Harbringer of Woe and Omadd's Machine

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

SPOILER ALERT POSSIBLE SPOILERS FROM LS2, LS3.

If you done all of Nightmare’s achievements and you have 100lvl in Fractals you can start challenge mode. After when you activate challange the guy- Harbringer of Woe appears.

When you zoom in this guy, then you can see really frightening view [screenshot below].

Omadd’s Machine showed the orbs [a reminder][Screenshot below]:
Primordus- Orange/Red
DSD- Blue
Jormag- White
Zhaitan- Dark Green
Kralkatorrik- Purple
Mordremoth- Lime Green

I think that Harbringer gives us a view of crash 2 orbs- Orange/Red and White.
So will the Commander and Taimi’s plan be successful? I think that it will.

Anyway I can see another hint now. Perhaps these orbs show the order of fights with dragons:

Mordremoth’s orb is in the middle, we killed him already
Zhaitan’s orb is farthest, we killed him already too.

Primordus’ and Jormag’s orbs are really close to each other. In the LS3 we knew, that 2 dragons are active and in the Omadd’s Machine the orbs are pararell and are close each to each other as I said.

Deep Sea Dragon’s orb is a 2nd one, perhaps after when we’ll kill Jormag and Primordus, Steve will awake.

Kralkatorrik’s orb is a 3rd one, so it is possible, that we will kill him in the end.

If you watched WoodenPotatoes “The Arkk in the Mists”, he says in the end, that this Harbringer shows destruction of Tyria, but I don’t think so. I think, that it shows the destruction of Dragon’s orbs.

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

I don’t see brocken orbs here. Only a cracked planet. It is obviously a planet in space, and it is in a plural number. While there are 6 dragons (orbs) and 2 of them are dead.
Besides, that thing is called harbinger of woe, not harbinger of joy. It should predict something bad, like planet destruction, not something good, like killing elder dragons.

in Living World

Arden.7480

“I don’t see brocken orbs here. Only a cracked planet. It is obviously a planet in space, and it is in a plural number.”

But if there is a planet- Tyria, so there has to be another planet, right? So 2 planets are going to meet each other and destroy themselves? What? O_o

Anyway the planet’s destruction sounds really ridiculous.

“Besides, that thing is called harbinger of woe, not harbinger of joy. It should predict something bad, like planet destruction, not something good, like killing elder dragons.”

I didn’t write, that it predicts something joyful, killing 2 dragons will cause a disorder of LLE again, but Tyria survived when LLE came out after Mordremoth’s death.
Dragons are creatures, which balance the magic in Tyria, but they use the magic for bad things. We are in the dead end, because if we won’t kill dragons, they will grow stronger, but if we will kill them all, the magic in Tyria would be unstoppable.

WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE, because we have Aurene. Aurene is a dragon as Jormag or Primordus are, so she consumes magic, so we have to have her in the our side, because she is our last hope against this disorder of magic.

I would like to say, that killing dragons is something good, but after when we learned about that they consume loose magic, I am really worried.

Anyway you can see whatever you like in this screenshots about Harbringer, but Tyria’s destruction is impossible.

If you would watch Omadd’s Machine Cinematic, you would see stars etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQGGytoNXk8

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

I never said the planet was Tiria. It may be just the random planet, they are quite a lot of there, in space. But definitely there are no dragon orbs there. You made up overcomplicated theory when there is a much plausible and logical explanation. The texture used in harbinger looks like one used in Dusk leg. greatsword. And it was just rehashed because it was a fitting texture.

in Living World

Arden.7480

So I wanna ask you few questions:

1. So which planets and what would happen to Tyria if they would destroy each other?
2. Why wouldn’t Dragons orbs be there? I think, that it fits perfectly to situation in Tyria and it is not a case, that this Harbringer appeared with Ep 3.
3. Do you mean Twilight? There are stars, but you can’t see any planets or orbs there. It is absolutely confirmed, that Tyria is a part of cosmos, but is there any theory about other planets, or just speculations?

I was clear with that there are Dragons orbs. I think, that ANet wouldn’t put a Harbringer, which would show planets’ destruction. That would be really weird.

I think, that this is the sign, that we will be back to some LS2’s discoveries like Omadd’s Machine. But there are only my speculations.

in Living World

Posted by: nighthawke.3075

nighthawke.3075

I think its a warning.

If we keep killing the dragons without something to balance the power the world will be destroyed. Similar to what is believed to have happened to the humans original world (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Where-did-Humans-come-from). The 6 god’s killed off there Elder whatever’s and caused the planet to die, they took the humans through the mists and came to tyria.

The human gods destroyed their world the same way we have started to destroy tyria. The Harbinger of Woe is warning us of the end result of our players current path. IMO.

(edited by nighthawke.3075)

in Living World

Arden.7480

I think its a warning.

