER TIER II when you use stablizer I on each 13 numbers (on any rifts and from 1 to 13>1) and return to 1st number (so 14 portals) you get a broken stabilizer. And when you turn it back to charr near pond, he gives you a II stablizer, which enables you to choose 2 numbers.
this is sheet with all tier 2 location find so far http://pastebin.com/v4VGKdpa by r/Kafukator and wiki page with same info https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Class_II_Rift_Stabilizer and even more locations https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E4SUsj5RnZO33utI4_QWp-HeqiJYHFqZvlZT_QOtrSI/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true by /u/pharakhos
It seems like choosing X + 1 always brings you to the same locations as if you had choosen X with the Rift Stabiliser 1
Also there seems to be a little random chance to get transformed into an Anomoly

FINALE SO FAR : we get people who jump all combination getting nothing. There is nice and very likely theory by /u/Viniacious – “Could it be that we have to wait for the next patch and then maybe we will get class 2 magic rifts? Could be that the second device only really works with those”. This one would be in line with anet current events model (getting them futher and futher each week) as well as with device called “Class II Rift stabilizer” while we have just “Class I magic rifts”. lack of any achivs can be bug, and this is just theory too

Thanks for reddit to detailize the guide. I hope this helps people who haven’t figured it out yet / don’t know about reddit.
Thanks and source to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55u749/something_unusual_is_happening_at_gillscale_pond/

Complete map with coordinates thanks to Rabe.2456
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Gillscale-Pond-Discussion/6354184

More details in the discussion below and in the comments on the reddit link

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Apparently it is a commander gathering spot…

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Apparently it is a commander gathering spot…

I’d never expect anything less. They’ll just wait there for ‘something’ to happen

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

And then Dulfy.net will print the walkthru along with hints for other things.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Looks like it is related to the anomalies based on map chat and all life round the lake appears to be dead

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve already finished this patch’s Current Event. I’m not sure that the pond isn’t a red herring. One can start said Current Event away from the pond. /shrug

Edit: After reading the edited OP, perhaps there is more new content than the new Current Event. Unless the item given is the same one acquired sans the pond.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Funny it’s in Fields of Ruin with the rumors that we may be going to next.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

There are rifts u use the device in the lake to close. currentl;y we’re failing to coordinate in our map tho, if that is what we are meant to being doing. I jumped through whilst channelling “number 2” and ended up in Hoelbrak where more groups were channelling a rift.

Attachments:

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

There are rifts u use the device in the lake to close. currentl;y we’re failing to coordinate in our map tho

we’ve gotten that much, but we haven’t figured out how to activate the device yet

in Living World

Randulf.7614

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Randulf.7614

I love how location 9 is the Dry Top diving point…

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

yea, but from there you get thrown to Hoelbrak to for some reason

in Living World

Randulf.7614

yea, but from there you get thrown to Hoelbrak to for some reason

I didn’t?

in Living World

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Isn’t that 11?

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Isn’t that 11?

Yes, sorry, my bad!

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Dulfy’s Reddit link with a good summary and a further link to a spreadsheet of device 2’s combinations is at https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55ut1w/spoilers_october_4_current_events_guide_work_in/

Short form: Acquire device by jumping in a rift to fall into the pond, seek the yellow ??? in the silt, take that to the charr who keeps moving around the pond edge. Talk to him, wait a minute while he does stuff, you get teleported. Go back to him for your device #1.

Now go anywhere on the Fields of Ruin map to find an event dot with nothing happening around it. Activate the device and use skill 1 while standing on the dot (just one press). You will channel to a rift. If no one else has stabilized it, you get circles and spirals in your 2-5 skills. Your goal is to make them all spirals. Click on one to flip both it and the ones next to it, do this until all are the same (easier than it sounds, it’s a very simplistic puzzle on this theme).

