Has Anet forgotten? :(

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I was chatting with a guildmate who was doing HoT story with an alt in order to get the exalted weapon collection set. We both agreed the story was good and we couldn’t wait for Living Story season 3.

While we are both excited for the “confirmed” plotlines I mentioned to my guildy friend that I was excited to see the story for the “other characters” these being Evon Gnashblade, Ellen Kiel, Hero-tron, Magnus, and the Consortium……however, now that I think about it it seems S3 will (as far as we know) focus on rytlock the revenant, zoijja and logan, the egg, taimi’s findings, and canach’s future.

These “Other characters” were not the focus of season 2 and HoT story, and its totally understandable, but I’m a little worried that Anet doesnt really plan on using them. We technically haven’t seen the Consortium do anything significant since “Last Stand at Southsun” a 2013 release

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There were a lot of sly Consortium things added with the new Lions Arch.
I wouldn’t worry if I were you. While the direction of the main storyline is reasonably clear, that doesn’t mean that these other plot points won’t be gone into. They’re definitely far more minor though, by which i mean their impacts aren’t quite so significant as that of the Elder Dragons. Arenanet is more likely to touch on those points in smaller releases, perhaps akin to the LW S1 mode, if they ever return to something like that.

Of course in an MMO as big as GW2 it’s not going to be possible for every plot detail to be touched on, but things like the Consortium have seen a long and slow build up. Their story is going somewhere, it’s just a matter of time.

in Living World

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

It would actually be funny if they went with, “Evon Gnashblade’ Story” now available on the gemstore!

Price it around 500 gems as an experiment.

in Living World

eduardo.1436

welp with the AMA reddit post I am more confident:

“The story will definitely pick up in Season 3 where we left off in HoT. You will certainly hear more about Rata Novus, the egg, etc and we always look for ways to put in bonus and optional story for the folks who really want it

I hope that these “bonus” story deal with these characters

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It will stat after the 3rd raid wing comes out, so it will be a good while yet.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

eduardo.1436

sigh I know that Anet is going through some really some hard times. They have hyped LW S3 too much imo. If I dont see these characters in LW S3 I’m sorry but Anet you are gonna miss a huge opportunity in terms of storytelling .

The truth is I don’t like the biconics very much and ironically find these supporting characters far more interesting. Am I alone on this one?

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

There are a lot of loose lore ends out there from the previous living stories that I would love to see more tied into where the big story is going. I realize it is a lot of work but it would so add to the overall story to find out what is really going on with the consortium, Hero-O-Tron’s story line with Evon Gnashblade, etc. Small mini stories we could also follow through to learn more. Or conversations we could trigger if we started talking to more npcs that would provide clues to talk to other npcs to find out things.

I remember in Metrica at Soren Draa there is a message robot that goes back and forth and passes messages. I followed that robot for quite some time totally enchanted with the messages he was taking back and forth between two asurans concerning their relationship. I am not sure it is still there but I thought it was such a nice touch. Some of the loose ends of the Living Story could be tidied up in such a way. Some things we would have to discover and possibly follow someone even into a small instance to get more insight. This would certainly add more depth to the storyline over all.

Heck, I am still wondering what happened to the underground sewers in Lion’s Arch and will we ever get into Divinity Reach’s sewers. I bet there is some interesting things to find, lol….

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

in Living World

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

they can’t continue living story because they haven’t “finish” working on HoT.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

in Living World

eduardo.1436

they can’t continue living story because they haven’t “finish” working on HoT.

irrelevant comment, this patch (apparently) will fix HoT issues and old content. LW will (apparently) be released on summer

Please stay to the topic