If we keep killing the dragons without something to balance the power the world will be destroyed. Similar to what is believed to have happened to the humans original world (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Where-did-Humans-come-from). The 6 god’s killed off there Elder whatever’s and caused the planet to die, they took the humans through the mists and came to tyria.

The human gods destroyed their world the same way we have started to destroy tyria. The Harbinger of Woe is warning us of the end result of our players current path. IMO.

The worst thing is that we cannot stop these changes in the world, perhaps Aurene will help us in some way, but I am sure she won’t consume all of the magic. We have Lazarus, who consumes magic as well, but will they be enough to stop the catastrophy?

The most frightening thing here is that this guy is called “Harbringer of Woe”… We don’t know what this horrible prophecy will bring. Perhaps as WoodenPotatoes said- destroying of Tyria or something what is going to happen if 2 dragons will die.

We should say to Taimi what is happening in the Mists and about Arkk. This is really important.

We saw the connection with LS3 and Raid’s storytelling. Xera- the last boss said, that Lazarus will come and nothing can stop his return. Maybe we will see some topics from the Mists to LS3.

Anyway the situation in Tyria and in the Mists is really grim.

We’re in the dead end…

in Living World

nighthawke.3075

I think its a warning.

The worst thing is that we cannot stop these changes in the world, perhaps Aurene will help us in some way, but I am sure she won’t consume all of the magic. We have Lazarus, who consumes magic as well, but will they be enough to stop the catastrophy?

The most frightening thing here is that this guy is called “Harbringer of Woe”… We don’t know what this horrible prophecy will bring. Perhaps as WoodenPotatoes said- destroying of Tyria or something what is going to happen if 2 dragons will die.

We should say to Taimi what is happening in the Mists and about Arkk. This is really important.

We saw the connection with LS3 and Raid’s storytelling. Xera- the last boss said, that Lazarus will come and nothing can stop his return. Maybe we will see some topics from the Mists to LS3.

Anyway the situation in Tyria and in the Mists is really grim.

We’re in the dead end…

might not be a dead end. After all there are six dragons, six human gods, six members of dragons watch…. who knows what could happen!

in Living World

Arden.7480

Dragon’s Watch is a fake right now, there are 2 charrs, 2 humans and 1 asura.

5 members from 5 Races represented Destiny’s Edge. The new guild has not Sylvari and Norn, so something what always represented the Races, when we stood against dragons don’t exist now.

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

nighthawke.3075

Dragon’s Watch is a fake right now, there are 2 charrs, 2 humans and 1 asura.

6 members from 6 Races represented Destiny’s Edge. The new guild has not Sylvari and Norn, so something what always represented the Races, when we stood against dragons don’t exist now.

I think you might have missed my point. All we need is six characters to step into the dragons vacated “seat” doesn’t really matter who. Preferably they are more ebb and flowy than binge and purgy.

in Living World

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

6 members from 6 Races represented Destiny’s Edge.

So Snaff was Tengu after all? And i always thought he was an asura

in Living World

Arden.7480

6 members from 6 Races represented Destiny’s Edge.

So Snaff was Tengu after all? And i always thought he was an asura

Sorry for misunderstanding me. I meant Destiny’s Edge after when it was reunited: Battle against Zhaitan.

in Living World

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

So the pact commander is tengu now?
I still count only 5 races.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Oh really… Sorry I have to edit this XD I meant 5 races and 5 members of DE xD

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The harbinger of Woe makes me wonder once again, where did gods and humans come from, why did they leave and why did they choose Tyria?

in Living World

Arden.7480

The harbinger of Woe makes me wonder once again, where did gods and humans come from, why did they leave and why did they choose Tyria?

And why do the dragons come after them? We have a lot of questions about origins of our world. If Gods are not in the Mists, they have to be in the another, unknown place… This is really fascinating.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

And why do the dragons come after them? We have a lot of questions about origins of our world. If Gods are not in the Mists, they have to be in the another, unknown place… This is really fascinating.

The dragons were here long before the humans and their gods.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Have you a source of this, or is it just a theory?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Dragons pre-dating the Gods and the Humans? That is established lore from various in game places and you can delve into the Wiki for further info.

At an unknown time after the writing of the Tome of Rubicon but prior to 786 BE, the Six Gods arrived on the world and brought the humans with them, but from where is not known. Original human legends claimed that the Six Gods created the world, and the charr also have legends of Melandru creating the world, though this has in recent decades been realized to be false. Their age is also unknown, but it is known that the current pantheon as a whole is not the first, and that they have not been on Tyria as long as the Elder Dragons.

Or did you mean a source for something else?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

There are tons of sources, most are in the game. For instance, the elder races, built the bloodstone 10,000 years ago to stop the dragons. When the gods arrived, the bloodstones were here. Plus Arah, where the gods eventually made there home was on top of Zhaitan.