Now you will see a roman numeral in your 1-skill. If you click on that it will cycle from I to XIII. Select the one you want and hop through the portal. Visit all 13 locations, not necessarily in order, not necessarily via rifts at those locations, then go back to the charr to get your device upgraded to a 2. Then rifts will offer you 1-skill and 2-skill options and you input combos of those to go to yet more locations (no effect yet if you do other than learning where they take you).

You can share rifts with other people. If it’s active, press 1 to channel, input your destination, jump through.

Have fun!

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Thats cleared the stabilising bit up, thanks. Ive obviously always found it stabilised due to the sheer number of people there atm.

Im surprised no achievement ticked off for upgrading the device, just to give a sense of progressing down the right track, but otherwise i rather enjoyed the investigative process of this event for a change.

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Is there any way to see which numbers you still need to do?

I’ve done all 13, but the device didn’t break, so clearly one or more didn’t count, but I’ve no idea which one(s).

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve done all 13, but the device didn’t break, so clearly one or more didn’t count, but I’ve no idea which one(s).

Same happened to me, but there’s a list of the locations in the Wiki, and I saw one I didn’t recognize, jumped through with that number, and voila! Broken Stabilizer.

Good luck.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

You do all 13 plus the first one again

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I made a map of the class 2 rift locations, if anybody was curious.

(I took that_shaman’s Historical Guide to Tyria map as a basis)

Attachments:

(edited by Rabe.2456)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

You mean locations that the second device takes you? The class 2 rifts are not available yet the last that I heard.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You mean locations that the second device takes you? The class 2 rifts are not available yet the last that I heard.

Some of them are available through a class 1 rift. Example: (VII, VII) takes you to the top of a krait tower near one of the bloodstone shards. The list that players have gone through is likely incomplete until the rest of the locations are released through content, but you can go to a few different places with a class 2 device.

Thanks for the map, Rabe. Think you could do us all a tiny favor and put the coordinates on them too?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Some of them are available through a class 1 rift. Example: (VII, VII) takes you to the top of a krait tower near one of the bloodstone shards. The list that players have gone through is likely incomplete until the rest of the locations are released through content, but you can go to a few different places with a class 2 device.

Thanks for the map, Rabe. Think you could do us all a tiny favor and put the coordinates on them too?

I was talking about an actual class 2 rift and not the device. Using the device doesn’t change a class 1 rift into a class 2 one from what I have seen.

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

I was talking about an actual class 2 rift and not the device. Using the device doesn’t change a class 1 rift into a class 2 one from what I have seen.

Ah, right, yes. The upgraded device does add more teleport options, but I don’t think anyone’s seen a Class 2 rift yet. ANet needs to save a little something for the suspense.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Ah, right, yes. The upgraded device does add more teleport options, but I don’t think anyone’s seen a Class 2 rift yet. ANet needs to save a little something for the suspense.

Yeah. I just hope it’s not something that gets dragged out for too long.

in Living World

Posted by: Jonii.6285

Jonii.6285

Did some tests with the Anomaly transformation.

/sad just does the emote, nothing else.
Your body gets left behind when you become an Anomaly, downed in place.
Touching your body puts you back into it.
There is a flashing tether between you and your body, which alerts proximity to it.
Leaving the map in the form puts you back in your body.
Players can attack you in the form. Killing you puts you back in your body.

I feel like there’s gotta be something we can do as an Anomaly as our next step, but it’s hard to figure out when players actively hunt you down and kill you.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lornar’s Pass seems to be a popular destination. I wonder if that is significant. Hmm.

in Living World

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I get to Lornar’s Pass and can’t get it to port me to the next location no matter how much I hop around like an idiot, even if I’m the one who stabilizes it :| A time or two, I used my glider to get to the portal again, and it only takes me back to the pond.

How do you get past this part?