It would be a good idea for you to take a look at the wiki instead of arguing with everyone.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

in Living World

Arden.7480

There are tons of sources, most are in the game. For instance, the elder races, built the bloodstone 10,000 years ago to stop the dragons. When the gods arrived, the bloodstones were here. Plus Arah, where the gods eventually made there home was on top of Zhaitan.

It would be a good idea for you to take a look at the wiki instead of arguing with everyone.

Oh thank you “boss” for the advice.. Yeah it is really hard to say something without picking on.

Anyway I am not so clever as you are I know, you don’t miss any informations. I missed and I asked you. So what the heck do you mean with “arguing with everyone”?

But I wanna control myself here, because I don’t wanna an argument here.
Next time just ignore me or answer as a human not as a wild animal, who didn’t eat few months.

in Living World

Posted by: hathreyn.4138

hathreyn.4138

Ok don’t really want to risk posting in a dead thread, but figured I would way in on this, first the second screenshot you posted is what the Durmand Priory called The All, you can see it better if you watch the Omadd’s Machine cinematic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQGGytoNXk8 or even here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_All. Now I think based on what bread crumbs ArenaNet has given us is that the Harbinger of Woe is showing what will happen to Tyria if we keep messing with the balance of power. First we have Morderemoth’s reaction to death his exact quote was “What have you done?” Now I don’t believe that too be a throw away line, Mordremoth showed more intelligence than Zhaitan ever did simply based on our conversation with him, he very well could have been aware of The All or as we know the Anti-Kytheria Mechanism. Again something along these lines is brought up in the Caladbolg restoration current event. Spoiler:
"The hero sought to save the world. "If I keep trying, I'll be able to win," the hero thought. But the harder the hero fought, the further the world seemed to tumble away. Drowning in doubt, the hero could not even save themselves."
This sequence doesn’t seem to be a throw-away thing either and points to the fact that we need to find replacements for the Elder Dragon’s no Aurene will not cut it, if anything after seeing the events in Bloodstone Fen I don’t believe she can regulate that much magic by herself, it took 6 dragons and still they fell to the hunger to consume magic and that is assuming they were once noble. If you look at the Harbinger and pay closer attention to the story and events it’s clear that killing all 6 dragons without 6 suitable replacements to regulate magic there will be problems. That image on the Harbinger is a potential future for Tyria. So no I don’t believe that the image is the destruction of the dragon orbs, because the dragon orbs aren’t real they were metaphysical expressions of the 6 powers that maintain the balance of the world in the Eternal Alchemy.

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

not that smart but i dont think if two orbs collided then half of each orb would disappear
and they would fit so perfectly to each other besides through lw and event we clearly see that the magic released is capable of great deeds. Also that margonite from gw1 i believe said should balance disappear the world will end or some kitten.

(edited by zealex.9410)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Mists is literally a multiverse with dozens if not thousands of inhabitable planets. The Harbinger of Woe is based in The Mists, and iirc from the mysterious hint in the update notes, is more tied to exploring The Mists (read: the multiverse) than Tyria.

The All, however, is literally just Tyria and its connection to six bodies of power – not the Elder Dragons, but bodies of power which the Elder Dragons are directly tied to; Jotun claim they are stars, while a norn Priory scholar believes them to be spirit realms, ultimately it’s still unknown what those six orbs represent but it’s not the Elder Dragons (directly).

This said, the Harbinger of Woe’s texture is likely just a cataclysmic event in space with no meaning, showing a cataclysmic event because of its name and intended meaning (a foreteller of misery and general bad times). But if it does, then the Harbinger’s lore can very easily go well beyond Tyria and into other things.

I also want to specify that the texture features one planet, not two, as the first few posts believe. As seen here. That one planet, however, had split in half.

If I were to theorize what that planet could be were it tied to lore… I’d say the human homeworld.

We’ve long had reason to believe that the Six Gods, Forgotten, and humans (perhaps even more) had escaped some cataclysmic event. Most of the hints come from this object in Malchor’s Leap – specifically the following lines:

• “She chose Tyria and brought with her those who would make this world a paradise. As she had promised, Dwayna led her people to peace.” – In of itself not very telling, but Dwayna brought humans to make a paradise slash peaceful world tells us one very important thing right away: Where the Six and humans came from was not peaceful.
  • “Balthazar came in fire and wrath, carrying the head of his father and leading his fierce hounds, Temar and Tegon. He swept Orr with a cleansing flame.” – While the nature of Balthazar’s father’s death is unclear, this shows there was indeed strife – enough strife that caused the death of a god’s father. It could be that Balthazar killed his father and carries his head in triumph, or that his father was killed by another and Balthazar carries his head in an unusually grim show of remorse (we don’t really know the manner of carrying either, I’d note).
  • “The two who are one, Issa and Lys,[sic] brought with her the hope and beauty of humanity. While the other gods focused on building Arah and beginning a new future, Lyssa gave them joy and helped them forget the past.” – This is the first truly telling line… who is Lyssa helping to forget the past? The humans, or the other gods? And why does she need to do so and to give them joy? What was so horrible in the past, that people were saddened by it and were better off not knowing?
  • “Among them was Abaddon—once secret-keeper, now betrayer. How you have fallen from the glorious days of old. What passed beyond in the Mists, only you remember.” – Most telling is this… Abaddon remembers what was forgotten… This may be referring to the line about Lyssa, and what she helped others forget. If so, then what Lyssa helped others forget, even the other Six do not remember, and happened on another world.

If these lines all talk of the same thing, which given the same source is not unfound, then this tell us that something happened to the homeworld, something that caused the death of those close to the gods and led them to leave that world, something that was full of strife, and that was so painful even the gods could not bear to remember it. And the one who did remember it, fell to evil deeds eventually…

All that said, however, I want to stress something folks keep forgetting: ArenaNet had stated that the fractal storyline is parallel but separate from the Living World/main storyline. Meaning that Arkk and the Harbinger of Woe (if there is indeed any lore to the Harbinger) is not going to be tied to the events that happen in Tyria (at least not for a while / not directly).

Same can be said for the raid storylines, they run parallel but part of (though definitely sometimes tied to) the Living World/expansion storyline.

Edit: And to specify on the necroing post:

There is definitely a theme established with Season 3 of the PC being alienated, thus “downing in doubt”, but I don’t think this is directly tied to the fight against the Elder Dragons so much as how all their allies and friends are being stripped away from them (Rox, Canach, Logan, and Braham left of their own will; Caithe, and possibly Marjory, became untrustworthy; Rytlock was taken away; Eir and Trahearne were killed and Zojja is indisposed still).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

In Logan’s case, I think he’s still readily classified among the PC’s allies – he’s just an allied general rather than being someone fighting at your side. In fact, Logan becoming the Pact Marshal is probably a good outcome for the PC – Logan trusts the PC, so if the PC shows up requesting the Pact participate in some operation or another, Logan will probably trust that the PC has a good read on the situation, where a different Marshal might be more inclined to question the PC’s judgement.

I do wonder, though, how well Logan will cope with being cooped up in an office in Lion’s Arch long-term.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’s true for Rox and Canach too, but they still left the PC leaving them immediately isolated, just as Marjory, Rytlock, and Braham did (with or without their consent).

It really feels to me like they’re trying to isolate the PC in the story, perhaps to build up for something. If I had to guess, I’d say that something was related to Aurene and her growing into an Elder Dragon (we’ve already exhibited some signs that imply corruption – Aurene granting us magic in Prized Possessions, the PC immediately knowing Aurene’s name, and the PC’s comment of “I’m at Aurene’s disposal.” during Precocious Aurene seem to me like subtle beginnings of corruption, like early stages of Reaper indoctrination).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

It really feels to me like they’re trying to isolate the PC in the story, perhaps to build up for something. If I had to guess, I’d say that something was related to Aurene and her growing into an Elder Dragon (we’ve already exhibited some signs that imply corruption – Aurene granting us magic in Prized Possessions, the PC immediately knowing Aurene’s name, and the PC’s comment of “I’m at Aurene’s disposal.” during Precocious Aurene seem to me like subtle beginnings of corruption, like early stages of Reaper indoctrination).

Yeah, that’s my impression as well. Reminds me of some cliché drama setup I’ve read in other stories but that’s just my low-ish drama tolerance, so don’t mind me rambling. Anyway, I think Caithe’s on her way to earn the PCs trust again as the end of “Dragon Vigil” implied. Due to how this setup has been built so far, I had actually hoped that Lazarus won’t turn out as another evil guy, and I would absolutely loathe it if/when Aurene becomes corrupted (maybe that’s just my goody-goody preferance here lol). With the next x-pack, we’ll have hopefully Kasmeer and Jory back, Canach on a “freelancer” basis. Depending on how much the last LS episode covers, maybe we’ll get insight in Rythlocks situation. That leaves us with Braham and Rox which requires Braham not to die in his reckless zerg rush and that he gets temporary his attitude back in control.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That’s true for Rox and Canach too, but they still left the PC leaving them immediately isolated, just as Marjory, Rytlock, and Braham did (with or without their consent).

A sound theory, but to me it feels more like a rite of passage to bring the Guild together by isolating the PC first and having his big challenge in uniting a new Guild which hasn’t been accepted yet by the playerbase. It’s kind like how the unity/working together theme worked through the Zhaitan storyline, but this time to help cement the Guild in the players mind, by making each NPC face their own individual challenges before realising they all need each other.