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can’t you get to the next destination by using a rift at the pond area, if you’ve been ported back there?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Living World

Posted by: celticdragon.9370

celticdragon.9370

Does anyone know if there are supposed to be “Current Events” achievements for the Magic Rifts? It seems odd that there aren’t any.

in Living World

Rabe.2456

Yes sorry, I meant to say the class 2 device, mb.

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

One thing that is confusing about this event is that there is no achievement for it. I’m not looking for achievement points, but something started in our Achievement Panel to track the progress of the event. I can’t think of the last time there was an event with nothing at all in the Achievement panel.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Rabe.2456

Because you asked so nicely here are the coordinates.

Attachments:

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

I gratefully applaud the extra effort! Thanks!

Many alts; handle it!

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Thanks so much for that, I’ll hotlink to this post in the main body

in Living World

Donari.5237

One correction to the map, the one in NW Dredgehaunt is II-V not V-II

in Living World

Rabe.2456

You are right, fixed it real quick.

Attachments:

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Darnit, now I have to repair the body again :p, thanks for the update.
But may I ask where you found the map file?

in Living World

Rabe.2456

Darnit, now I have to repair the body again :p, thanks for the update.
But may I ask where you found the map file?

I got it from the best gw2 dataminer around: http://blog.thatshaman.com/p/historical-guide.html.

(edited by Rabe.2456)

in Living World

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

Has anyone made a note of the symbols that come up every now and again?
I think they work like a lever puzzle – selecting one changes the others

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Thats if you want to open a rift. They’re labelled A and B, and you need to turn them all to A to stabilize a rift. When you press one key, the buttons next to them flip as well.
So its a minipuzzle

A B B A B
Press 2
B A A A B
Press 5
B A A B A
etc. Turn them all to A

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

So line connecting IX and VII cross Hakewood in DAlessio Seaboard.
Its overloading stabilizer of class I made rift o class V. Or we happened to cross class V and broke stabilizer.
stab/rift class:
I —-— V
II —-- VI
III —-- VII
IV —-- VIII
Its how I see it. Have stabilizer up to IV class, cuz V will be kind of theshold. Overloading stabilizer of (x)class makes rift of (x+4)class. As far as would go with speculations.
Waiting for update to see what happens.

in Living World

Donari.5237

Thats if you want to open a rift. They’re labelled A and B, and you need to turn them all to A to stabilize a rift. When you press one key, the buttons next to them flip as well.
So its a minipuzzle

A B B A B
Press 2
B A A A B
Press 5
B A A B A
etc. Turn them all to A

To clarify, no need to look at the letters. They have two symbols, a circle and a spiral. Clicking on any one flips both it and the adjacent ones as Amaimon describes. They don’t wrap around, however, so if you click on 5 you will only flip 5 and 4.

Generally you can get them all flipped to spirals (which is what you want) in at most 2 or 3 clicks. EG if you have all circles, click 4 (flips 3-4-5 to spirals) and 1 (flips 1-2) and you’re done.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

Thank you for that,
Now this is purely me but i’m a bit confused as I only had this appear a few times (okay 2 times). So this enables to open a rift – does that mean people can jump through it at that point?
What is the difference between stabilizing and opening (if there is one).
I just never had time to experiment – I was too busy jumping through weird rifts to notice.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As far as I can tell you have to stabalise a rift (using the symbol puzzle) to be able to jump through it. Once you’ve done that your skills will switch to the roman numerals and you can choose where to jump to.

But only 1 person needs to do that per rift. If someone else has already completed the puzzle then your stabaliser will immediately show you the numerals and you just need to choose a setting and jump.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Donari.5237

I like the design. There’s no particular benefit to being the one who stabilizes the rift (other than getting quick event credit for dailies) so there’s no need to fight over doing it. Once it’s stabilized, it’s a portal for anyone with a device who inputs coordinates and jumps in before it times out, and it’s on a long enough timer not to cause frustration.

So anyone can stabilize and then everyone can use. Far more cooperative than we’ve seen on some initial Current Events designs!